Alisa's Wonderland wonderful off-topic thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #1
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Alisa's Wonderland wonderful off-topic thread

Hi Alisa fans

In some other forums I visit there is off-topic thread so I thought it's good to have one at Alisa's forum.Despite its short life,it's already became one of my favourite forums here

So we can maybe start introducing ourselves.

My name is Veronika and I'm from Spain.I've been following women's tennis since 1989 or so.I started following Alisa a couple of years ago when I saw a livestream of her in one of the indoor tournaments (Antwerp maybe? I'm not sure),she lost against Justine but you could already see how good she was and was really curious about her and her development.I've only seen her live once,but what a great experience! that was last year when she defeated Venus in Madrid

I hope more people will join the conversation and think this is a good idea.You can post about anything you want here.Also feel free to suggest a better title for this thread not very original,I know

Old Mar 7th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #2
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alisa's Wonderland wonderful off-topic thread

Hello!

My name is Steven and I'm from the UK and I have been following tennis since 2007 or there or thereabouts. I became a fan of Alisa after she defeated the annoying one at the Australian Open last year

I saw Alisa play for the first time last month at the GDF Suez Open against Pennetta. I only stayed for the first set because I had been travelling to Paris overnight and by that time, I was absolutely exhausted and was in need of sleep but I will try and catch her at Wimbledon this year - really interested in seeing the Alisa/Fran doubles combo

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #3
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys!
My name is Nena and I'm from Serbia! I follow Alisa since AusOpen 2009. I was amazed how good she played. She had strong shoots, nice volleys and she was so persistent!

BTW, I follow tennis so long, cos my parents adored Monika Seles.

And I also love to visit this forum, especially cos it was my idea to give name Alisa Wonderland!
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #4
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

who's the annoying one,Steven?

I had never heard Nena as a name,I like it Monica Seles was my big fave in the 90s,I adored her like your parents.The day she was agressed I even cried

Where from Serbia and the UK are you guys from? I've never visited any of these 2 countries so far but I hope someday I will.I like to travel a lot.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #5
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Actually Nena is my nickname, cos it's easier for people to call me like that. My real name is Nevena.
I'm from Belgrade and I warmly recommend you to come in my country. I was once in Spain, in Madrid and it's so beautiful city.
And I love to travel, so I'm using every possible moment to travel!
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #6
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post
who's the annoying one,Steven?

I had never heard Nena as a name,I like it Monica Seles was my big fave in the 90s,I adored her like your parents.The day she was agressed I even cried

Where from Serbia and the UK are you guys from? I've never visited any of these 2 countries so far but I hope someday I will.I like to travel a lot.
Ivanovic

I live in Plymouth, which is in the south-west. It's not a particularly vibrant city but some of the surrounding countryside (Dartmoor National Park) is beautiful. I love London as well And even though I've never been, everyone tells me Edinburgh in Scotland is beautiful too

I've never been to Madrid although it's somewhere I would love to visit. I've been to Majorca twice, I went to Valencia two years ago and I'm almost certain I'm going to the Barcelona Ladies Open next month

Belgrade is on my list of places to visit, Nena

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #7
country flag Nena_xxx

You go in Barcelona next month? Wow, I'm jealous!
I wish if could go... But maybe next year!
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #8
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nena_xxx View Post
You go in Barcelona next month? Wow, I'm jealous!
I wish if could go... But maybe next year!
I hope so! But I wasn't sure I could go until a few days ago and the flights have really gone up in price.

Plus it's really weird because two of the airports which fly to Barcelona are actually about 100km away from Barcelona.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:

Last edited by nevetssllim : Mar 8th, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #9
country flag Nena_xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I hope so! But I wasn't sure I could go until a few days ago and the flights have really gone up in price.

Plus it's really weird because two of the airports which fly to Barcelona are actually about 100km away from Barcelona.
Really? I didn't know that airports are so far from Barcelona...
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #10
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

I think there are three airports but the cheap airlines (Easyjet, Ryanair) generally fly to the ones which are a really long way from Barcelona. I really hope I can get a cheap-ish flight though!

Where have you guys been travelling? I also love to travel I'm also going to Budapest this year as well

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #11
country flag Jodie

Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice thread!

My name is DaniŽlle and im from The Netherlands.. Am watchin tennis since 1990 or something..
Been followin Alisa since 2002..
And saw her play for the first time in 2003, at Roland Garros for Juniors.. She was playing Dubois (won) and Gojnea (lost).. And I was impressed, coz she was only 13..

And vero, it was Antwerp where she lost to Justine, and that was the 3rd time I saw her play live after RG2003..

I live in Amsterdam by the way

Friendship is when people know all about you
but like you anyway
Jodie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #12
country flag Bероника

I would love to travel to Uk and Serbia.To Serbia the problem is I like to travel with other people and unfortunately it's not easy to convince people to go there.

To UK,I have a cousine living there now (London) so maybe this year,maybe next one

Enjoy at Barcelona tournament,Steven.I was looking at the entry list the other day and there are some interesting players coming.I'll only go to Madrid,I can't go to that many tournaments so I chose Madrid over Barcelona or Marbella because more and better players are coming.
Talking about Barcelona,I saw today on tv it has snowed there,which is quite unusual.I loved Budapest (I visited it in 2004,time flies ).

Nena,I read not long ago there's a new tournament this year in Belgrade.Are you going?

I've traveled mostly in Europe:France,Belgium,Germany,Netherlands (that was last travel,to Amsterdam last september),Prague,Budapest,Slovenia,Venice and Russia.Outside Europe I've been 3 times to USA but all of them long ago (as I have some family there).But there are still a lot more places I would like to discover!
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #13
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

hi everybody
and Vero is also a globetrotter
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #14
country flag Nena_xxx

I realize that people sometimes do not want to come in my country, but once they do, they always want to come back. We have perfect night life, there is everything for everyone. And we are also known for our hospitality, so everyone who comes will not regret!

I know that there are two tournament for men, but none for women. Ana Ivanovic is working on getting ladies tournament here. There is Gemax open (ITF; big one) and Serbian Open. If you mean Serbian open, I will go. Safin will be there as a promoter so I have to go... BTW, Marat is my favorite tennis player!
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #15
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post
I would love to travel to Uk and Serbia.To Serbia the problem is I like to travel with other people and unfortunately it's not easy to convince people to go there.

To UK,I have a cousine living there now (London) so maybe this year,maybe next one

Enjoy at Barcelona tournament,Steven.I was looking at the entry list the other day and there are some interesting players coming.I'll only go to Madrid,I can't go to that many tournaments so I chose Madrid over Barcelona or Marbella because more and better players are coming.
Talking about Barcelona,I saw today on tv it has snowed there,which is quite unusual.I loved Budapest (I visited it in 2004,time flies ).

Nena,I read not long ago there's a new tournament this year in Belgrade.Are you going?

I've traveled mostly in Europe:France,Belgium,Germany,Netherlands (that was last travel,to Amsterdam last september),Prague,Budapest,Slovenia,Venice and Russia.Outside Europe I've been 3 times to USA but all of them long ago (as I have some family there).But there are still a lot more places I would like to discover!
I would love to go to Russia! Where have you been in Russia? I would love to go to Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote: