ART Melbourne- Week 2 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #181
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of
Re: ART Melbourne

Yazzo-C- it was so close!!!! check the sign up thread at the bottom of post 1, things might be a little clearer there

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #182
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks, guess we both split up our points quite similar then
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #183

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

MelbourneRound2

Nadia Petrova (RUS) vs. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Petrova

Nadia Petrova (RUS) def. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
5-7 7-5 6-3

In one of the closest matches of the day, Nadia Petrova defeated Daniel Hantuchova to have the chance to face Victoria Azarenka in the next round of the competition. Daniela was extremely unlucky today, showing some great counterpunching tennis, always having an answer to Nadia's power but she could not sustain it throughout the whole of the match, finally succumbing to the excellence of Nadia Petrova. Nadia utlized her serve brilliantly and produced an outstanding 26 winners. A close match but it was Nadia who books her place in the third round.

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #184
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

All my players out
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #185
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #186

MelbourneRound2

Flavia Pennetta (ITA) vs. Timea Babos (HUN)
Vs.
GAME
Set and Match
Babos

Timea Babos (HUN) def. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
6-4 6-2

In another surpise victory, Timea Babos defied the odds to go on and defeat Flavia Penneta of Italy in straight sets. Timea had not won a match coming into this competition and is now in the third round. She played some clever agressive tennis today, not allowing Flavia to play her game. Flavia seemed a little confused by how well Timea was playing even though she played a decent first set, only producing 6 unforced errors. Timea stormed through the second set and will no face home favourite, Sam Stosur in round 3.

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #187

wow !! what a marathon, all round 2 winners
all round 2 losers you still all have doubles to look forward to
thankyou to everyone who has wrote articles today and stayed tuned for the results today, see you all tomorrow for round 3 and the beginning of doubles

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #188
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Press Conference of Dominika Cibulkova

Dominika shows her first trophy

It wasn't good start for Dominika. After big fight she lost against star from Belarus, Viktoria Azarenka. Just after the match Dominika in rush left the court and back to hotel. But now, she arrived to tennis center for her second conference in Melbourne.

Interviewer: How is it to lost in first round when a lot people think about you as the favorite to win whole AO?

Quote:
Originally said by Dominika Cibulkova
That lost wasn't surprise for me. Before the tournament I said that I really don't care about winning in single here. Of course every lost doesn't taste good, but I was defeated by very good player.
Your big opponent, Maria Sharapova, lost today. She wasn't able to win with Rebecca Marino. Is that lost was something unusual for you?

Quote:
Not really. I supposed that something like that could happened. In first round she easily won with unprepared Jie Zheng, which had really big problems with her tennis now. In next round she faced to someone who played good and has brilliant tactics. So she lost.
But Maria was big favo to win here!

Quote:
Who said that? Probably she? She should spend more time on court and practice and less time on twitter. Todays match shows that any good player could win with her. Even change color of her hairs didn't help her. She still plays and thinks: "Look at me, I am a star, I am beauty".
I don't see any big difference between you and her. You suppose to be similar to her?

Quote:
It's nonsense. As I said, my lost wasn't a coincidence. I really don't care about single title. I'm here to win doubles. But she was too sure that she will win everything here and she was punished. I think she is really vain person
Your friends from team, Anna and Nadia won today. Did you see those matches?

Quote:
Sure. They played fantastic matches today. For me Anna has really big chances to reach semifinal, or even win title. Nadia will face against Vika, I wish her the best, but she probably lose with her.
Tomorrow will start doubles. You again play with Anna.

Quote:
Yes, and I'm really excited. I know we have big chances to win the title.
So good luck tomorrow. I hope we will meet tomorrow after your win.

Quote:
Thank you, and see you tomorrow.
Everything in this interview was censored by Dominika Cibulkova
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #189
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

all my players lost!
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #190
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky I have still Sabine standing

Kuzzy and Juju lost
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #191
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

Plays well

After a difficult last week, the first major of the year, Dulko won two consecutive match at the Australian Open and is in third round.
Argentina's permission to obtain a good level in a exihibicion americas team where to have to win the cup, but the following week was a reflection and lost very quickly.
The workouts were hard, had to improve if wanted to go far and so is today is installed in the third round of Australia Open.
In the first round Dulko faced Heidi El Tabakh and the result was 62 26 75, with many good moments on Dulko in the match.
For the second round, sitting in front of the dangerous D Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova and the result was in favor of Dulko who won 75 26 62.

- I'm fine physically and psychologically, it makes me stronger. Needed to win so many games to rely on my level. I'm failing too much on my second set, perhaps it is deconcentration. I'm a little sad that Ashley lost her singles, but let's put everything in doubles - said Dulko
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #192
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

Au revoir Jo-La

After having won her first match in Melbourne against Italian veteran Francesca Schiavone, Johanna Larsson lost to a very good Kimiko Date Krumm in the second match. 6-4 6-2 was the final score. There's a short interview released by Larsson after this loss:

Quote:
Interviewer
Hi Johanna. Did you expect this loss against Date?
Quote:
Johanna Larsson
If I have to say the truth, I expected something better. I could do undoubtly a lot more, but Kimiko was simply better today. I knew I had not many possibilities to win this, but I tried to make few unforced errors and many winners, but it was not enough.
Quote:
Interviewer
By the way, a lot of good players lost today: Sydney champion Maria Sharapova, Slovakian best girl Daniela Hantuchova, Italian player Flavia Pennetta... these are only few names. What do you think about?
Quote:
Johanna Larsson
I was suprised when I saw Masha losing: it seemd she had no more energies in the third set. But well, I suppose it isn't a very strange thing: we have started this season a few years ago, so...
Quote:
Interviewer
But Alona Bondarenko won.
Quote:
Johanna Larsson
I'm happy for her.
Quote:
Interviewer
Really?
Quote:
Johanna Larsson
Nah, I was joking.
Quote:
Interviewer
Tell us something about your future.
Quote:
Johanna Larsson
I'm going to prepare myself for the Stockholm, my favourite tournament in this first season. My biggest desire now is to win there.
Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #193
country flag Jose.
CL*2NE1

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

Julia and Timea
Andrea

Surprised to see Julia's and Timea's having more succes than Andrea.

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #194
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

oh no Masha
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #195
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova loses in Australian Open

MELBOURNE, AUS - Maria Sharapova's Australian Open campaign came crashing down after losing to Rebecca Marino 76 16 62. Sharapova let a 1st set lead slip, which costed her after losing the final set easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Sharapova
It's obviously disappointing that I lost today. After Sydney I was coming into this tournament quite confident but to lose in the 2nd round only isn't satisfactory. I think Marino played a great match today, I she deserves to go through to the next round.
Earlier today, fellow ART player Dominika Cibulkova made some snipy comments about Maria Sharapova. Here is what she had to say back.

Quote:
Dear Dominika, I did not say I was the favourite of the Australian Open. In fact, it was you who said it, when you said "Oh no, I'm in the draw of Vika and Maria Sharapova." Stop trying to make yourself a doubles player. Stop making stuck-up comments about your amazing doubles play just because you sucked ass at singles. You know, if I could, I could say I dont care about the singles and try to win the doubles. But no, I'm not desperate like you. If you want, go and read your first interview that you gave in Melbourne, where you claim many people thought you were the favourite. Who? The strippers you had with sex before heading to Melbourne? I don't think so. Stop posting though shit comments about other players on twitter. You aren't funny, you're making yourself seem desperate. And no, I'm not the only player who thinks this. And it's really sad that you take pleasure out of me losing. You're a tennis player, not a politician. Stop being a sadistic person. It won't get you anywhere in life.

Maria Sharapova will now continue her ART tour with a couple of International tournaments where she looks to rebuild her confidence and play. But before that, she plays in the doubles with Jelena Jankovic.

Quote:
She's a nice girl. She's tranny and weird, but that's the reason why I like her. We enjoy shopping together ALOT. I can't wait to get out there and play doubles together. Hopefully we can make a good run in doubles, but you know, we're not quite good at doubles anyway.

Last edited by claypova : Dec 30th, 2010 at 10:06 PM.
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote