Alexandra Cadantu - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 07:42 AM   #1711
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

No chance at all against a healthy Flavia and even against an injured one I wouldn't really fancy her chances. But then again Alexandra wouldn't be a favourite against any player in the draw right now.
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #1712
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
No chance at all against a healthy Flavia and even against an injured one I wouldn't really fancy her chances. But then again Alexandra wouldn't be a favourite against any player in the draw right now.
So true.

Besides I'd rather see her losing to Pennetta than Olivia Rogowska.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #1713
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Are you asking me why I don`t like Flavia ? Well, first of all, it was that lucky rain break in USO that gave her the win against Simona, and second, she never lost against romanian girls since 2008 when she was def. by Sorana. So she gives me the chills when I see her name next to one of my favorites. Then again, I`ve said I don`t hate anyone, and that include Flavia
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 02:36 AM   #1714
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Open 1st round: F. Pennetta def. A. Cadantu 6-0, 6-2 ...just, OMG
Sorana Cirstea, Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur, Victoria Azarenka, Eugenie Bouchard, Sabine Lisicki, Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Caroline Wozniacki, Na Li, Monica Niculescu, Petra Kvitova, Flavia Pennetta, Belinda Bencic, Irina-Camelia Begu, Lucie Safarova, Madison Keys, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic, Angelique Kerber, Elina Svitolina, Agnieszka Radwanska, Dominika Cibulkova, Venus Williams, Andrea Petkovic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Jan 13th, 2014 at 03:10 AM.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #1715
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Alex

stats suggests Flavia played pretty well today

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #1716

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Expected scoreline...
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:15 AM   #1717
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia blew mps for a 60 60 win, so 60 62 looks a bit better
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 05:42 AM   #1718
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
F. Pennetta def. A. Cadantu 6-0, 6-2
It`s not like I did not expect this lost ... Life goes on Alexandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
What ?
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 05:44 AM   #1719
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandra is definitely not fit.

The amount of DFs that have crept into her game is worrying to say the least. 11DFs against Rogowska in a 2 set match and today the same again. I can't remember when was the last time she finished a match with less than 5 DFs, although it doesn't seem to bother her that match when the ball is in play.

On the other hand it may also be some mental issue. She is still suffering from that match against Pova at the French Open of getting exposed like that even though this match wasn't streamed. It's as if she is cramping mentally when facing players she knows are much superior to her (her matches against Kvitova and Katowice or Kerber in Linz come to mind) where she played well below her level because her thoughts were not on court.

13 winners to 36 unforced errors is quite appalling to be honest

That said Flavia is of course the better player and deserved winner.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jan 13th, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #1720
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomenicDemaria View Post
Went to the match. Flavia was awesome today. Her forehand was crazy good today. It set up all her plays and she hit many great winners off it. The wrist didn't seen to bother her!

Cadantu was a mess and broke down in tears on the first match point. It seemed to throw Flavia off and I think the linesmen felt sorry for Cadantu as there were some questionable calls in that 0-5 game.

It was a great win and she should have a good run here with that form (and kvitova out).

If I have to be picky, the things she needs to improve is the first serve percentage and playing the break points better. All the bad points (and there wasn't many) were break points.
given the match report, I am sad it was not streamed

Alex

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #1721
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Duchess
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #1722
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

The loss was almost certain but I expected more games from Alex.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #1723
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

She hasn't played since AO. Where is she now? Is she trying to build some form?
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #1724

Hopefully practicing and getting ready to win her first match of the season.
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #1725
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverance. View Post
She hasn't played since AO. Where is she now? Is she trying to build some form?
Plays next week in Rio : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=642065 , on Clay ...........

Bizarre indeed that she didn't sign up for any other tournament after AO.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #139 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #80 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote