"Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #31
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future
Re: "Ask the board" thread!

To be honest, I think there should be more strict rules for the commitment to other tournaments. It is really easy to commit to all tournaments and than in the end forget to withdraw in all the other tournaments. I have to say I used it once and almost forgot to withdraw. In this way it is also really hard to see in which tournament you can enter, as the lower ranked tournament will be filled just before the deadline, because people change tournaments!

Quote:
Most players in ALT's doing it like that. Otherwise we would barely have ALT's sending, as they would prefer to pull out to make sure they can play this week.
And actually this is a strange sentence, as I think it is wrong. You don't have to have Alts sending, it should be there own risk when they send! Or maybe only the first two or three, so to keep managers from checking all kinds of Alt messages!
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #32
country flag TTomek
******!

TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute

so Joe and Gert in you opinion tennisfan06 did nothing wrong when he committed to Brussels, Strasbourg and Brescia?

so basically low ranked players can commit to every wta tournament?

they will be alt3 in tournament A and ALT2 in tournament b, will send for both and will have a big chance to get in...

in my opinion we should close the Els on Thursday and give the players a 24h deadline to withdraw...
TTomek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #33
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

I think when ALTs send and they didnīt make the draw they should be allowed to play elsewhere.

The problem is that it would kill challengers if we would not let players which didnīt make the draw to play them. I understand that they want to play WTA tournaments and if they didnīt make the draw they are simply going to challengers, nothing wrong with this, you never know how the cut off in WTA will be so why not try to play it? We have already rule that if player is in the draw and doesnīt send, he canīt play other tournaments. Thatīs enough. Rule about who send but doesnīt make the draw canīt play too would be too much IMO. Itīs a game I think there is no need to be that strict. I would agree with Tomekīs idea that we could close the EL in Thursday but still...the players doesnīt know how many LLs will make the draw...1, 5 or 0? Challengers need such players then and I think itīs not wrong to choose a WTA and then goes to challenger if they didnīt make it, because itīs just a game.

Example - There is 10+10 ALTs in both WTA tournaments and challenger donīt have enough players to run. All 20 will send for LL and then they wonīt be allowed to play elsewhere and challenger will be cancelled...I think we shouldnīt be that strict just becuase some people with lower ranking try to play WTA.

Last edited by SVK : May 14th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #34
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotoxfa View Post
I think when ALTs send and they didnīt make the draw they should be allowed to play elsewhere.

The problem is that it would kill challengers if we would not let players which didnīt make the draw to play them. I understand that they want to play WTA tournaments and if they didnīt make the draw they are simply going to challengers, nothing wrong with this, you never know how the cut off in WTA will be so why not try to play it? We have already rule that if player is in the draw and doesnīt send, he canīt play other tournaments. Thatīs enough. Rule about who send but doesnīt make the draw canīt play too would be too much IMO. Itīs a game I think there is no need to be that strict. I would agree with Tomekīs idea that we could close the EL in Thursday but still...the players doesnīt know how many LLs will make the draw...1, 5 or 0? Challengers need such players then and I think itīs not wrong to choose a WTA and then goes to challenger if they didnīt make it, because itīs just a game.

Example - There is 10+10 ALTs in both WTA tournaments and challenger donīt have enough players to run. All 20 will send for LL and then they wonīt be allowed to play elsewhere and challenger will be cancelled...I think we shouldnīt be that strict just becuase some people with lower ranking try to play WTA.
But because of these rules, we have so few players in challengers. If we would change the rule, less people would stay for LL position. Now there are 20 peoples staying there, and on the last day the challenger is filled up. It is not wrong when only 2 LL will send, while the other 18 will move to the challenger. But we should give them a reason not to send to each big tournament.
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #35
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
There's no (shouldn't be) problem with challengers and wta tournaments, deadline to commit for challengers is anyway after alternate players see if they got in qualies of wta tournament or not.
So it shouldn't be problem for them to withdraw from challenger when they get in qualies. Well for some it is problem, as it happend few times. Manager doesn't have time to check if all players commited to his tournament are in draws of other tournaments.
Happened few times already, it's clearly player's fault for causing confusion.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #36
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek. View Post
so Joe and Gert in you opinion tennisfan06 did nothing wrong when he committed to Brussels, Strasbourg and Brescia?
You didn't talk about him before. But thats obviously not the way he should do it.
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #15 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #34 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #38 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #37
heart

heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute

Question 1:
are players in the draw allowed to withdraw from the tournament and then go on to play another tournament? coz Buitenzorg withdrew from strasbourg while he was scheduled to play doubles qualies today.

Question 2:
Buitenzorg never sent for the tournament, so should i replace their team with an alt or should i just let their opponent win. and what if i have another team who didnt send, should i replace them with an alt instead of Buitenzorg's team (1 alternate scenario)

p.s: this scenario should've happen if only the alt sent, but they didnt. this question is more of a future reference
heart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #38
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

Not, if someone is in the draw he canīt play other tournament
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #39
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

question 1:

Are players that lose in the 1st week (or the Q) of a 2-week tournament (e.g. French Open) allowed to play another tournament in the 2nd week of that 2-week tournament?

question 2:

Is it too early to open the thread 8-10 days before the tournament starts?^^

Thanks
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #40
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Of course they can, otherwise we wouldnīt have any people on them

No itīs not, itīs actually a very good time to open it But 8 thatīs Sunday right?
You could open it in Sunday evening or Monday, if you will open it earlier it would be a bit unfair to the other tournament IMO because I can see most of people will join yours when there would be a big difference between opening date of both of them
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:38 AM   #41
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

wtatourfan sent me a PM. We'll open the threads today or tomorrow.
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #42
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
I don't think players should be allowed to commit to every tournament in the week without ever withdrawing.
Managers have enough work anyway, they shouldn't be the ones checking if some players are also in the draws of other tournaments.
It has happened few times already...
true, managers do have a lot of work managing. I should know, done quite enough recently

I still don't see an issue with lower ranked players. No player has any obligations towards a tournament if they are ALT's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek. View Post

so basically low ranked players can commit to every wta tournament?

they will be alt3 in tournament A and ALT2 in tournament b, will send for both and will have a big chance to get in...

in my opinion we should close the Els on Thursday and give the players a 24h deadline to withdraw...
Yes they can, presuming in their first 2 tournaments they are ALT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeisukeHonda View Post
question 1:

Are players that lose in the 1st week (or the Q) of a 2-week tournament (e.g. French Open) allowed to play another tournament in the 2nd week of that 2-week tournament?

question 2:

Is it too early to open the thread 8-10 days before the tournament starts?^^

Thanks
The sooner, the better I say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotoxfa View Post
Of course they can, otherwise we wouldnīt have any people on them

No itīs not, itīs actually a very good time to open it But 8 thatīs Sunday right?
You could open it in Sunday evening or Monday, if you will open it earlier it would be a bit unfair to the other tournament IMO because I can see most of people will join yours when there would be a big difference between opening date of both of them
nobodt really cares about that

I usually open my boards 2 weeks in advance to give people time to sign up Everyone knows that players are very lazy signing up and usually committs on the last minute.
TT: Rank Singles 88 (High: 31), Doubles 42 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #43
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Can a player play TT whilst currently serving a ban on the forum? e.g. by sending picks via the TTBoard or managers e-mail account.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM   #44
heart

heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute heart has a reputation beyond repute

how do you count sr's on retirements?
heart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM   #45
country flag TTomek
******!

TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute

you don't count it at all
TTomek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote