"Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:01 PM   #61
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Ask the board" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeisukeHonda View Post
So what am I supposed to do now?

I think that I have to change the results if that's an "official" statement.

I'm in no position to make official statements. Just giving my opinion.

Official statement should be made by Chris 84, Meelis, Sexysova, joe87 and In The Zone who form TT board!
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM   #62
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Chris 84 said that it wasn't crazylace01's fault but I don't really think that my deadline was irregular.

Like you said, the rule is kind of conflicting.

Quote:
Deadline for Picks - Set by manager, time of first match. No more of "first point played." Makes it easier for everyone involved.
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM   #63
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

i'll send a pm to the other board members.
i will also reccommend that we choose a new deadline. either it is when the matches are schduled to start, or the manager has complete discretion. we will add that to the rules thread when we make a decision.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:36 PM   #64
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

ok. thanks

Just tell me what to do when you PM'ed the other members
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:38 PM   #65
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chris 84 said that it wasn't crazylace01's fault but I don't really think that my deadline was irregular.

Like you said, the rule is kind of conflicting.
The OOP for Rome was up 13 hours before the dealine of the tournament. Everyone had plenty of time to send their picks.
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:38 PM   #66
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ok. thanks
if this isn't resolved tonight, then go with what i said and lacey's picks count. the rules will be changed asap so that this situation does not occur again.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:46 PM   #67
country flag Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
Ok this is not right. If the OOP is posted and the dealine is before the actual matches start. Then that is what matters. You can not accept any further PM's from players who haven't respected the managers deadline.

Once the diffs are posted, it's unreal that somebody can still post their diffs for that particular round. Yes you don't see how your opponent picked but you see what the majority picked and make your picks on that.

Also I think it puts the manager in a really bad position having to be forced to post the diffs on time even if they're not available at that time. It's difficult enough to run a tournament, because players don't respect the rules on how to send in their picks and organizing everything from scratch, now we get screwed with the deadline?? I have never heard anyone complain about the deadline before when it has been before the first match starts. Everyone has accepted that and respected the time. I am sorry that Lacey sent after the deadline, but those should not have been counted.
maybe nobody has complained about it before, but imo, as the rules stand, they state that although the deadline is set by the manager, it must be the time of the first match.
and managers aren't getting screwed in any way. it is not compulsory to post diffs, and if a manager cannot do it, then everyone has to respect that. we have tried to make it so that the tournaments suit the managers based on the timezones, but that is not always possible.

keisuke did nothing wrong in trying to make an early deadline in order to post diffs. it is something plenty of managers have done in the past, and is something which is appreciated by players if it allows diffs to be shown early. i'm simply reading the rules as they are written. is it a bad rule? maybe. but imo, the rule says that the deadline is at the time play is scheduled to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
The OOP for Rome was up 13 hours before the dealine of the tournament. Everyone had plenty of time to send their picks.
yes, they did, but that isn't the point

MY TWITTER
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:47 PM   #68
country flag Bennguin1491
A new star is rising...

Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute

Either way I respect whatever decision is made. I simply forgot to send, no excuses about it.

But I do believe that the deadline needs to be set for when matches start. Not that I'm accusing anyone of doing this, but who's to say how much a manager can mess with the deadline? If play starts at 10am and I set a deadline for 6am just because I won't be around at 10, that could be seen as giving a shorter deadline to my opponents (if I'm playing) to give myself an advantage. As a player and an occasional manager, I'd rather have diffs LATE and be able to send up to the start of play than have diffs early and not have the full time to send.

Plus, not to mention, what if someone were to just look at the official OOP and base their picking on that? I'd always understood the rule to be that the deadline was when play started, so if I were referencing that rule I'd be late too, even though I technically wasn't.

we'll be counting s t a r s
benny.segs.toaster.rouster.nacho
Bennguin1491 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:05 PM   #69
country flag Kylger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
maybe nobody has complained about it before, but imo, as the rules stand, they state that although the deadline is set by the manager, it must be the time of the first match.
and managers aren't getting screwed in any way. it is not compulsory to post diffs, and if a manager cannot do it, then everyone has to respect that. we have tried to make it so that the tournaments suit the managers based on the timezones, but that is not always possible.

keisuke did nothing wrong in trying to make an early deadline in order to post diffs. it is something plenty of managers have done in the past, and is something which is appreciated by players if it allows diffs to be shown early. i'm simply reading the rules as they are written. is it a bad rule? maybe. but imo, the rule says that the deadline is at the time play is scheduled to start.

as stated previously, the rule is conflicting.

There is no must on the rule and being separated by a comma it gives you 2 options

Matter of interpretation.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM   #70
country flag Chris 84

well whatever, im glad that extremaduratenis and crazylace are good sports about it and will accept either decision.

MY TWITTER
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #71
country flag Extremaduratenis

Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold

Well, I have sent picks yet, you will tell us
Extremaduratenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:46 PM   #72
country flag Chris 84

nobody has replied to my pm yet, and i have to go offline. send your picks, but whether they are counted or not depends on the opinion of the other board members. sorry for all the confusion.

MY TWITTER
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #73
country flag Extremaduratenis

Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold

Any news? Sexysova told to me by P.M. but don't know about the rest of the Board....
Extremaduratenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #74
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

Can you post what Sexysova said in the PM? I'm tired of this fruitless chit-chat, and it would be nice to know who I'm playing against before the final day
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #75
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post

Chris, I agree with your interpretation of the current rules, but in this particular case, the manager had already posted the diffs at the deadline time stated in the OOP, so how can late picks be accepted because Lacey could have gained an unfair advantange by seeing the picks of other players?

Yes, there is an issue to resolve with the wording of the rules, but the board has to look at this case on its own merit and decide whether one player could have gained an advantage by sending picks after the diffs have been posted. If the board think that an unfair advantage could have been gained in this particular case, then the picks cannot be accepted IMOH.
sdtoot is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote