Entry List & Draw Maker: tennistipping.zz.mu - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #1
country flag sfar

sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future
Entry List & Draw Maker: tennistipping.zz.mu

What is the Entry List & Draw Maker?

It's a tool that helps managers to generate Entry Lists and Draws easily. This tool has been primarily created to MTF users and adapted to TF (for example, the tournament types are not correct). I'll try to adapt those little changes to TF as soon as I can.

You can find the Entry List & Draw Maker in the following web site:

tennistipping.zz.mu

Requirements:

- Java Runtime Environment. If you don't know if you have Java, follow these steps:
  1. In Windows Desktop, press the Start button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
  2. Select the 'Run' option.
  3. Type 'cmd' and press Ok. The command window pops up.
  4. Type 'java' in the command window.
  5. If the following message appears: 'java is not recognized as a command' then you don't have Java installed. You must install it from here: Download Java
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280x1024 or higher.

Web Description:

You will see 3 columns:

- Singles List column
Contains players commited to the tournament as Singles, one per line. Edit with your tournament's players.
For each player commited to a tournament, you can specify special features with the following tags next to the player name:
  1. #LE#: The player is a Late Entry to this tournament and will be placed after all who commited on time.
  2. #SE#: The player has requested for a Special Exempt.
  3. #OUT#: The player is out of the tournament, will not count for Entry lists but will be painted red in the output.
  4. #PRn#: The player is using Protected Ranking. The n value indicates the protected ranking value.
  5. #ALT#: The player is an alternate and he will be placed at the end of the entry list.

These tags can be concatenated. Example:
Code:
player1 #LE#      --> This player is a LE. 
player2 #SE#      --> This player has requested a SE. 
player3
player4 #SE#      --> This player has requested a SE. If he is higher ranked than player2 and is not qualified for main draw, he gets the spot ahead of player2
player5 #LE##OUT# --> This player commited late, but is out of the tournament.
player6 #PR156#   --> This player uses his/her protected ranking as 156th.
player7 #ALT#     --> This player commited after the last deadline, he/she will be placed at the end of the Entry List.
- Doubles List column
Contains players commited to the tournament as Doubles, one pair separated by a slash (/) per line. Edit with your tournament's doubles players. This is an example of how to place your doubles players:
If PlayerA and PlayerB play together and PlayerC and PlayerD play together, they must be placed like this in Doubles.txt:
PlayerA/PlayerB
PlayerC/PlayerD

For each double team commited to a tournament, you can specify if this team is out of the tournament:
  1. #OUT#: The player is out of the tournament, will not count for Entry lists but will be painted red in the output
  2. #1PRn#: The first doubles player is using Protected Ranking. The n value indicates the protected ranking value.
  3. #2PRn#: The second doubles player is using Protected Ranking. The n value indicates the protected ranking value.
  4. #ALT#: The team is an alternate and they will be placed at the end of the entry list.

Example:
Code:
player1/player2 #OUT#  --> This doubles team is out of the tournament.
player3/player4 
player5/player6 #2PR15#   --> The second doubles player (player6) uses his/her protected ranking as 15th.
player7/player8 #ALT#     --> This team commited after the last deadline, so they will be placed at the end of the Entry List.
- Output
If you press the Entry list button, it will display the following information:

SINGLE:
  • Main Entry list (if at least 1 player in Singles column)
  • Qualifying Entry list (if there is one)
  • Alternates list (if there is one)
  • Main Entry list seeded players
  • Qualifying Entry list seeded players (if there is one)

DOUBLES:
  • Main Entry list (if at least 1 player in Doubles column)
  • Qualifying Entry list (if there is one)
  • Alternates list (if there is one)
  • Main Entry list seeded players
  • Qualifying Entry list seeded players (if there is one)
  • Free for doubles list (any commited singles player who has not commited to play doubles).

If you press the Draw button, it will display the main and qualifying draws both for singles and doubles. The output of the Draw will be made in order to fit into Evita's spreadsheet correctly.

If a main draw has qualifying spots, these will have a number next to it to identify which qualifier will go into that spot. For example, Q1 will be the spot occupied with the bracket of the no.1 seed from qualifying, Q2 will be the spot occupied with the bracket of the no.2 seed from qualifying, and so on.

How to use:
When you generate the draw, click right button of mouse in the Output column and choose the 'Select All' option and Ctrl+C to copy all the draws into the Clipboard. Then open an new spreadsheet page, select a cell and press Ctrl+V. You will have all the draws ready to copy into your management spreadsheet.

