"Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:26 PM   #151
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Ask the board" thread!

I'll first say that KeisukeHonda is doing a great job
However i agree that the TB matches should be the most difficult to pick.
Elwin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM   #152
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin. View Post
i agree that the TB matches should be the most difficult to pick.
If that's how the forum wants me to do it... I'll do it.
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #153
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Can we make a written rule about the TB asap?
I mean, TB matches should be the most difficult ones, was always like that and thatīs the sence of TB matches anyway, order of SR matches is not important anymore, I dont care if managers use random.org for it but using random.org for TB matches is shit and shouldnt be allowed anmyore, if some disagree, make a poll about it!

Can anyone of the board members give a statement to that?
U will see some nice TBs when I manage my next tournaments if there wonīt be a written rule about that in future as well
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #154
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Michael. We should write that one down to the rules.
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #19 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #29 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #59 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg
joe87 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #155
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

Itīs very subjective though...It happened often that matches which were much closer and tough to pick according to me were placed very low in OOP...and I think it happened to most people...how would you prove that a match is more tough to pick than the other one and that the manager isnīt writing OOP according to rule? I think we doesnīt need written rule about that, just managers should really trying to make OOP according to their opinion (from the toughtest one to the relatively easiest) and not by random.org
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #156
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
Itīs very subjective though...It happened often that matches which were much closer and tough to pick according to me were placed very low in OOP...and I think it happened to most people...how would you prove that a match is more tough to pick than the other one and that the manager isnīt writing OOP according to rule? I think we doesnīt need written rule about that, just managers should really trying to make OOP according to their opinion (from the toughtest one to the relatively easiest) and not by random.org
of course, it is subjective, thatīs why rule should be like " TB matches should be the toughest matches to pick" and there are many ways to check if a match could be tough, you can check rankings, playing activity, h2h, pools on TF, betting sites etc. and then decide which matches you put as TB matches...of course, those matches still can end 61 60 but that is TT, not predictable but still managers should try to put tough matches as TB matches and not use random.org or similar....and if a manager has bad obviously bad TB choices, over and over again then sth is definitely wrong, I am not saying that this happened before but this could obviously happen if we donīt have a written rule, as some said before "no rule => I do what I want" and I think we should avoid that "I do what I want thinking" with as many written rules as possible as this makes it much easier anyway, doesnīt matter if it is about TBs or sth else!
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #157
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
"no rule => I do what I want"
I was just kidding...

And I agree with SVK.

Quote:
I think we doesnīt need written rule about that, just managers should really trying to make OOP according to their opinion
agree
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #158
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

I see the point and I would agree with rule, but donīt make it too strict, because I already can see people complaining too much about matchesī placement...I mean, written rule is OK (and I think almost all managers are making OOP in the way it should be), but we could accept every OOP which isnīt messy very much...for example there is no point to re-write OOP because of one match, when SR5 is according to some more competetive than TB2...that would be too silly and it would make everything much more messy.

Btw. I think we need also rule for commitments on challengers...as you noticed it happens sometimes that people are commiting one challenger and playing Q and the other one has hardly 16 people...I was thinking about some ideas, for example making one special thread for commitments in Challenger subforum (for one whole year) or simply close entry list when one tournament has 16+ and the other one has less than 8 or sth like that...if you have also some you can write it too, but it really need to be changed.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #159
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeisukeHonda View Post
I was just kidding...

u obviously werenīt kidding, otherwise you wouldnt have used random.org for the OOP
and you donīt have to defend yourself anyway, no rule => I do what I want is totally fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
I see the point and I would agree with rule, but donīt make it too strict, because I already can see people complaining too much about matchesī placement...I mean, written rule is OK (and I think almost all managers are making OOP in the way it should be), but we could accept every OOP which isnīt messy very much...for example there is no point to re-write OOP because of one match, when SR5 is according to some more competetive than TB2...that would be too silly and it would make everything much more messy.
well, I personally didnīt even think about it that someone could use random.org to place the matches, when I started to manage tournaments they just told me and I read that many times anyway that TB matches should be the toughest to pick and that managers should think about it which matches they will place there and not do it randomly and most managers donīt do messy OOPs anyway, you are right about that...order of SRs is not important anymore as well, as we donīt have SR shootout anymore..only thing which should be clear that managers should think about TB matches and not use random.org for it as we donīt need some random TB matches ( today random.org could have choosen Brianti-Ivanovic for example )..I agree, I never thought that we would need a written rule for it but as we have some new managers it would better to have at least one short sentence about it...
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 05:44 AM   #160
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
Btw. I think we need also rule for commitments on challengers..
There is not enough player to field a 64/32 + 2 times 32/16. Nothing to do with a new rule, just less tournaments when there is a Pre5 tourney.

Last edited by valac222 : Aug 10th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #161
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

What to do, if none of the opps send in a R2 match? Who goes through?
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #162
country flag TTomek

TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute

opponent gets a bye in third round
TTomek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #163
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to be eligible the second week of the USO, Can I play the tournament?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #164
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterLover View Post
I am going to be eligible the second week of the USO, Can I play the tournament?
yes, you can play a challenger tournament in the second week of the USO
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #165
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post
yes, you can play a challenger tournament in the second week of the USO
I think the question was more in terms of US Open.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote