ART Melbourne- Week 2 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #106
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all
Re: ART Melbourne

MelbourneRound1

Elena Dementieva (RUS) vs. Julia Georges (GER)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Georges

Julia Georges Defeated. Elena Dementieva 3-6 7-5 6-3

No one could answer why it was Elena Dementieva played the way she did today, however it cost her a place in the Second Round as Germany's Julia Georges steam rolled through with an impressive and shocking victory through to the Second Round of the Championships!! Watch out cos' Julia is in town!!

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #107
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

MelbourneRound1

Mashona Washington (USA) vs. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Chakvetadze

Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) def. Mashona Washington (USA)
5-7 6-4 7-6(5)

Over on court 6, it was a very desperate afair between these two with both players constantly arguing with the umpire and screeching quite fiercely especially in the third set. Anna is one of 7 Russians playing today and certainly hasn't looked like the strongest out of them at all. But she is showing signs of getting her confidence back and after winning the Auckland doubles title last week, her serve and volley skills came in handy especially in the second set to level things up. Mashona played a great match but she still needs to improve on certain things like her footwork if she wants to win matches convincingly. Anna survives another day and advances through to the second round.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything

Last edited by no-hay-igual : Dec 29th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #108
country flag lemonwilly

lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future

Mashona
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #109
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Anna won But how?
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #110
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Lena D

dw in doubles we will be awesome!
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #111

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

MelbourneRound1

Ashley Harkleroad (USA) vs. Liezel Huber (USA)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Harkleroad

Ashley Harkleroad Defeated. Liezel Huber 6-2 2-6 7-5

The young American put on a fierce game today, knocking out a fierce opponent in Liezel Huber!! Ash never gave up from the start, intent on getting her well deserved victory!! Ash advances through to the Second Round!!

Serena Williams
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #112
country flag lemonwilly

lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future

Ashley
Liezel
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #113

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

MelbourneRound1

Dinara Safina (RUS) vs. Aravane Rezai (FRA)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Rezai

Aravane Rezai (FRA) def. Dinara Safina (RUS)
7-6(3) 2-6 6-2

Last match up on Rod Laver arena, saw yet another three set encounter between Sydney doubles champion Rezai and hot tempered Russian, Dinara Safina. The first was an exciting set with both players playing a decent set but it was Aravane who really let loose, swinging freely and achieving an impressive 7 winners in the tiebrake. Dinara seemed much more motivated in the second set and was hitting close to the lines and corners which really phased Aravane but then in the thrid set, Dinara changed her tactics completely and sometimes was only hitting half court balls which allowed Aravane to come in and attack. When Dinara was 4-2 down, she seemed hot and bothered and threw away the last two games with a dissapointing 8 unforced errors to give Aravane the match a ticket to round 2.

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #114

sorry had a picture of gisela instead of anna changed now

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #115

MelbourneRound1

Laura Robson (GBR) vs Jelena Jankovic (SRB)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Jankovic

Jelena Jankovic Defeated. Laura Robson 6-3 3-6 6-2

Showing what a future prospect she can be laura put up a fight against Serbia's Jelena Jankovic in the First Round of the Australian Open!! JJ didn't have much to think about in the First set, however coming into the second was a whole complete new ball game!! laura played amazingly well outlasting JJ in the Second Set!! However coming into the third JJ knew what she had to do to get the job done, taking the Final Set in style!!

Serena Williams
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #116

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
sorry had a picture of gisela instead of anna changed now
It was big mistake Anna is sexier than Gisela
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #117

MelbourneRound1

Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Azarenka

Victoria Azarenka (BLR) def. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
1-6 7-5 6-1

In one of the most highly anticipated matches of round 1, Hisense Arena was packed out to witness who would advance through to the next round here and it was Victoria who looked to continue her good run at Sydney and do the same here in Melbourne with an impressive win over the champion at Auckland last week. Dominika looked like she was going to waste no time in advancing through to the next round when she opened a 6-1 5-3 lead but she was not to win another game after that and Victoria fought and fought with some stunning baseline battles between the pair and it is Victoria who will go on to face Elena Vesnina in the next round.

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #118

MelbourneRound1

Madison Brengle (USA) vs. Andrea Petkovic (GER)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Petkovic

Andrea Petkovic Defeated. Madison Brengle 6-3 7-5

After having a scary fall in the First Set Andrea managed to get the job done today with a straight sets victory!! Andrea put on some amazing tennis today, earning her right in the second Round of the Australian Open!!

Serena Williams
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #119

I supposed it will happened.
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #120
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
How lucky are you! All 3 of you're players got byes
I know I won't be lucky in the second round cause I'll be facing your monster player with more points than me . Vera Zvonareva
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote