Petko Articles & Interviews - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #61
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petko Articles & Interviews

German articles in the run-up to Fed Cup tie GER-USA

FAZ
Vom Nervenbündel zur Vorzeigefrau

DIE WELT
Ein Rummel wie bei Steffi Graf

Rheinische Post
Andrea Petkovic macht Lust auf Tennis
"Petkovic ist ein Glücksfall"

Berliner Zeitung
Heiser auf der Sammelstelle

SPIEGEL ONLINE
Siegen gegen die Tennis-Tristesse

BILD.de
Petkovic: Mit Eminem gegen die US-Girls

Darmstädter Echo
„Ich habe versucht, Andrea zu schützen“

Eurosport.de
Hyper Hyper, Petkomania!

tennisnet.com
Erfolge im Team sorgen für Erfolge im Touralltag

Last edited by CillyUltra : Apr 16th, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #62
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Articles about her Fed Cup appearance in the two most respected German newspapers

Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
Genuss pur in der kleinen Oase

Süddeutsche Zeitung
Richtung Weltklasse
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #63
country flag CillyUltra

And tonight she was in the headlines on the homepage of Germany's influential tabloid BILD.

"Our new Steffi?"

Wird Petkovic unsere neue Steffi?

Old Apr 19th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #64
country flag Milito22

Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post

And tonight she was in the headlines on the homepage of Germany's influential tabloid BILD.

"Our new Steffi?"

Wird Petkovic unsere neue Steffi?

a person close to me likes to read BILD und Hamburger Morgenpost
Milito22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #65
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Any words from Heinz about Andrea?
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:17 AM   #66
country flag CillyUltra

ProTennisNews.net

Strasbourg: An Interview with Andrea Petkovic

By Tina van Eickels

After reaching the Final of the Internationaux de Strasbourg, second seed Andrea Petkovic took the time to answer a few questions for ProTennisNews.net:

How does it feel to be seeded in the Top 16 for a Grand Slam for the first time [Petkovic is the 15th seed in next week's French Open –Ed.]?
It's great, it's really great. Actually, Australia was the first time I was seeded at all. Last year, I wasn't seeded and I got some tough first rounds. But, nonetheless, I play Bojana Jovanoski in the First Round, which is not an easy draw actually, for being seeded Top 16. [Laughs] But anyway, still, it's good to avoid the Top 10 players in the first few rounds, just to get into the matches.

Going back on something you said yesterday. You said you've improved, but don't quite see yourself winning Grand Slams yet. Anything in particular you feel you need to improve to get there?
I just think it's the experience, especially the experience of playing tournaments over two weeks. I mean, maybe it can happen, you never know, you know, but I am not sure if am quite there yet. I am not saying it's impossible for me, I believe I can do it one day, but I also believe that I have tons of things still to learn. Especially experience, that's not a thing you can really learn, but that you have to go through, get though a lot of stuff. So, I am not sure, things can always happen but to really be called "a Grand Slam contender," I think I am still far, far away from that.

So who are your favorites, then, going into Roland Garros?
Well, I don't know how Kim [Clijsters –Ed.] is playing, because she obviously hasn't played in a while, so that's always tough. But, as I know her, she is quite incredible, it's always incredible how she comes back even from not playing a while.For me, Victoria Azarenka is a big contender. I think she's been playing great in the last couple of weeks. And, of course, Caroline [Wozniacki -Ed.]. I think she can always beat the top players. Maria Sharapova, also. She showed her best tennis this year in Rome and, if she can keep her form, then definitely her. She also has the experience of winning Grand Slams. And you should never forget Schiavone. She is crazy and I think she can do something amazing, because she just has this big heart in her; this big, big fighting spirit. I love her and I would love her to do well again and I am sure she will.

Last question. You are very open, popular on Twitter, active on YouTube and you write (wrote, CU) a blog for the FAZ [one of the leading German newspapers –Ed.]. No chance for boredom on the tennis tour?
[Laughs.] Well, you know, I really want to enjoy my life and I have difficulties doing something I don't enjoy, so everything I do, I just try to take the best out of it. I mean, when I sit down and I think, "Listen, Andrea, you want to do this for the next ten years?" If I just sit in my room alone and think about tennis all day, I am not going to do this for ten years, there is no chance. That's why, I think, I am trying to enjoy myself and to find the best things in tennis and there are so many wonderful things, and so many lovely people on the tennis tour, so I just try to enjoy every moment of it.

http://protennisnews.net/tennis-cove...ndrea-petkovic
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:08 AM   #67
country flag CillyUltra

Interview with Heinz Günthardt (German)
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:21 PM   #68
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Thanks .
Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM   #69
country flag CillyUltra

radio report (German)
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #70
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Petkovic wins Heart Award
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #71
country flag CillyUltra

Interviews (in German)

http://www.bild.de/sport/mehr-sport/...4446.bild.html

http://sport10.at/home/mehrsport/ten...-jede-schlagen
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #72
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

God, I hope that "I can beat anyone" comment isn't coming back to bite her in the ass.
Specter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #73
country flag Sharapower8

Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future

If someone is willing to translate the interviews in english ...

Sharapova.Vaidisova.Vesnina.Bondarenko.
Wozniacki.Kirilenko.Goerges.Petkovic. Azarenka

Sharapower8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 05:05 PM   #74
country flag CillyUltra

Petkovic discusses her tough win, next opponent Sharapova and the prospect of meeting Steffi Graf

German rising star Andrea Petkovic squeezed into her second consecutive Grand Slam quarter-final with a topsy-turvy 6-2, 2-6, 6-4 win against Russia's Maria Kirilenko in the fourth round of the French Open on Monday. The highly intelligent Bosnian-born German will next run into a highly motivated Maria Sharapova in the last eight.

Petkovic in her post match press conference spoke about her mental strength, the prospect of facing Sharapova and how she's like to meet the in-town Steffi Graf!

Another day when your mental strength was tested. Talk about the end of that match.
Yeah, everything has been testing now what I learned in the past year. Everything's been-- I've been tested in the past four matches, I think. Today was the toughest of all. I'm really happy, because I had two or three games where I really lost control of my mental structure, and, yeah, of my mental toughness. I lost control for two or three games. I'm really happy that I gained it back and that I was able to strike back and to lift up my game to another level and hit the ball again. I think that was the crucial part in the end.

Next match is gonna be another test for you. Talk a little bit about that.
Who do I play?

Maria.
Okay. Yeah, I mean, any quarterfinal in a Grand Slams going to be a test. I played her two times this year already. She's a great champion and I have a lot of respect for her. I really admire her not only as a player, but as an athlete and how she handles herself. I think she does a great job, and I think she's representing women's tennis great. So I feel honored to be in the quarterfinals at all, and even more playing such a champion. I think I'm going to be, yeah, tested again. I really think I have to play my best clay-court tennis to beat her. I know I'm able to do that, so I'll try to recover and give it my best shot in two days.

Do you feel wide-eyed about being in the quarterfinals of slam now, or do you feel you really belong here and this feels normal to you and appropriate?
I don't feel that surprised, I have to honestly say. It's not like I expected it from me, but I don't feel surprised at all, because I've shown especially in this year and this season that I belong there and that I can beat all those players. Also, of course, I had a different kind of pressure now than in Australia, because I was also supposed to beat those players this time. In Australia I was kind of like a rookie playing just playing and not thinking. Now I've been also tested the other way around. I was supposed to beat these players and I did, and so I feel like I belong there, yeah.

Have you been in contact at all with Steffi? And secondly, how would you describe your movement after the victory today?
Well, the movement after my victory was so bad. I had no strength to do it properly today, so I'm sorry for that. But I tried my best. No, I haven't been in contact really with her. The last time I talked to her was during Fed Cup. She called our Fed Cup captain, Barbara, during the dinner before it started and wished us all good luck. She told us that she's going to come to one of the next Fed Cup ties, so I really hope I can see her again there. And maybe I'm planning on before the U.S. tour going to Las Vegas again, so I should see her there.

She should be in town - I believe so - for an endorsement.
Oh, yeah, that's cool.

Would you like to see her?
I would. Then the contact is going to happen earlier than I thought. (Smiling.) If I don't die here in this light before.

http://www.thesportscampus.com/20110...ndrea-petkovic
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 08:29 PM   #75
country flag CillyUltra

Andrea Petkovic on her lopsided defeat to Maria Sharapova

Andrea Petkovic was ousted by an in-form and hard hitting Maria Sharapova in the Quarter-finals of the French Open, as she lost out 6 - 0, 6 - 3 to the Russian. Petkovic who had defeated Sharapova at the Australian Open in January was expected to give a much tougher time to Sharapova, but the German disappointed as she stumbled from the very start. She will leave the tournament with her head held high though and one is sure that there are many trophies strewn across her path in the future.

