Ana's MIXED-DOUBLES - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 01:11 AM   #46
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's MIXED-DOUBLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
It's me who says that mixed-doubles should to be London OG/2012 priority for Ivanovic, not Ana, who never take that much seriously that competition - even not played in Wimbledon moth ago like most of other OG competitors. Without preparations Ana and Nenad needs weak opponent in first round, and unfortunatelly they draws literally two best teams in two opening rounds (India and Belarus), so no matter how they prepared for this event, with draw like this they are destined to not reach SF and fight for medals. And worst of all Zimonjic is forced to play today just half hour after frustrated lose with Tipsarevic where they failed to reach SF (orginally Ana and Nenad should to play yesterday right after Paes lose his doubles match), so everything goes wrong with this mixed-doubles episode. They not played together so long, so no cordinated teamwork and chemistry at start of this match, so Mirza and Paes broke Ana/Nenad 3 out of 4 first game serves, but since that moment till end of the match they not broke Serbian team (but it's too late for Ana and Nenad).

How important is draw in this case You can see in Murray/Robson case which will probably reach medal - but no doubt for me that Zimonjic/Ivanovic >>> Murray/Robson in mixed-doubles (also at least 6 others doubles from TOP half)!
Murray being able to return serve is already reason that Murray-Robson is better than Ana-Nenad. If male player is unable to return serve, even womans serve, like Nenad today, then there is no way to win against anyone.

Its true that they had bad luck though.. I'm still not sure they had any chance at a medal.. would actually have to win 3 matches.. and its hard to imagine that seeing how they played today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
On other hand Ana have no chances in singles at such competitive day-to-day event with current fitness, even if she played every round against McHalle or Baltacha she will lose first or second match where no more day pause between matches! On positive note, I must to say that Ana straight set lose vs Clijsters is actually Ana's 2nd best grasscourt match (level of game) since 2008 (hers win vs Stosur at Wimbledon 2009 is only better), which is good news before start of fast-hardcourt surface, which surprisely become Ana's best surface in ln last two seasons.
I actually agree with this.. says a lot about how bad Ana is on grass though that a match in which she could barely hit a single BH above the net was her second best grass performance since 2009.

Lets see what the rest of the year holds.. Ana definitely needs fast hardcourts to continue being her best surface.. needs a strong finish.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote