2010-11 ITA Women's National Rankings - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:03 AM   #196
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all
Re: 2010-11 ITA Women's National Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Are you sure? I thought the selection committee could alter the seeding to avoid this.
Just look at last year's bracket. Second round matches:

Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt
USC vs. Cal
Michigan vs. Ohio State
UCLA vs. Arizona State
UVA vs. Duke

Then in the round of 16 you had

Baylor vs. Texas
UNC vs. Florida State
Ole Miss vs. Florida

Many more could have happened if first two rounds had gone differently.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:37 AM   #197
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Amal, I do hope if you play singles at Stanford, that you meet Allie
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:24 AM   #198
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Obviously the system has been screwy all year, but I especially don't get how Florida can move to number 1 without even playing another match since the last rankings...
I think FSU was the biggest reason why. The rankings are based on the previous weeks ranking. When the rankings came out last week, they were based on FSU being ranked 18. For these latest rankings, they were based on FSU being ranked 11.

It is definitely a screwy system, I wish they had something better. I am sure the committee will take head to head into account and seed accordingly. If Stanford isn't the overall #1, then that will be wrong. They have earned that distinction.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:45 AM   #199
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
I think FSU was the biggest reason why. The rankings are based on the previous weeks ranking. When the rankings came out last week, they were based on FSU being ranked 18. For these latest rankings, they were based on FSU being ranked 11.
Good thinking. This is probably the reason why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
It is definitely a screwy system, I wish they had something better. I am sure the committee will take head to head into account and seed accordingly. If Stanford isn't the overall #1, then that will be wrong. They have earned that distinction.
I think I am more upset about this because the NCAA's are being hosted at Stanford. If they were elsewhere then I think I would be less upset. But they have earned the #1 ranking and I feel they are being slighted by playing as the #2 seed on their home court.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:31 AM   #200
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

The most concerned would not be Stanford even if they're seeded 2nd tomorrow..

It should be the teams that face #2 seed at Stanford

as per Amal's virtual bracket;

(4) North Carolina
(13) University of Tennessee

(3) Duke University
(14) Northwestern University

(6) UCLA
(11) University of Virginia

(7) Baylor University
(10) University of Michigan

(2) Stanford University
(15) Clemson University

Those teams would be devastated
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #201
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Final rankings are up
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #202
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole Gibbs STILL not in the top 10. I don't care if she played 3/4 the whole year. She was rock solid and performed in the big tournaments, beating many of the girls ahead of her.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #203
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Nicole Gibbs STILL not in the top 10. I don't care if she played 3/4 the whole year. She was rock solid and performed in the big tournaments, beating many of the girls ahead of her.
She will have a preseason ranking of No. 6 or No. 7 in the fall.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 03:52 AM   #204
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
She will have a preseason ranking of No. 6 or No. 7 in the fall.
That's good. She and Kristie should be 1 and 2 for sure. Mal at 3. Tan at 4. Tsay at 5. Even deeper than last year

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #205
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Huh? How can that be 'even deeper'? Barte is a proven champion. Tsay is a great player, no
doubt, but still a freshman We'll have to see how Riviera goes I think
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:37 AM   #206
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Huh? How can that be 'even deeper'? Barte is a proven champion. Tsay is a great player, no
doubt, but still a freshman We'll have to see how Riviera goes I think
Yeah, a trade of Barte, McVeigh and Yen for Tsay does not make the team deeper. But if we include a healthy Ahn, and that Tsay plays strong, that is a deep team.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #207
country flag fantic

yeah, don't think there's big difference between McVeigh and Li either, so STAN is still strong,
no doubt about that..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #208
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
yeah, don't think there's big difference between McVeigh and Li either, so STAN is still strong,
no doubt about that..
Can you draw the picture of your team with all its new recruits? What lineup are you expecting? But maybe I should ask that in the PAC-10 thread.
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #209
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
no doubt about that..
But having both McVeigh and Li available when Ahn was injured did make the team deeper.
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #210
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
But having both McVeigh and Li available when Ahn was injured did make the team deeper.
no doubt, no doubt.

and Florida has no one graduating, so~~~~
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles