ART Melbourne- Week 2 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #91
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ART Melbourne

Yay Vera! at least she won after the very bad week she had in Sydney.

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #92
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

Bartoli out
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #93
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Wait few moments Dominika will be out too
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #94
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

MelbourneRound1

Alona Bondarenko (UKR) vs. Kyrstina Pliskova (CZE)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Bondarenko

Alona Bondarenko (UKR) def. Krystina Pliskova (CZE)
2-6 6-4 6-2

Over on Hisense now and it is looking like a quite similar result to the one we've just seen on Rod Laver. Hopman Cup champion Alona Bondarenko recovered from a slump first set to go on and defeat the young Czech in exactly 70 minutes. Krystina still looks as though she is struggling to keep up with the more experienced players on the tour and yet again has had another tough draw. Alona has looked dangerous now for the best part of two weeks and anybody in her section of the draw should fear her. Getting hotter in Melbourne.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #95
country flag lemonwilly

lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future

I will b happy if at least one of my players will advance
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #96
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

MelbourneRound1

Mirjana Lucic (CRO) vs. Venus Williams (USA)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Williams

Venus Williams Defeated. Mirjana Lucic 2-6 6-2 6-4

With the first match underway on Margaret Court Arena, Venus Williams meant business from the start!! With a shocking first set, Venus put that behind her, performing some amazing tennis, showing at times signs of greatness!! Mirjana played well, but not good enough to dethrone the Queen of Mean!!

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Dec 29th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #97

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

MelbourneRound1

Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Medina Garrigues

Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) def. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)
5-7 7-6(7) 7-5

In a match that lasted over 3 hours out on court 6, Anabel yet again grinded her way to another spectacular victory. Anastasia showed a lot of guts by hitting some very risky shots and almost had the match wrapped up with her very own match point at 6-5 in the second set tiebraker but in a rally of 31 shots, Anabel played a drop shot that just skimmed over the net leaving no time for Anastasia to get to it. Anabel seemed too surprised to aplogize and Anastasia barely gave her time for it during the handshake at the end of the match. Nevertheless, Anabel advances to the second round after another hard worked peformence.

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #98
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry misread Anne has a Bye.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #99

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

MelbourneRound1

Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Cornet

Alize Cornet Defeated. Marie-Eve Pelletier 6-3 3-6 7-5

Alize Cornet played a fierce match today to advance through to the Australian Open 2nd Round with a storm stopping performance against the promising Canadian!! Cornet looked well on the way to a straight sets victory, however, Pelletier fought on breaking the second set!! The third set however proved too much for the canadian to handle with the talented Frenchwoman advancing through to the 2nd Round!!

Serena Williams
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by db99 View Post
I did send annes points.
Yes she did!! Your opponent didn't send any points so Anne got a BYE through to the Second Round!! :-D

Serena Williams
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #101

MelbourneRound1

Kim Clijsters (BEL) vs. Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Vesnina

Elena Vesnina (RUS) def. Kim Clijsters (BEL)
7-6(6) 6-4

In two exceedingly close sets, Rod Laver saw another Russian advance to the second round after Elena Vesnina showed some promising talent against the Belgian to tough it out in three sets. Kim still seemed very rusty even a way into the first season of the tour and her mind looks to be elsewhere. Elena however, seemed focused from the start and employed her tactics brilliantly in the first set to save three set points which Kim possessed. The second was an easier contest for Vesnina and she now advances through to the next round.

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #102
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Go Lena V 1st straight sets win of the tournament!

I am a little bit surprised by the score though

Last edited by Sharapovian : Dec 29th, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #103

MelbourneRound1

Maria Sharapova (AUS) vs. Jie Zheng (CHN)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Sharapova

Maria Sharapova Defeated. Jie Zheng 5-7 6-2 6-4

The Sydney Champion got her Australian Open campaign off to a strong start with a jaw dropping performance in the second and third sets!! Jie Zheng played a very clever first set, however it was not enough to fend off the tiger at work!!

Serena Williams
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #104

MelbourneRound1

Heidi El Tabakh (CAN) vs. Gisela Dulko (ARG)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Dulko

Gisela Dulko (ARG) def. Heidi El Tabakh (CAN)
6-2 2-6 7-5

In a mixed momentum match out on Hisense Arena, Gisela Dulko came out on top after a tough third set to reach the second round. Gisela showed some great versatility in her game and had close friend Ashley Harkleroad watching her out on court to cheer her on. The crowd really got behind this match in the third set and it could have gone either way but in the end Gisela utilized the whole of the court to her advantage and cuaght Heidi out several times at the net. A good effort from Heidi but she is still looking for her first win of the season. Gisela is looking in good form as she advances through to the next round.

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #105
country flag lemonwilly

lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future lemonwilly has a brilliant future

Gisela