In her post match press conference, Petkovic talks about her defeat to Sharapova and her own game on the day.

What went wrong today for you?
I think it was the beginning, definitely. I think I started off really slow. Well, actually, more my serve I think was a big problem today. I didn't feel my serve at all. And I also felt she played flawless in the first set. I think she maybe made two or three unforced errors. Normally you expect Maria to give you more free points. She didn't at all. I think she also played a great, solid match. So it wasn't only me. Definitely my serve wasn't as good as the previous matches before, so she took full advantage of it. I think in the second set I came back, and it was just maybe for an instant I could have turned the match. Unfor-tunately, I couldn't take the chances that I had. But I think it was just for an inch and maybe I would have turned. As I said, I think she played a great solid match. Yeah, she definitely deserved to win.

What was the biggest problem in Maria's game today?
I think she played long. There were very strong balls, but she plays very long balls, as well, and you can't attack on her balls. But she's very stable, mentally speaking. She's playing each point, and she's a great champion. I have huge respect. But I also think that today I didn't play my best tennis. I didn't play that well. When I play better, I have opportunities against any player in the world. But she did play very well today.

What's the difference between today and the match in the Australian Open, not just the result?
Well, I served much better, and that does make a huge difference against her, because I think she's one of the-- she has one of the best returns on the tour. In the Australian Open I served very well, but today I had no serve, no service. I think she played much better, as well, because she didn't make any unforced error. That did make a difference.

According to you, who could be the favorite of the tournament?
That's very difficult, but I think Maria has great experience. I think she has great opportunity to win the grand Grand Slam. I don't know how you say it. But mentally she's very stable. She played very well today. She's very solid. That makes her a lot of difference having the experience of winning, winning a slam. So she has a great opportunity. But all the others, I mean, all the other girls have an opportunity to win.

What do you think about the way Marion Bartoli evolved?
I played her in Strasbourg, and I did realize how well she plays. After the match, I said, Well, Marion I hope you're gonna recover, because she had withdrawn at that time. I said, I hope you're going to recover because you hit the ball perfectly, and I think you're going to be perfect in Paris. She does show that I was right.

So you're not surprised by the way her game has developed on clay?
No, not at all. I played against her, and, you know, when you're actually on the court playing against another player, you can feel the balls. I could feel that she had wonderful strokes. That's in Strasbourg that I did realize she would play very well.

All these gimmicks, all this routine in between the points, is it a problem for the opponent?
I don't know. I can't say for the others. I can't speak for the others. But as for me, I'm not looking at what the other player is doing. I'm just focusing on myself. I'm not looking at what she does, but all girls are different. If it makes her feel comfortable, she has to do it.

How do you think you've been in this particular tournament? Have you been pleased with how you've played, obviously, up until now, but overall and in comparison to how you did last year?
Well, I am pleased with the way I played here. I have to say I didn't really play -- except one set against Maria Kirilenko I didn't play my best tennis, but I was able to get through to the quarter-finals. Some-times that's worth more than playing well, incredibly well, and getting to the quarterfinals. So I'm pleased with my mental stability now. I'm pleased with the way-- also, today, you know, nothing was really going well, but I was able to stay in the match, and I almost turned it around. I'm pleased with the way I developed from last year, and I still think and I still believe I'm at the beginning of my road, and I'm going to be much stronger in the years to come. So it's okay. Of course today it wasn't my day at all, but I think you have to just look past that and try to learn from it.

And what will be your plans and preparations now to go on to the grass court season? How do you make that shift from Paris?
I really like playing on grass. I really enjoy-- I think I have a good volley, and I think I'm going to try to get in more often, and also try to play a little bit more slice and mix it up a little bit. So I'm really looking forward to developing my game and bringing it to the next level. I'm gonna take two or three days off, try to relax a little bit, take care of my body. You know, during a Grand Slam some things just turn out a little bit -- not injuries, but things start to hurt after three or two weeks. So I'm gonna take care of my body, and then go to Eastbourne and try to prepare.

http://www.thesportscampus.com/20110...aria-sharapova