~!~Monika Wejnert~!~ - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #1
country flag Sammy 4 eva!!!
GA GA OOH LA LA.

Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute
~!~Monika Wejnert~!~

Monika is a talented Aussie up and Comer!!!! She is 14 years of age and i believe is a big prospect here are some facts about her!!!

About Me:
My name is Monika Wejnert. I was born in Australia and I started playing tennis when I was 5 years old. I play everyday and go to many tournaments. I have also won most of the tournaments that I have attended. last year I played at 4 national tournaments (14 and under). I won all of them. the reason why I want a sponsor is to be able to play tenns overseas and to get better training. I also represented Australia in New Zealand and i won most of my matches there.

Here is a pic!!!

My Goals
To one day win a grand slam tournament.

My Highlights
These are my most important tournament wins but i have also won many more 1st place 12 and under Shell N.S.W Age Championships 2003 1st place 14 and under Rod Laver Queensland Junior Championships 2004 1st place 14 and under Queensland State Championships 2004 1st place 14 and under Ashley Cooper Tennis Classic 2005 2nd place 14 and under Bundaberg Age Championships 2005 2nd place 14 and under Volkl Gold Coast Championships 2005

Monika recently one the 2007 Queensland Claycourt Championships AMT beating Cook in the final!!! Great result for her!!! It will be interesting to see how she goes!!!

If she plays at the Caboolture AMT Then i will go and watcha nd get some facts for evryone!!!

◊ Casey Dellacqua ◊ Olivia Rogowska ◊ Monika Wejnert ◊ Jelena Dokic ◊
◊ Laura Robson ◊ Sabine Lisicki ◊ Timea Bacsinszky ◊ Dinara Safina ◊
Sammy 4 eva!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #2
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~!~Monika Wejnert~!~

she should play ITF Quallies in Australia see how good she is.
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #3
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza View Post
she should play ITF Quallies in Australia see how good she is.
The unfortunate fact is that Monika hasn't got enough financial support to travel interstate and compete in bigger events. Hopefully if she sweeps the QLD Claycourt Circuit, she will get some good money and attract some sponsors...

Other than that, I sent an email to TA asking why Monika isn't in any development programs. The reply stated that she doesn't reach any NHPA criteria. I then argued that TA should provide funding, or at least get some sponsors to help her out, the answer came that TA doesn't provide financial support, and no mention of sponsorships was made.

So I ask you, how is a girl as talented as Monika, supposed to reach her potential when TA and TQ provide her with little assistance

PS. Monika has a consistent serve, aggressive, consistent groundstokes, moves with real speed and has an unbreakable self belief and mental toughness...will be watching her at Gympie AMT this week

GO MONIKA
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #4
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for starting this thread sammy 4 eva!!! And Monika is playing the Caboolture AMT...
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #5
country flag Sammy 4 eva!!!
GA GA OOH LA LA.

Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Thanks for starting this thread sammy 4 eva!!! And Monika is playing the Caboolture AMT...
Yes i will get to see her!!! Do u have to pay to go to Amt??

◊ Casey Dellacqua ◊ Olivia Rogowska ◊ Monika Wejnert ◊ Jelena Dokic ◊
◊ Laura Robson ◊ Sabine Lisicki ◊ Timea Bacsinszky ◊ Dinara Safina ◊
Sammy 4 eva!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:44 AM   #6
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy 4 eva!!! View Post
Yes i will get to see her!!! Do u have to pay to go to Amt??
no
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #7
country flag OZTENNIS

I saw Monika play on the weekend at the Gympie AMT. She won her 2nd Rd match against Natalie Petaia, 8-1 before squeezing past Harriet Sheahan 9-8(1). In the quarter final against No.2 seed Jessica Schaer, Monika stuggled a little and lost 8-5. Due to wet weather, all matches were shortened to a pro set in the lead up to the final. Monika seemed a little lethargic considering her brilliant win in Bundaberg last week. She was still impressive with an improving first serve and aggressive ground strokes, although she doesn't have the usual flowing technique. She thinks really well and moves good compared to some of the other prima donas that played!
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #8
country flag OZTENNIS

$US10 000 Khonkan ITF Women's Circuit Event - Khonkan, Thailand

Qualifying Draw of 32
1st Rd: (4) Min-Hwa Yoo (KOR) def. Monika Wejnert (AUS) 6-1, 6-4

-----
A good effort considering Yoo went on to beat the 13th seed 3 & 2 to qualify for the main draw.

Monika has also entered in another two 10k events in Thailand over the next fortnight, another in Khonkan and one in Bangkok. She is currently on the alternate list for both, and may not make quallies.

Thumbs up for Monika getting out there and having a go at the seniors.
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM   #9
country flag OZTENNIS

Unfortunately Monika was unable to scrape into the quallies of any other Thai events, but she recently won the Hope Island AMT as the No.6 seed...a great effort considering she's only 15yrs 4months old. This week she plays the Caloundra AMT and the following week will play in the Kawana AMT. Hopefully TA sit up and take notice of the girl...she's got the talent and determination to succeed
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #10
country flag OZTENNIS

Bump!

I;ve decided to post in this thread to tell you all how Monika is going to take the country by storm over the next few months.

After Monika's brief foray onto the Challenger circuit, she will make her debut on the ITF Junior Circuit in Perth later this month. In a field which includes the likes of Cuthbertson, Sheed, Rich and Sheahan, I expect Monika to win without too much fuss.

From there she has entered in the 18s nationals, where she might get a main draw wildcard. If she doesn't, she will be a strong chance to qualify and push some of the other girls in the main draw.

Then she will play the 16s Nationals. When she wins this, she will be given wildcards into the main draws of the Traralgon, Nottinghill and Australian open Junior Events...much deserved IMO

And then, the opportunities will finally come her way

GOOD LUCK
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #11
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Excellent reporting OZTENNIS. I wish Monika every success!
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 01:16 AM   #12
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen Monika play twice now. She is a complete diva. She has a good game though. Anyone know whether her parents are from a different country? I'm pretty sure when her father/coach was talking *cough*coaching*cough* from the sidelines that he wasn't speaking in english.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #13
country flag OZTENNIS

Nah, Monika was getting ripped off big time by that girl at Gympie in quallies.

Her parents are from Eastern Europe (maybe Hungary)...and I know that her father can be pushy.

But to be honest, that is why a lot of the Eastern European nations have produced so many good players in recent times. Plenty of Aussie girls are too weak mentally and don't practise hard enough. Monika is 100% focussed every time she is on the court and she has had to work very hard to get to where she is at the moment because she has had little, if any, help from TQ.

I remember some people saying when Monika was 10 that she would get overtaken by all the other girls of her age because they supposedly had superior technical ability. But none of the girls have Monika's fighting qualities and she is a much better mover. This, coupled with her better serving, has seen her extend the gap between all of the 15 year olds in Australia, expect for Isabella.

I think that she is one of our better hopes for the future...
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #14
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this whole thread is so depressing. I can't believe someone who is so obviously talented is receiving no help from Tennis Australia
All the best Monika, I hope you make it big.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:49 AM   #15
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I'm curious as to why Monika doesn't meet TA's criteria for assistance. Can anyone provide any input on this?
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote