"Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:11 PM   #1426
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Ask the board" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
I know this doesn't really apply for a while, but I have been wondering about this. I will reach the 3 month mark in the middle of Miami. Am I allowed to play Miami or will I have to wait?
you will have to wait

You will be eligible to play TT with the beginning of week #14.
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM   #1427
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
you will have to wait

You will be eligible to play TT with the beginning of week #14.
Oh well. Thanks for responding so fast.
Tennis Tipping: CH: 29 Current: 30 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 22 Current: 24 Champion: 2013 Birmingham
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 104 Current: 117 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1428
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
In that case, I would 'adapt' the WTF rankings layout to the Entry List Maker, but that would take a long time to develop...
I'll add the MTF format to the spreadsheet. Not sure when but I'll try to do it as fast as possible.

But again Do you only need the ranking and the name or do you also need the points etc. for the EL Maker?
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #1429
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

If neither player sends picks, is the match decided by

a) use countback (since everything is tied)
b) give their following opponent a bye in the next round
c) allow the best loser to progress to the next round
d) something else?
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson| Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Schoofs
Håkon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #1430
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

a)
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1431
country flag sfar

sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'll add the MTF format to the spreadsheet. Not sure when but I'll try to do it as fast as possible.

But again Do you only need the ranking and the name or do you also need the points etc. for the EL Maker?
Frederik, I didn't forget about this, but I haven't opened my home laptop since last week, so I couldn't check it.

I should make some tests in order to see what I need. I do know I'm also using points to be shown in the generated entry list, so I think that's a requirement. Not sure about the 16th and 17th tournament though...
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1432
country flag Frederik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Frederik, I didn't forget about this, but I haven't opened my home laptop since last week, so I couldn't check it.

I should make some tests in order to see what I need. I do know I'm also using points to be shown in the generated entry list, so I think that's a requirement. Not sure about the 16th and 17th tournament though...
Okay. Take your time.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1433
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

" i think it would be foolish to have a big election of people right now since things have already been destabilised enough by two board members quitting and two new ones having to be elected. "

If Michi, Andelko or Adrian were rookies then I would say you are right. Now all I can say that you desparately want to prevent a voting. "Try not to get worried ..."
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1434
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
" i think it would be foolish to have a big election of people right now since things have already been destabilised enough by two board members quitting and two new ones having to be elected. "

If Michi, Andelko or Adrian were rookies then I would say you are right. Now all I can say that you desparately want to prevent a voting. "Try not to get worried ..."
oh they aren't rookies, but if there was a situation where the 5 of us (me, meelis, joe, itz and ondrej) all left and our positions were all taken by people who were new to that aprticular job, then it could cause some teething problems.
the fact of the matter is that i heard some people complain about ondrej and itz and question their roles (however unjustly i might think that, some people did complain) but i haven't heard any real complaints made about myself, meelis or joe.

and there is nothing desperate about it

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #1435
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not complaining about You, Meelis and Joe. And I did not like the way Ondrej was treated. All I am saying that most of you were elected 5 years ago in different circumstances by mostly different people. My opinion is that all Board members should be remeasured/reinforced/reelected periodocally. You probably disagree but the best solution now would be to make an open election for the remaining 4 board position (maybe 3, I dont know when Joe was chosen). I dont have any doubt that the current board members have a good chance to keep position, but after an election nobody could complain like in case of ITZ.
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1436
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
I am not complaining about You, Meelis and Joe. And I did not like the way Ondrej was treated. All I am saying that most of you were elected 5 years ago in different circumstances by mostly different people. My opinion is that all Board members should be remeasured/reinforced/reelected periodocally. You probably disagree but the best solution now would be to make an open election for the remaining 4 board position (maybe 3, I dont know when Joe was chosen). I dont have any doubt that the current board members have a good chance to keep position, but after an election nobody could complain like in case of ITZ.
your opinion is noted.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1437
country flag Chris 84

vote for new tt board member

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=490449

MY TWITTER
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1438
country flag Extremaduratenis

Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold

Just a question, a "death match" count for TT Fed Cup? Thanks in advance

Singles titles (5): 2009 Madrid, 2010 Eastbourne, 2011 Charleston, 2011 Bastad, 2012 Indian Wells.

Doubles titles (9): 2010 Australian Open (w/Sdtoot), 2010 US Open (w/Sdtoot), 2011 Dubai (w/Sdtoot), 2011 US Open (w/Sdtoot), 2011 Tokyo (w/Sdtoot), 2012 Estoril (w/Sdtoot), 2012 New Haven (w/Sdtoot), 2012 Bali TOC (w/Sdtoot), 2013 Auckland (w/KittyTennis).
Extremaduratenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1439
country flag sfar

sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Okay. Take your time.
Got it!!

You have to change this:

Code:
001 (001) joe87............... AUT 5612 .49 ..80 ...1
002 (002) xieergai............ CHN 4662 .36 ..22 ...1
003 (003) Chris 84............ SLO 4545 .42 ..40 .125
004 (004) Michael!............ GER 3830 .46 ..80 ...1
005 (005) Nicolas............. FRA 3787 .31 ..30 .650
to this:

Code:
001 (001) joe87(AUT)...............5612 .49 ..80 ...1
002 (002) xieergai(CHN)............4662 .36 ..22 ...1
003 (003) Chris 84(SLO)............4545 .42 ..40 .125
004 (004) Michael!(GER)............3830 .46 ..80 ...1
005 (005) Nicolas(FRA).............3787 .31 ..30 .650
Even this would work:

Code:
001 (001) joe87(AUT)...............5612 .49 
002 (002) xieergai(CHN)............4662 .36 
003 (003) Chris 84(SLO)............4545 .42 
004 (004) Michael!(GER)............3830 .46 
005 (005) Nicolas(FRA).............3787 .31
In this last example take in account that there is a space behind the last number.

Check if it is difficult to change the rankings output and tell me something.
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #1440
country flag Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremaduratenis View Post
Just a question, a "death match" count for TT Fed Cup? Thanks in advance
i'm unsure tbh.
i'd expect so, but not 100% sure.

MY TWITTER