2011 Kim news/articles - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #196
country flag kitb
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2011 Kim news/articles

Yep!
Kim has just been crowned Belgian 'Sportswoman of the Year' for the 8th time!

kitb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #197
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Clijsters: I'll 'try and be the best Kim I can'
Ticker - Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Kim Clijsters tells the Courier-Mail that she is not looking ahead to the 2012 Olympics, which could be her last event as a professional. "I'm defending my [Australian Open] title in a couple of weeks and so that's a big deal for me as well. My next focus is Brisbane and that's what I'm training for. That's why I came here (before Christmas) to be ready to try and be the best Kim I can when I play my first match here," she said.

Clijsters, who suffered a series of injuries in 2011, says that she changed her training routine. "Because of those injuries I've been able to change up the way that I work with my trainer, with my coach," said the Belgian, who will open her season next week in Brisbane. "With my trainer I've been working a bit more towards the prevention of it all. Physically I feel really good and it's a matter of keeping that level."

Other quotes:
"I'm really looking forward to coming back to Brisbane in 2012. The last time I was there I played extremely well. The final against Justine was a big match. We were extremely focused and set the bar pretty high. I was so excited to win that match and am hoping to get that kind of preparation again. Having won Brisbane in 2010 and then the Australian Open in 2011, I'm looking forward to getting back to Australia to defend both my titles."
"Melbourne was a dream come true. It'll be nice to go back there and relive some of those emotions and try to do well there again."
"I don't think about it [retirement] at all. I push myself hard at every practice. That's the motivation I have to achieve that little extra."
"It would mean a lot obviously," Clijsters said of keeping her unbeaten Brisbane record. "Just one step at a time with my first-round match on Sunday."

Thank You, Kim

Last edited by Robert-KimClijst : Dec 29th, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #198
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

kim has been very coy about retirement talk in the press this week. personally i think she is still very hungry for tennis and to achieve. the olympics is a big goal but i feel if she gets to the olympics this year having played 8 or 9 tournaments, been healthy all year and playing well she will carry on.

if she gets to the olympics and it is a token effort as she has been injured half this year or carrying an injury i think she will hang up her racket.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #199
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

She's said several times she's thinking about playing the US Open too, so I agree that she's still hungry. I just pray to God that she won't suffer any serious injuries, cuz that could indeed be the deciding factor for retirement.

Clijsters|Pavlyuchenkova|Kvitova|Azarenka

borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM   #200
country flag Chachou

Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold

A few days before leaving for Australia, Brian (Lynch) gave a small interview with a Belgian journalist. He talks about his career as a basketball coach, coach he will be full time when Kim will stop. "I promised to support her through and I respect that commitment, but once her career is over, it will be my turn to be the focus of our professional concerns."
"I took the only logical option because the family is what matters most to me. It would have been unbearable that I continue to play basketball in Belgium while Kim roamed the continents, from me and probably her daughter. She would also inevitably cracked."

He also spoke of Kim, Kim will certainly be at the US Open (although nothing is decided after the Olympics). But after London, they will think seriously about a little brother or sister to Jada! "Without tennis, we would already have two children, but no regrets."