Are there any fans of BOTH Jankovic and Ivanovic? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #31
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are there any fans of BOTH Jankovic and Ivanovic?

a few years ago plenty of people liked both of them and you'd expect that at least from serbian posters. however, it is very difficult to like both players when they so obviously can't stand each other.

personally i never cared about jelena's tennis career and still don't. my problem with her is just in situations where i feel she is misbehaving towards ana - the eternal fed cup drama, the madrid incident etc. actually the rivalry between ana and jj used to be a very one-sided affair because ana was so much more successful and often at the expense of jelena, so it was the jj fans who started the drama, at least on this forum. it was their constant bitching about ana and the said jelena's misbehaviour that made things more ballanced.

on her own jelena even nearly won me over during her us open semifinal against justine. however, she managed to choke in such a lulzy way that instead of becoming a moderate supporter i lost all respect that i might have had for her up to that point. she was more likeable during her wimbledon mixed doubles title run, but such moments are rare.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #32
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Most of them have killed themselves.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #33
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I liked Jankovic once but fans on TF and their personal feud can seriously mess with your head about who you like.
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #34
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
a few years ago plenty of people liked both of them and you'd expect that at least from serbian posters. however, it is very difficult to like both players when they so obviously can't stand each other.
I don't think that's true at all, it's just that we project our fellings on their relationship. If there's any bad blood between them as of recently, it was caused by the Serbian media and some people within Serbian tennis circles. But I still don't think they give each other a thought (when not playing a match, of course).

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #35
country flag JackFrost

JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute

I like Jelena more than Ana. But I can´t say, that I really dislike Ivanovic.
Ana herself seems to be a gentle nice girl.
Sometimes I start to dislike her, when her fans (some of her fans, not all of them) gets too annoying.
JackFrost is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #36
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
I suppose this was inevitable since so many of VIP's career successes were obtained at the expense of JJ as their rivalry began looking quite one-sided for a while. Their careers reflect their playing styles - VIP's x-treme streakyness vs JJ's much greater consistency but absence of the weaponry required to force a decision in the big matches. Plus Ancitards have The Nuke - a Slam title - which they cheerfully and indiscriminately use against fans of JJ, Dementieva, Safina and so on.
True.

I used to like both of them a lot in 2007/2008. Not so much now, I have started to dislike JJ for her classless behavior at times (the Ana imitating at Madrid ). I still like Ana, I like JJ with streaks of dislike.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #37
country flag JJ all the way

JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieterenka View Post
True.

I used to like both of them a lot in 2007/2008. Not so much now, I have started to dislike JJ for her classless behavior at times (the Ana imitating at Madrid ). I still like Ana, I like JJ with streaks of dislike.
Not to start a war, but don't you think Ana's fist pumps in the first place are classless behavior?
JJ all the way is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #38
country flag empressionist

empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of

Most Serbian fans like them both! I can understand their positions and differences, and they are both my number one favorites on the tour!
empressionist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #39
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ all the way View Post
Not to start a war, but don't you think Ana's fist pumps in the first place are classless behavior?
No. There is nothing wrong with fistpumping.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #40
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But imitating the exaggerated fistpump is classless?

How about Azarenka's behavior? Is it always classy? BTW, I like Vika, so don't take it the wrong way.
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #41
country flag Sharapovian
Pinkpova

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Out of both of them, Ana is my fave
I'm not much of a JJ fan but I don't dislike her either
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #42
country flag yassiesj20

yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all yassiesj20 is a name known to all

I like them both.
Caro
yassiesj20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #43
country flag FerrerFan123
ShinSekai Yori

FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked them both, until I saw Ana play a tight match.

They way she was acting during the Kleybanova match in 2009 was !
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #44
country flag JJ all the way

JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ana's fist pumps belong at the jersey shore (guido style) - those are not normal tennis fist pumps
JJ all the way is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #45
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #of$$$$ View Post
with these two there is no gray area,you like one and hate the other..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
I stopped liking Jankovic ever since she became a pusher.
1.) Not true--many fans are fans of both, but often like one more than the other.
2.) She was always a pusher. If anything, she's turned into a ballbasher now, and look how that turned out.

In my head, I pretend that Ana and JJ are actually secret bestfriends and do everything together, but pretend to make fun of each other sometimes and act like there's a rivalry just for drama (it was JJ's idea, of course).
MB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote