ART Melbourne- Week 2 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #76
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ART Melbourne

The Empress is in town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interviewer
What are you most looking forward to about Melbourne?
Well I love Melbourne. It's a great city for shopping and there are lots of Serbian fans there that come and support me instead of Ana, she just is plain boring to be honest.

Quote:
A lot of the players on tour don't really like you because of your close relationship with maria sharapova, what do you think to this?
Well Maria and I are great friends, we grew up together and we both think that everyone else on tour is a bitch and they can't play tennis to save themselves. Besides that, we both have great backhands.

Quote:
You had a decent start to the year but to your standards you want better, will it be your week this week in Melbourne?
Yeah look, I started the year with a bad headcold which prevented me from playing my best tennis. It's very hot in Australia and it takes me a while to get used to the conditions and I often find it difficult to breathe in matches. But it's all ok as long as I win.

Quote:
Last week, Alona Bondarenko secretly quoted you as being 'a joke'. What are your thoughts on this?
Which Bondarenko is that? So confusing!

Quote:
Who are you teaming up with in the doubles this week? Why? And is this important to you?
I'm teaming up with Maria again this week, as she's the best player on the tour. It's important because it's our mission to save the tour and retrieve it from the depths of slumpsville.

Quote:
Any last words?
What do you think of my shoes?
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #77
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Great aritcles

2 of my players are in the same quarter, all 3 are in the same half
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #78
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

Masha's article
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #79
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Justine's Aim to Allez through the Competition

What are you most looking forward to about Melbourne?

Quote:
Throughout my career I always loved playing in Melbourne. Is such a great city and a great Venue to host the first slam of the year. I didn't mention before but blue is my favorite color and last year I made the finals under the blue surface when I lost to that Slut Rena but hopefully this year I will go one step further and take the tittle .

You had a good start to your season with a quarter final showing at Sydney, do you think you can replicate that this week in Melbourne or what more, go even further to take the title?

Quote:
I definitely think I can. I had a great week last week when I lost to a really good friend of mine Victoria, a performance which I think really showed me that I should work hard and make it happen in Melbourne. Sydney is such a good preparation for me and I am considering to come there next year as well.
Who do you expect to be the world's number 1 after this tournament?

Quote:
I don't know. I mean I want to be the world number 1 but I don't know if I can achieve it after Melbourne or it will take me more time. I think Azarenka has a pretty good chance and that girl what was her name Oh Cibulkova as well but who knows. I'm looking to face these players in my draw and we'll see what happens .
Last week, Maria Sharapova called you a 'has been' what do you think to this?

Quote:
I haven't heard about this but I would suggest her to come and say that to my face. I respect her game and her as well but sometimes she's over the top she is a blonde after all so nothing is surprising here.I'm looking forward to facing her in Melbourne and maybe show her If those words are true or not .
Who are you teaming up with in the doubles this week? Why? And is this important to you?

Quote:
I am teaming up with my close friend Kuznetsova. She plays doubles more often than I do and she invited me to join her and of course I accepted without thinking twice. It is really important for me and of course its a tittle I want to win and it will be much more greater if I do it now with Kuzzy .Players you better watch you're back
Any last words?

Quote:
I would like to say to Maria and to Jankobitch "Allez up your fucking ass" cause they deserve it .Bye
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #80
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

due to numerous people not sending points this week, the draw has been ammended and some players have taken the places of those who are absent.
Players that have been affected:
Sam Stosur
Jie Zheng
Maria Sharapova
Maria Kirilenko
Sabine Lisicki
Justine Henin
Anne Keothavong
Timea Babos
Andrea Hlavackova

Thanks

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #81

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

results in around 30 minutes (All round 1)

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #82
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
due to numerous people not sending points this week, the draw has been ammended and some players have taken the places of those who are absent.
Players that have been affected:
Sam Stosur
Jie Zheng
Maria Sharapova
Maria Kirilenko
Sabine Lisicki
Justine Henin
Anne Keothavong
Timea Babos
Andrea Hlavackova

Thanks
Masha must be really happy

Too bad none of my players were affected
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #83
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
Any last words?
How lucky are you! All 3 of you're players got byes
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #84
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Everyone excited for the results? :-D

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #85
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

No I know all my players will lose
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #86
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

C'mon Vika, demolish Cibullshitkova.
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #87
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post
C'mon Vika, demolish Cibullshitkova.
How dare you?
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #88
country flag Hian

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #89

OrderOfPlay

Marion Bartoli (FRA) vs. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)

Kim Clijsters (BEL) vs. Elena Vesnina (RUS)

Dinara Safina (RUS) vs. Aravane Rezai (FRA)

Alona Bondarenko (UKR) vs. Krystina Pliskova (CZE)

Heidi El Tabakh (CAN) vs. Gisela Dulko (ARG)

Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

Mirjana Lucic (CRO) vs. Venus Williams (USA)

Maria Sharapova (RUS) vs. Jie Zheng (CHN)

Ashley Harkleroad (USA) vs. Liezel Huber (USA)

Court 5

Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN)

Elena Dementieva (RUS) vs. Julia Goerges (GER)

Laura Rosbon (GBR) vs. Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

Madison Brengle (USA) vs. Andrea Petkovic (GER)

Court 6

Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)

Mashona Washington (USA) vs. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)

Johanna Larsson (SWE) vs. Francesca Schiavone (ITA)

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #90

MelbourneRound1

Marion Bartoli (FRA) vs. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Zvonareva

Vera Zvonareva (RUS) def. Marion Bartoli (FRA)
3-6 6-4 6-3

And the first grand slam of the year has kicked off in style with the hard hitting Zvonareva advancing through to the second round. She had trouble with keeping her emotions in check after losing a very lack-luster set on her behalf where both players produced a total of 40 unforced errors combined. The second set was much more competitive and even Marion's complaint to Eva Asderaki regarding the bright colour of Bepa's trainers couldn't get her the win. Will this become an annoyance to her next opponent? Vera through in 3 sets.