"Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM   #46
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Ask the board" thread!

Um, this might be a stupid question How do i get a ranking for tennis tipping?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2011, 09:36 PM   #47
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: "Ask the board" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post
In this thread you can ask the board whatever you want, of course, Tennis Tipping related.
How do i get a ranking?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM   #48
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterLover View Post
Um, this might be a stupid question How do i get a ranking for tennis tipping?
TT is exactly the same as the real WTA/ITF circuit. You earn ranking points by playing different tournaments within the 52 weeks.

You will be able to see all tournaments we have under managers thread.

You do need to be a member of TF for minimum 3 months and have atleast 100 posts by then.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:47 PM   #49
country flag Extremaduratenis

Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold

Just to know, today I was playing an ITF semifinal. My opponent sent picks after deadline. But the manager said the picks were OK because matches hasn't started yet, despite being after deadline. Finally I lost the match. I don't know how to tell in English, but is it legal?
Thanks in advance
Extremaduratenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:56 PM   #50
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremaduratenis View Post
Just to know, today I was playing an ITF semifinal. My opponent sent picks after deadline. But the manager said the picks were OK because matches hasn't started yet, despite being after deadline. Finally I lost the match. I don't know how to tell in English, but is it legal?
Thanks in advance
I looked at the thread.

I think it is fair that crazylace's picks were accepted even though they were after the deadline. The rule is that the deadline should be at the time when the matches are due to start and the manager didn't do that, and made the deadline earlier.

IMO the manager gave the wrong deadline, and it wasn't crazylace's fault that she sent picks after that deadline.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:08 PM   #51
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremaduratenis View Post
Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
I looked at the thread.

I think it is fair that crazylace's picks were accepted even though they were after the deadline. The rule is that the deadline should be at the time when the matches are due to start and the manager didn't do that, and made the deadline earlier.

IMO the manager gave the wrong deadline, and it wasn't crazylace's fault that she sent picks after that deadline.
To be honest the rule for deadline is a bit conflicting.

Quote:
Deadline for Picks - Set by manager, time of first match. No more of "first point played." Makes it easier for everyone involved.
It has been done previously that the deadline has been earlier than the actual start of the first match. With the Aussie tournaments especially. Mostly due to the fact that the manager cn't post the diffs on the correct time due to time differences.

I think the manager still should have the right to say when the deadline is.
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM   #52

Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold

Well, it is not so important, just an ITF. But if Crazylace picks are OK I don't want to be eliminated in next tournament where I send picks before first match started. I have lost twice sending picks before first match started. We need a clearer rule
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM   #53
country flag Lord Sneeze

Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future

I think in this case it is a little bit more unclear because the deadline was set 2 hours before the first match was due to start. The deadline should always be the scheduled time for the first match to start.
2013 W/L - Singles 00/00 Doubles 00/00
2013 Titles - Still to be decided
Lord Sneeze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM   #54
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

2 reasons why I set the deadline at 10 am:

1. There was no official starting time at the time I posted the OOP.

2. I wanted to post the diffs before I had to leave (10.30 am).

TT Singles: #199 CH: #2 Finals: Luxembourg '12, Miami '13, Carlsbad '13, YEC '13 SF: Dallas '12, US Open '12, Indian Wells '13, Cincinnati '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
TT Doubles: #52 CH: #10 Titles: Dallas '12, Brussels '13, Cincinnati '13, US Open '14 Finals: Seoul '12, Brisbane '13 SF: Wimbledon '12, US Open '12, TOC '12, Dubai '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM   #55

OK Keisuke, don't worry. It was your decision. Now I know for the next time. The only thing that matter is the real OOP. Best wishes
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM   #56
country flag Kylger

Ok this is not right. If the OOP is posted and the dealine is before the actual matches start. Then that is what matters. You can not accept any further PM's from players who haven't respected the managers deadline.

Once the diffs are posted, it's unreal that somebody can still post their diffs for that particular round. Yes you don't see how your opponent picked but you see what the majority picked and make your picks on that.

Also I think it puts the manager in a really bad position having to be forced to post the diffs on time even if they're not available at that time. It's difficult enough to run a tournament, because players don't respect the rules on how to send in their picks and organizing everything from scratch, now we get screwed with the deadline?? I have never heard anyone complain about the deadline before when it has been before the first match starts. Everyone has accepted that and respected the time. I am sorry that Lacey sent after the deadline, but those should not have been counted.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:13 PM   #57
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

So what am I supposed to do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylger View Post
I am sorry that Lacey sent after the deadline, but those should not have been counted.
I think that I have to change the results if that's an "official" statement.
TT Singles: #199 CH: #2 Finals: Luxembourg '12, Miami '13, Carlsbad '13, YEC '13 SF: Dallas '12, US Open '12, Indian Wells '13, Cincinnati '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
TT Doubles: #52 CH: #10 Titles: Dallas '12, Brussels '13, Cincinnati '13, US Open '14 Finals: Seoul '12, Brisbane '13 SF: Wimbledon '12, US Open '12, TOC '12, Dubai '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:41 PM   #58
country flag Frederik

any comments?
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM   #59

I will send picks for tomorrow. The Board will have to take a decision
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM   #60
country flag Frederik

I told extremaduratenis and Broseghini/MandyRulz (who lost their doubles against crazylace01) to send picks for tomorrow, too.