Jarmila Gajdosova Cheering Thread! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #46
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jarmila Groth's Australian Summer Season

Hmm...must have been a hawkeye challenge because it's 30-15 now
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #47
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing first set from Jarka after getting off to a good start. 3-6

In the second set she needs to get a higher percentage of first serves into play because she is having next to no luck on the second ball (3/11 or 29%)

Petkovic serving well with 70% of first serves into play and 4 aces
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #48
country flag OZTENNIS

From 40-0 to deuce in this opening service game of Set 2. Must hold.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #49
country flag OZTENNIS

GP hold!
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #50
country flag OZTENNIS

And she does, holds and leads 1-0, second set
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #51
country flag OZTENNIS

3-6 3-5 now. Hopefully she can hold serve here and then apply some pressure in the next game
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #52
country flag OZTENNIS

Holds to love and will now have to break to stay in the match.

Carn Jarka
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #53
country flag OZTENNIS

Unfortunately Jarka went down 6-3, 6-4.

Hopefully she can now have a good run in Hobart
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #54
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

GL in Hobart

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #55
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Sad she lost but great start of the season anyway
Good luck in Hobart
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #56
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

I think Jarka has put too much pressure on herself to do well in front of her home crowd.

Quote:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...06/3107951.htm
Groth falls short of semis

Two on-court arguments with her husband further fuelled Jarmila Groth's frustrations as the last Australian woman crashed out of the Brisbane International on Thursday night.

Hoping to book a semi-final berth at Pat Rafter Arena, Groth fell 6-3, 6-4 to German Andrea Petkovic in a major disappointment to the home crowd.

The hard-hitting Melbourne baseliner could not reproduce the fireworks that blasted top seed Samantha Stosur off the court in the second round in the cool and heavy conditions on a wet day.

Groth continued to play her shots but often clipped the tape of the net or overhit while world number 32 Petkovic played an all-round smarter game.

After giving up an early break to lose the last three games of the first set, the 23-year-old called for coaching advice from husband and hitting partner Sam, who plays on the men's tour.

Despite her disagreement, Sam urged his wife to make Petkovic run to her forehand.

After the German broke in the fifth game of the second set, Groth, who is coached by Gavin Hopper, called her husband back on the court and gave him a serve after he reiterated the same advice.

"Are you watching this," she barked before reacting when he explained the ball was heavy in the cold.

"Don't talk to me like a (expletive) tourist," she said.

As he retreated to the stands, an annoyed Sam urged: "Give her something different to hit, give her a different ball to hit. Come on Jarks."

But Groth failed to make the most of tiny opportunities on Petkovic's serve and failed to gain the break back to stay in the quarter-final.

Groth praised Petkovic's game but admitted she struggled badly with the heavy conditions, prompting her to let her frustrations out at her husband.

"I guess you have to get angry at someone and I couldn't break any racquets because I just got them," she said.

"He always knows I didn't mean it.

"As frustrated as I was to try and figure out what I needed to do different I technically couldn't.

"Today it just wasn't working."

Groth said her husband had taken over the on-court coaching duties with Hopper not on the ground in Brisbane.

"He just told me pretty much exactly what I was doing wrong," she said.

"He was trying to be supportive.

"In parts I got really frustrated with myself because the idea I had in my head I couldn't put in on court and it was pretty hard."

Petkovic will now meet French fourth seed Marion Bartoli in Friday night's semi-final.

On the other side of the draw, Czech Petra Kvitova defeated Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova 6-0, 6-4 to book her semi-final spot.

Kvitova will play Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova who took down Lucie Safarova 6-2, 6-7(4-7), 6-3.
She tweeted this after her match.

Jarka_Groth Jarmila Groth
When you down nothing helps more like media,newspaper,tv and all headlines kick you even lower!I made headlines when I lose not when I win!!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #57
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

watvched the match, JArka needs to stop bashing the ball every single time, and stop getting so negative

GL in Hobart
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #58
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Jarka

She gets so emotional and thats a problem for her. I mean its good when everything is going her way but once she gets down its really hard for her to get back up. If she can learn to control that she'll be all the better for it.

Hope she can do some damage in Hobart!
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #59
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

(1)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v Dinara Safina (RUS)
Arantxa Parra Santonja (ESP) v Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Qualifier v Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
Melanie Oudin (USA) v (5)Klara Zakopalova (CZE)

(4)Roberta Vinci (ITA) v Romina Oprandi (ITA)
Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) v Elena Baltacha (GBR)
Qualifier v (wc)Olivia Rogowska (AUS)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v (6)Jarmila Groth (AUS)

(7)Sara Errani (ITA) v Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
(wc)Alicia Molik (AUS) v Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
Qualifier v (wc)Sally Peers (AUS)
Shuai Peng (CHN) v (3)Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL)

(8)Angelique Kerber (GER) v Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN)
Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS) v Qualifier
Ayumi Morita (JPN) v Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB)
Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) v (2)Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)

and okay draw i guess, maybe a SF run
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #60
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Go Jarka!
Good section of the draw.
I think her outburst goes to show just how Australian she is.
Dropping some F-bombs, I thought her line about "Don't talk to me like a (expletive) tourist" was something an Aussie would say!
Has me in stitches lol.
Heat of the moment, ur partner, not ur coach by your side. Of course the emotions would take over.
You can back chat ur partner, but you wouldn't back chat ur tennis coach/driving instructor etc.
That is why Jarka expressed herself like that.
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote