Disappeared players. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 19th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #1
country flag Memento83

Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute
Disappeared players.

Thought it might be useful to start a thread to trace what has happened to some of the lesser known players on tour who seem to disappear with little fanfare. Does anyone know what happened to any of the below players and why they left the tour so suddenly? Injuries? Retirement? Any other examples of players just disappearing from the tour?

Julia Abe Ranked just outside the top 100 in 2000, qualified for RG that year and won a round. Played a good match against Hingis (then no1) losing 6-4 7-5, and that was it. Never played again, and there seems to be little info about her even on here.

Holly Parkinson Got to the lower end of the top 100 in 2000, won a match at the AO the next year, then barely played again after the clay season that year, appearing only at a couple of 10ks in 2002.

Denisa Chladkova Hung around the top 50 for years, beat Davenport at Wimbledon 97 and reached the QF there, also remember she surprisingly reached the Hanover final one year when Serena beat her easily. Last played in 2006, don't remember any retirement announcement at any point, kind of surprising considering that now players like Tetreault who never reached the top 100 release retirement statements to the media. Pretty sure everyone who watched the WTA then remembers her haircut if nothing else.

Amelie Cocheteux RG junior champ in 1995, after the infamous Wimbledon 2000 incident when Alexandra Stevenson accused her of racism, Cocheteux won just three more matches ever in Luxembourg qualies Went on an epic losing streak for the rest of 2000, stopped playing altogether after 2001, losing R1 in a few challenger events that year.

Louise Latimer British player who came within a match of the top 100, after bad form in 2001, announced a six month break from the tour after losing to Lisa Raymond at Wimbledon 2001, and never returned to the tour.

Last edited by Memento83 : Dec 19th, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
Memento83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 19th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #2
country flag darkangel23

darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of
Re: Disappeared players.

When has Tetréault retired?
Good luck to: Pironkova, Karatantcheva, Peng, Krajicek, Dushevina, Vesnina, Cetkovska, K&A Bondarenko, Oudin, Cornet, Tatishvili, Cibulkova, Olaru, Niculescu, Cirstea, Kleybanova, Larcher de Brito, Robson, Zahlavova Strycova, Rogowska, Marino... Would be even more...
In Loving Memory
M.Seles M.Hingis A.Myskina N.Vaidisova M.Pierce T.Golovin J.Hénin K.Clijsters
darkangel23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #3
country flag Memento83

Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute Memento83 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel23 View Post
When has Tetréault retired?
She announced a couple of weeks ago. There is a thread on it a few pages back.
Memento83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #4
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Vakulenko? Where art thou?

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #5
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

Angela Haynes
I know she's taken a few months off, but I'm wondering when or if she'll come back...
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #6
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Chladkova's hair
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #7
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

Louise Latimer became disillusioned with the sport after just failing to crack the top 100 and went to university.

I'm pretty sure Holly Parkinson had a very nasty injury, I can't recall what it was right now but it was more than "just" a serious injury.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #8
country flag cassiusclay

cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold cassiusclay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento83 View Post
Julia Abe Ranked just outside the top 100 in 2000, qualified for RG that year and won a round. Played a good match against Hingis (then no1) losing 6-4 7-5, and that was it. Never played again, and there seems to be little info about her even on here.
That's scary I hope she's still alive. It seems weird to just disappear like that.
cassiusclay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #9
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's actually scary

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #10
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=53995

R.I.P. Bally
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #11
country flag HAOCHEN-GOAT

HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Irina Spirlea

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
HAOCHEN-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #12
country flag Sammo

She was a nasty ***** who cares

R.I.P. Bally
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #13
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento83 View Post

That's strange. Would like to know the story behind.
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #14
country flag Sammo

Julia Abe

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=53995

RIP

R.I.P. Bally
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #15
country flag Sammo

Haha just kidding! But you sure believed it!

R.I.P. Bally