Alexandra Cadantu - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #151
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu (ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Yakimova is nr 61 WTA but she has only 3 victories over top 100 this year (one of them by retiring). How could it be possible?
She played one good tournament in Nassau and had two R1 wins at slams. Then, she is one of the most active girls on tour and is entering many challengers, also the very weak one in Ningbo. I guess that's enough!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #152
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiyan View Post
I have to say she looks really fit
Fitness must be the key factor for her success! She has played a lot of tournaments this year, but still was able to hold on without longer breaks. She also said in interviews that she and her coach were focusing on the fitness training at first to be able to keep up the performances for a longer time and therefore climbing up the rankings faster!
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #153
country flag Curcubeu

Now, the match will be streamed!

And I can't see it!
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #154
country flag Curcubeu

Lost to Hradecka 3-6 4-6

But a few days ago, I would have never thought she could reach the main draw here and she even showed on a surface she has barely had any experience that she can keep up with other Top 100 players (and in contrast to Hantuchova, she was even able to break Lucie's serve 4 times )!

I'm amazed to see her clay season next year!
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #155
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

that was an amazing week for her hope she can keep it going WTA needs some random GS QFinalist with underarm serve

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:23 PM   #156
country flag Curcubeu

A great report about our new vicious queen published in prosport.ro

Quote:
Alexandra Cadantu will become Romania's woman #6 in the WTA top 100 next week. The girl from Bucharest lost yesterday in the knockout tournament in Luxembourg, 3-6, 4-6 to Lucie Hradecka, but that performance ensures, among other things, her overtaking the famous Venus Williams in the global hierarchy. (Prosport )

Being ranked #104 in WTA earlier this week, Alexandra Cadantu earned her spot in the Luxembourg main draw, after three wins in qualifying. The series then continued with success against Anastasia Yakimova (Belarus), perhaps the most important of her career so far. The reason? The victory propelled her Cadantu among the best 100 players in the world, a novelty for the 21-year old youngster. "It's a very huge achievement for Alexandra, from three years ago to reach this dream. She basically started from nothing and became ended up in the Top hundred. A year and a half ago she was ranked around 700 in the world and played the $ 10,000 tournament at the Dinu Pescariu. Only a few players in the world made such a progress in that time, "told us coach Alexandra's coach Bogdan Popovici.

Azarenka style (*dead*)

The rise of Romanian woman has an explanation. "In the past two years, when we started working together, Alexandra underwent a major transformation, both in game and in mentality. Her defensive game turned into an aggressive, very powerful one. Then she steadily built up on this which could be seen in the results, "says Bogdan Popovici, who compares her to Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) in style of play. "She is even more aggressive than the ideology of the game," continued her coach.

Top 50 Next Level

According to the latest results, Alexandra Cadantu has opened new perspectives for 2012. At first she will have access to the main boards of several WTA tournaments, including the Grand Slams. Thus, the Australian Open in January 2012 will become her first appearamce on the main board of such a big event. And by finally entering the the world's first hundred the player demands further increase. "All players who get as far say that they would like to climb into the Top 50. It's great, If we could achieve this goal. I think that is a realistic goal," concluded Bogdan Popovici

Alexandra's strengths are nimblicity and resistance. She is in great physical shape. She has improved her power by superior training, "Alex Rusu, physical Coach of Alexandra Cadantu
GOAT

I love you Bogdan!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #157
country flag Curcubeu

#98 this week!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #158
country flag Curcubeu

ITF Barnstaple, Main Draw:

(5)Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v (LL)Maria Joao Koehler (POR)
Kathrin Woerle (GER) v (wc)Tara Moore (GBR)
(Q)Marta Domachowska (POL) v Olga Savchuk (UKR)
(4)Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) v Alison Riske (USA)

I love her draws as of late!
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #159
country flag Curcubeu

She had to retire against (LL)Koehler today!

I think it's nothing serious! She will be only tired after the long season!
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #160
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy some days off before working on the next season

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #161
country flag Curcubeu

GOAT interview in prosport!

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...oi-ani-8905295

I will translate it myself this weekend because google tranlator is sh*t in Romanian language!
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #162
country flag Curcubeu

Life is life, only with tennis! She is Alexandra Cadantu, the tennis player who climbed 600 places in the WTA rankings within two years!

Alexandra Cadantu is an example of an athlet with guts, who has sacrifed her entire childhood, who has wept and enjoyed throughout a winding road with ups and downs. Since 2009, the player, we just watches, has made an incredible achievement in that time span: Climbing up 600 places into WTA Top 100, more specifically up to #98, in the latest ranking released Monday. Modest and down to earth and with a well-defined plan for the future, Alexandra Cadantu explained to ProSport how she managed to break into the exclusive world as the first hundred of the WTA world.

When you have a look at the current WTA ranking and realize that you belong to the first hundred in the world. What feeling do you have?
A feeling of satisfaction. Firstly because it is a goal I achieved. Since I started playing professionally, I wanted to reach the first hundred of the world. At 16 I wrote on a piece of paper that I want to get to this point and put it on the wall. And now I have this desire fulfilled.

You entered the Top 100 at the age of 21 years. It's the result at the right time or could it have been sooner?
I think it could be sooner, but it's good it happened now. At 18 I was on the verge of giving up on tennis and I applied for a university in the United States. I didn't have the financial possibilities to play bigger tournaments, to go abroad, that was what happened at that time. My luck came after I won a $ 10,000 tournament at Dinu Pescariu, then I found a sponsor which supported me.

Thank you sponsor!

When have you taken the first step on a tennis court?
Immediately when I left hospital after I was born, I was on the tennis court (no - laugh!). My dad played tennis for pleasure, he is a fan of this sport, and he also took me to court. At the age of four years I started with a racket in my hand.

Do I understand correctly that you jumped over your childhood?
No, I was in kindergarten. I don'tt know how it is to play with children, like to go out. It is true that I lost my childhood, but now I feel fulfilled. I do what I hat to do and the results began to appear.

To be continued...
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #163
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting... another part coming up?
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #164
country flag Curcubeu

Yep, but I'm translating on my own because google translate just doesn't make sense at all and the interview is so interesting that it's already fun to talk about certain parts!
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #165
country flag Curcubeu

Where did you find that?