Important:
  • The Draw will only be made with a final list, so the SE checkbox must be unchecked before generating the draw.
  • The minimum number of players commited to generate the draw is:
    • 32-player tournaments: 17.
    • 64-player tournaments: 33.
    • 128-player tournaments: 65.
Usage:
  • Select the tournament type:
    1. Grand Slam (128)
    2. Masters (64)
    3. ATP (32)
    4. Challenger (32)
  • Select ranking date: The ranks will be updated as soon as Gavnich77 publishes them on the web, you only have to select the desired date.
  • Select how many Special Exempts you want to include in the Entry List.
  • The number of SEs selected will be reserved in the Singles Main Draw Entry list with the 'SE' name and all players will move down those places.
  • If there is a player with a SE, the 'SE' name will be replaced with the player.
  • Select the number of Qualifying players for the event.
  • Press the Entry List button to generate your entry list.
  • Press the Draw button to generate your main and qualifying draws.
  • You can reset all columns by pressing the Reset button.

IMPORTANT: Please check if the NR players in the output files are not named in the TT official rankings with another name. The program will understand that it is a new player. For example, if a player's name is Player_A and entries as NR, check that in the TT official rankings it is not appearing as PlayerA or Player A. If this is the case, rename Player_A in the Singles and Doubles column with the exact name appearing in the TT official rankings and press the Entry List or Draw button.

IMPORTANT: If you still see the three columns on the page, please refresh the page by pressing F5. If it still doesn't work, open the Windows Administration Tool, select the Processes tag, select java.exe and press the End process button.[/quote]

Newest update of Java blocks the EL maker and this link explains it how to make it work again!

https://www.java.com/en/download/exception_sitelist.jsp

Last edited by AdeyC : Feb 28th, 2014 at 09:26 AM.
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #2
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Entry List & Draw Maker (for TT in Tennis Forums)

Thanks!
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #3
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #4
country flag Ivanovic_fan

Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of
Sergio is the same like MTF?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Finals Win/Lost
Singles : 0:0
Doubles : 2:8
Ivanovic_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #5
country flag sfar

sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future sfar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic_fan View Post
Sergio is the same like MTF?

Exactly the same, the only thing that changes is the rankings source.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #6
country flag Lord Sneeze

Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future

You sir are a legend
2013 W/L - Singles 00/00 Doubles 00/00
2013 Titles - Still to be decided
Lord Sneeze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #7
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #8
country flag sfar

Thank YOU, Fredrik. You made it possible by changing the format.

BTW, rankings in the Entry List Maker are from 11th February and not from the 4th February. I'll correct this soon.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #9
country flag Hidalgo

Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold Hidalgo is a splendid one to behold

thanks, sfar. i have just used it for Mildura tournament
highest singles ranking #59.
TT doubles: Titles (4) Clermond-Ferrand'12, Suzhou'12, Saguenay'12 Antalya22'12
RU: Rockhampton'12 Ningbo'12 Mildura'13
was playing 52 weeks in TT before retirement
PAW: WON USO'12
Hidalgo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #10
country flag sfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalgo View Post
thanks, sfar. i have just used it for Mildura tournament
I you have some problem, just tell me.

Changed the Entry List date from 4th to 11th February.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #11
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question:

Do you have to type in the players name?
valac222 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #12
country flag Ivanovic_fan

Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of Ivanovic_fan has much to be proud of
I made copy/paste

Finals Win/Lost
Singles : 0:0
Doubles : 2:8
Ivanovic_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #13
country flag sfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
Just a question:

Do you have to type in the players name?
Yes, once people commit to your tournament you can save the list into a text file and then paste it into the Entry List Maker text area.

If you save the file you can re-use it each time you generate the rankings.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #14
country flag Lord Sneeze

Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future

Only problem I have found is there is no SE for doubles which means we need to manually move the SE teams. Any chance of getting this added?
2013 W/L - Singles 00/00 Doubles 00/00
2013 Titles - Still to be decided
Lord Sneeze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #15
country flag sfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard11120 View Post
Only problem I have found is there is no SE for doubles which means we need to manually move the SE teams. Any chance of getting this added?
I didn't know that doubles teams could be SEs...

Anyway, it won't be done in the short term, you'll have to do it manually at the moment. Sorry.