Ana's MIXED-DOUBLES - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #16
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's MIXED-DOUBLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Just realized she pulled out of doubles.
If she is not ready to play day-to-day in her own event, then she shouldn't enter two events. This is plain irresponsible IMO. Not fair to Ziki at all. And perhaps she should just let JJ play with him at the Olympics. Is JJ playing with Janko? I forget.
I think that at Olympic Wimbledon things will be quite opposite for Ana - mixed doubles will be (or should to be) priority for Ana, instead singles (unlike GS Wimby, OG is day-to-day)! But real problem is that now she miss opportunity for perfect preparation with Nenad at same courts where OG mixed doubles will be played. I guess they have agreement to play only if Ana is sheduled to play MON-WED-FRI(+SAT in Mix) during 1st week, or Ana simple canceled everything after realize that hers 1st week schedule because draw and hers rain first round problems will be actually worst possible scenario WED-THU-SATx2... so she decide to escape everything, and give Nenad opportunity to compete with his usual partner K.Srebotnik.

Anyway, Ana and Nenad still have some good shot there - after winning just two matches they will be in SF in battle for gold, silver and bronze.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2012, 07:01 AM   #17
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
I think that at Olympic Wimbledon things will be quite opposite for Ana - mixed doubles will be (or should to be) priority for Ana, instead singles (unlike GS Wimby, OG is day-to-day)! But real problem is that now she miss opportunity for perfect preparation with Nenad at same courts where OG mixed doubles will be played. I guess they have agreement to play only if Ana is sheduled to play MON-WED-FRI(+SAT in Mix) during 1st week, or Ana simple canceled everything after realize that hers 1st week schedule because draw and hers rain first round problems will be actually worst possible scenario WED-THU-SATx2... so she decide to escape everything, and give Nenad opportunity to compete with his usual partner K.Srebotnik.

Anyway, Ana and Nenad still have some good shot there - after winning just two matches they will be in SF in battle for gold, silver and bronze.
I wonder what makes you think that

Anyway, with all due respect to Ana and her decision makers :wink-wink:, I don't think that she is at all good at multitasking and/or prioritizing, especially multitasking involving physical activity, considering how shitty injury prone her body seems to be and how badly both her body and her mind gets overwhelmed with the size/importance of the task given.

There is nothing more that I would have liked a year ago than for Ana to have a legit shot at both events at the Olympics, but sorry I don't think she wanted it hard enough to make sure she can be ready and do her best in both.

In this instance, I don't think that she will be able to give her best at both events, especially since she isn't totally out of competition in the singles, and especially since she missed the last one. I just don't think that she will be able to treat her single Olympic performance as something subsidiary to the mixed doubles.

Meanwhile, Jelena has shown that she can bring her best in team events played for the country, and I really do believe that she would be pumped up to play the mixed doubles, having won Wimby once in that category, and I do think it would be best for her AND the country, because she will most likely lose early in singles and be free to commit to doubles AND if she does make any sort of decent result it would propell her in her own singles.
Ana has shown the tendency to ditch the doubles at the first oportunity, which I wouldn't have a problem with, except that it always tends to happen to Ziki, who I don't think deserves that at all, not to mention that this would be playing for the country flag as well, so this sort of nonchalance is really out of place here. I already don't particularly care for the way she stood Ziki up a couple of times, considering that he is as talented an probably even harder working guy than most of our tennis stars, he just happened to be born a couple of years too early, so his career was being shaped at the time when Serb sportsmen were not deemed desirable on the world's sport scene.

Last edited by JAS_ : Jul 1st, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #18
country flag Snex

Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute

She plays doubles with Ziki at Olympics.

http://www.b92.net/sport/london2012/...&nav_id=628831

Snex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 01:48 PM   #19
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Olympic Mixed Doubles Entry List Announced
July 31, 2012 By Tennis Panorama News

The ITF has announced the entry list for the Olympic mixed doubles competition that is scheduled to start on Wednesday, August 1, 2012. Thirty-five pairs from 26 countries signed up for the first Olympic mixed doubles competition as a full medal discipline since 1924, with the combined ranking cut-off for direct entry at 37. The top seeds are Victoria Azarenka and Max Miryni of Belarus, ranked No. 1 in women’s singles and men’s doubles respectively.

ITF Places were awarded to Andy Murray and Laura Robson of Great Britain; Lleyton Hewitt and Samantha Stosur of Australia; Mikhail Youzhny and Elena Vesnina of Russia; and Robert Lindstedt and Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden.

The draw for the Mixed Doubles will take place Tuesday on site at Wimbledon

Entry list

Argentina Gisela Dulko / Juan Martin del Potro
Australia Samantha Stosur / Lleyton Hewitt (ITF Place)
Belarus Victoria Azarenka / Max Mirnyi
Czech Republic Lucie Hradecka / Radek Stepanek
Germany Angelique Kerber / Philipp Petzschner; Sabine Lisicki / Christopher Kas
Great Britain Laura Robson / Andy Murray (ITF Place)
India Sania Mirza / Leander Paes
Italy Roberta Vinci / Daniele Bracciali; Sara Errani / Andreas Seppi
Poland Agnieszka Radwanska / Marcin Matkowski
Russia Elena Vesnina / Mikhail Youzhny (ITF Place)
Serbia Ana Ivanovic / Nenad Zimonjic
Sweden Sofia Arvidsson / Robert Lindstedt (ITF Place)
USA Lisa Raymond / Mike Bryan, Liezel Huber / Bob Bryan

Alternates

1. Spain Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez / Marcel Granollers
2. Romania Irina-Camelia Begu / Horia Tecau
3. Canada Aleksandra Wozniak / Daniel Nestor
4. Poland Klaudia Jans-Ignacik / Mariusz Fyrstenberg
http://www.tennispanorama.com/archiv...medium=twitter

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 02:46 PM   #20
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooooooooooo!

Ana and Nenad in 1st round will face TOP3 favorites Mirza/Paes and in 2nd #1 favorites Azarenka/Mirnyi

Worst possible draw to reach SF and fight for medal

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 03:04 PM   #21
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Really really tough draw..

1st Round
AZARENKA / MIRNYI (BLR) [1]

KERBER / PETZSCHNER (GER)
MIRZA / PAES (IND)

IVANOVIC / ZIMONJIC (SRB)
RAYMOND / BRYAN (USA) [3]

ERRANI / SEPPI (ITA)
DULKO / DEL POTRO (ARG)

VESNINA / YOUZHNY (RUS)
ROBSON / MURRAY (GBR)

HRADECKA / STEPANEK (CZE)
STOSUR / HEWITT (AUS)

RADWANSKA / MATKOWSKI (POL) [4]
ARVIDSSON / LINDSTEDT (SWE)

VINCI / BRACCIALI (ITA)
LISICKI / KAS (GER)

HUBER / BRYAN (USA) [2]

http://2012.itftennis.com/olympics/r...d-doubles.aspx

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 03:10 PM   #22
country flag gaviotabr

Life is funny...

Aga wasn't going to enter mixed doubles.. she only did it because she lost in the 1st round of singles. If she had not entered, Ana/Nenad would have been seeded in the mixed draw and would've definitely had a better draw.

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 03:15 PM   #23
country flag Cp6uja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Life is funny...

Aga wasn't going to enter mixed doubles.. she only did it because she lost in the 1st round of singles. If she had not entered, Ana/Nenad would have been seeded in the mixed draw and would've definitely had a better draw.
Nope... Mirza/Paes also have better combined rankings.

This draw is very fishy to me if we take look on Murray/Robson cakewalk case.

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 03:20 PM   #24
country flag JJ Expres

JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Life is funny...

the draw is rigged, so Ana/Nenad would've probably just replaced Aga/Matkowski since they are the weakest pair from the top 4 . I can't believe
JJ Expres is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 04:44 PM   #25
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Noooooooooooooo!

Ana and Nenad in 1st round will face TOP3 favorites Mirza/Paes and in 2nd #1 favorites Azarenka/Mirnyi

Worst possible draw to reach SF and fight for medal

LOL, too bad mixed doubles are her priority in the Olympics.

Ziki
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 04:50 PM   #26
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

JAS is evil.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 04:51 PM   #27
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Feel worse for Ziki because Ana probably doesn't care enough to give her full attention (afraid of injury probably ). They have no chance in the first round and I would rather focus on her match against Kim then worry about a long shot mixed doubles match that they won't win unless Ziki plays amazing and Ana actually puts 100 % and plays well. But hopefully they will have fun out there

On a side note: Ana will be playing Hopman Cup and will play mixed with Novak
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 05:02 PM   #28
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
JAS is evil.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 05:24 PM   #29
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
And now I saw you sig.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 07:18 PM   #30
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
And now I saw you sig.
You are going have to translate it for Izzy now.