2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #211
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
If so then the winner is UCLA, who gets the sole Floridan, Jennifer
They're recruiting all over the nation, just look at the current roster

Even USC is exploring outside the region, as in the case of Ellie and Madison.

I thought Carol Zhao is going to join Stanford KEY foreign player!
Well, she's not from across the Atlantic though
Canada is still North America.

Besides NAFTA applies to tennis as well
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #212
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Info released yesterday:
WTEN: Buckeyes Add to 2014 Roster
Incoming class mark first recruits for Schaub

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Incoming freshmen Gabriella De Santis, Miho Kowase and Ferny Angeles Paz signed NCAA National Letters of Intent this spring and are set to join Sandy Niehaus, who signed her NLI in December, on the Ohio State women’s tennis team in the 2013-2014 season. The class of four incoming freshmen marks the first recruiting class for head coach Melissa Schaub, who was tabbed head coach of the Buckeyes May 14.

“I am absolutely thrilled to have Miho, Gabriella, and Ferny joining us at Ohio State,” Schaub said. “They have all had remarkable junior careers, and Bryan (Koniecko) and I believe they are going to make an immediate impact on our program. We could not be more excited to get these three, along with Sandy Niehaus, here to start working.”

De Santis is currently the second-highest ranked player in Venezuela and ranked No.161 in the world. De Santis competed in the 2013 Fed Cup in Medellin, Colombia and has represented her country at the Junior Fed Cup five times. De Santis has also played in several ITF tournaments in four different countries, including the Casablanca (Mexico) and Copa del Café (Costa Rica).

Kowase ended the 2011 season ranked No. 48 in the world and has spent the last six years competing on the Japanese National Team. Kowase captured the title at the U-16 Junior Fed Cup and earned a career-high world ranking of No.14. Kowase reached the quarterfinals of the 2011 Wimbledon Juniors (GA) in doubles competition and was singles runner up at the 2010 Osaka Mayor’s Cup. Kowase’s sister, Maho, is a junior on the University of Georgia women’s tennis team.

Angeles Paz earned a career-high No. 50 ranking in the junior ITF standings and was named the Doubles Champion at a Grade 2 ITF tournament in Argentina. The Lima, Peru, native claimed her first ITF tournament at age 14 and was a two-time doubles finalist in Grade 1 ITF contests in Brazil and Colombia. Angeles Paz reached the semifinals in singles competition in two Grade 2 ITF outings in Chile and Argentina and is No. 1 in every age group in Peru.

Niehaus, a five-star recruit according to tennisrecruiting.net, won the Ohio Division I state singles championship in 2010 and was the state runner-up in 2011 and '12. A three-time first team All-Ohio selection and a 2011 National High School Tennis All-American, Niehaus is currently ranked No. 1 in Ohio, No. 7 in the Great Lakes Region and No. 69 nationally. She helped guide Mount Notre Dame to a runner-up finish in the state tournament as a freshman. The three-time team MVP received the Ohio Tennis Coaches Association John P. Harlow Sportsmanship Award in 2011.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #213
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Maho Kowase's sister! That's a nice recruiting class for Ohio State!
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:52 PM   #214
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Mckenzie Craft transfers to Baylor!
http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-...052213aab.html
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:21 PM   #215
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Mckenzie Craft transfers to Baylor!
http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-...052213aab.html
I can't help but wonder wha her expectations were at Georgia. I can't help but think her comments are a dig at the Georgia coaching staff:

"Baylor is a developmental program, not a recruiting program which is important to me. Joey and Alison are amazing coaches and they really care about each girl on the team and their development as a tennis player and a person."

Georgia fans, care to comment?
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM   #216
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew something was up when Mackenzie wasn't even going to the SEC Championships or the NCAA tournament with the team and walk-on Kelli Jordan was. Not surprised, nice get for Baylor. I like Mackenzie's game. It's hard, though, when you have too many good players. You either have to be satisfied rarely playing or transfer to somewhere else where you make more of an impact.

But LOL at this "Of course, academics were important to me as well - and you can't beat Baylor." Not that Baylor isn't a good school, but come on...
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #217
country flag SECTennis

SECTennis is an unknown quantity at this point

I find these comments very interesting.

Not only has Georgia been a top program for many years, their coach has won National Coach of the Year four times... More than any other coach in women's tennis history.

Herring went from 53 (preseason) to 6.
Kowase went from 37 (preseason) to 19.
Fuller went from 30 (preseason) to 1 in doubles.

When Kowase came in, I believe she was a 4/5 player in the line up, now she has developed into a great number 2. Fuller was a number 7 upon arrival who won a number of big matches this year at the number 4 position. King had a great second half to the season as well.

Seems like someone had some sour grapes.
SECTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #218
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Maho Kowase's sister! That's a nice recruiting class for Ohio State!
Thought everyone knew once that was released on tennisrecruiting. Didn't know about the other 2, but this makes me excited for my last year at OSU. I hope we really show our true potential next year. When on, we can make some noise.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #219
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Is Brynn Boren transferring to USC (from Tennessee)?

I haven't heard anything official, just a tweet from SS...

I thought all the players east of Cali go to UCLA but I could be wrong
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #220
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Is Brynn Boren transferring to USC (from Tennessee)?

I haven't heard anything official, just a tweet from SS...

I thought all the players east of Cali go to UCLA but I could be wrong
I'm sure nothing will be official until the tournament is over. It ended today for Boren so maybe something will come out in the next few days. fantic wouldn't be mentioning her this much if it wasn't a certainty.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #221

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it was discussed, but Boren is going to USC. It's been known for awhile and Sabrina said it on twitter. Heard through transfers and graduation, Tennessee is losing 4 of their top 6.

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #222
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Butkovska to Portland.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #223
country flag tucker1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Thought it was discussed, but Boren is going to USC. It's been known for awhile and Sabrina said it on twitter. Heard through transfers and graduation, Tennessee is losing 4 of their top 6.
Joey, do you know anything about the rumors of Skylar transferring?
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Joey, do you know anything about the rumors of Skylar transferring?
I know she has a release because I know a coach is looking at getting her, but there is no school that has grabbed her. She could end up staying. There are tons of players who get releases and end up staying.

Old May 31st, 2013, 10:57 PM   #225
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
I don't know if this has been written already but Sarah Toti is leaving Tennessee
Texas Tech story: http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/tex...053113aaa.html
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote