Alexandra Cadantu - Page 116 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #1726
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

I actually think she did it right if she really started into the year with shoulder problems. I imagine her being in South America already for quite a while focusing on the clay courts.

Of course she could have played other tournaments before, but that wud have meant for her to change time zones or surface preparation. Having already stayed for longer in America could really give her an advantage over other players who have already traveled through half of the world in the last couple of weeks. And it's clay after all, so everything possible.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #1727
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I actually think she did it right if she really started into the year with shoulder problems. I imagine her being in South America already for quite a while focusing on the clay courts.

Of course she could have played other tournaments before, but that wud have meant for her to change time zones or surface preparation. Having already stayed for longer in America could really give her an advantage over other players who have already traveled through half of the world in the last couple of weeks. And it's clay after all, so everything possible.
You mean clay court . Because she'll next head to Florianopolis, Indian Wells and Miami.

In my opinion , it's not a good decision and she should have played Doha and maybe Dubai q also.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #1728
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She made the same decisions the years before and it paid off nicely.

Playing Dubai Q would have been nonsense, in Doha she would have gotten into the MD but her chances to win a match there would have been slim at that point.

Alexandra really strikes me as one of the players who need to get into groove. Continent hopping doesn't seem to be her thing. She is usually taking breaks between changing continents. However, my statement is really based on the assumption that she is physically hampered.
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #1729
country flag Curcubeu

Alexandra will try to repeat last year's success with a new coach. She has parted with her old coach Ilina on an official basis.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 04:15 AM   #1730
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Who is her new coach?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #1731

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Alin Ilina

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #1732
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Alin Ilina

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
This is what I thought as well, but why did she let it edit on her WTA profile where she is now officially marked as being coachless?

Thus said, Alexandra has never had a strict coaching hierarchy compared to other plyers. So I wouldn't read much into this as she will have as usually prepared in Bucharest with a team of coaches and sparing partners.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #1733

Quote:
This is what I thought as well, but why did she let it edit on her WTA profile where she is now officially marked as being coachless?

Thus said, Alexandra has never had a strict coaching hierarchy compared to other plyers. So I wouldn't read much into this as she will have as usually prepared in Bucharest with a team of coaches and sparing partners.
Have you followed her profile and was edited this year ? Because Halep is still coached by Marcu on WTA , and one would think they are paying more attention to Top 10's profiles.

Old Feb 15th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #1734
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Have you followed her profile and was edited this year ? Because Halep is still coached by Marcu on WTA , and one would think they are paying more attention to Top 10's profiles.

Yes, it has been edited this year.

Ilina was indeed mentioned as her coach up to this year. I still don't know what it is with her 'official website', though.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #1735
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Rio, Main Draw:

(4) Cadantu vs Pereira
Shvedova vs Mayr-Achleitner
Qualifier vs Gonçalves
Qualifier vs (8) King
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #1736
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTA Rio, Main Draw:

(4) Cadantu vs Pereira
Shvedova vs Mayr-Achleitner
Qualifier vs Gonçalves
Qualifier vs (8) King
Shveda & Vania in the same section, this is gonna be tough for Alex!
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #1737
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Does Rio have streaming from Day 1 ?
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #1738
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Shveda & Vania in the same section, this is gonna be tough for Alex!
Include Princess Begu who is secured to draw Goncalves.

I can see Shvedova losing to Mayr-Achleitner, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Does Rio have streaming from Day 1 ?
I see what you did there.

It's a joint event and a 500 tournament on the men's side, so don't be surprised to not see any WTA coverage.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #1739
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Include Princess Begu who is secured to draw Goncalves.
I hope you're right on this prediction, that would be awesome. I'd love to see Alex & Irina play against each other one more time (hopefully with a different outcome than in Katowice )
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #1740
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see what you did there.

It's a joint event and a 500 tournament on the men's side, so don't be surprised to not see any WTA coverage.
But surely they have to put their highest ranked player (ATP included) on the main court
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote