Australian summer 2011 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian summer 2011

Go Sorana!!!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2010, 05:49 AM   #17
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Sori def Chanelle Scheepers 6-3 4-6 6-4

Happy she starts with a win

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 06:08 AM   #18
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

What a choker match! I nearly died in front of the live scores!

In the first set both players were more or less on the same level, but in the end it was Sori who was a little better and therefore won it. At the beginning of set two, like often before, Sori took a break lay quickly 0:4 behind...
At that point I thought it will end like the matches against Kusnetzova or Ivanovic last season with tons of errors and much frustration, but despite my thoughts Sori kept on fighting and came back to 4:5!
Unfortunately, Scheepers took the second with her own serve. In the third one Sori had (in spite of my fears) a good start, quickly a break in front. In contrast to that Sheepers hit lots of Double Foults and I thought it's over, but Sori once again showed that she likes suspence...
So she gamed away her leading position against a struggling opponent. In the end everything went fine again supported by Scheepers who hit DF 12 and 13 (on the match point) in the final service game.

All in all, an OK performance, except the beginning of the second set. She still has huge problems with her consistence, hoping that the reason today was the first match of the new season...

Now beat Hradecka on New Year's Eve night!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 06:15 AM   #19
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
What a choker match! I nearly died in front of the live scores!

In the first set both players were more or less on the same level, but in the end it was Sori who was a little better and therefore won it. At the beginning of set two, like often before, Sori took a break lay quickly 0:4 behind...
At that point I thought it will end like the matches against Kusnetzova or Ivanovic last season with tons of errors and much frustration, but despite my thoughts Sori kept on fighting and came back to 4:5!
Unfortunately, Scheepers took the second with her own serve. In the third one Sori had (in spite of my fears) a good start, quickly a break in front. In contrast to that Sheepers hit lots of Double Foults and I thought it's over, but Sori once again showed that she likes suspence...
So she gamed away her leading position against a struggling opponent. In the end everything went fine again supported by Scheepers who hit DF 12 and 13 (on the match point) in the final service game.

All in all, an OK performance, except the beginning of the second set. She still has huge problems with her consistence, hoping that the reason today was the first match of the new season...

Now beat Hradecka on New Year's Eve night!
Following the live scores was indeed nervewrecking. I really thought she would lose after bein 0-4 down in the 2nd set. It was going really fast at that time, but she came back. Also 12 DF from Chanelle. But glad she pulled through. Important win for her I think.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 06:21 AM   #20
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Nice win for Sorana because Scheepers can really get a lot of balls back & with Sorana's inconsistency, could have been a disaster. So I'm glad, Sorana managed to pull a tough one out. Keep it up Sorana!

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 06:22 AM   #21
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Following the live scores was indeed nervewrecking. I really thought she would lose after bein 0-4 down in the 2nd set. It was going really fast at that time, but she came back. Also 12 DF from Chanelle. But glad she pulled through. Important win for her I think.
Yes, I agree! Especially coming back from 0:4 was important for her and for me to see that she can still fight, though Scheepers took that set!

She also had problems with seizing her break balls! 7 out of 21!!
But these statistics could also mislead because she often needed several break points, but in the end broke her opponent in those service games.
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 08:35 AM   #22
country flag vuhvuh

vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all

I am simply happy she won but I am again scared of next match
to me it feels like it will be again the same Sorana as last year
just hopin I am wrong and that it was just because it was her first match this season COME ON!
vuhvuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 11:51 AM   #23
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Great to see her get a win of any sort. It should give her a bit of belief and hopefully she can improve to beat Hradecka.
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 02:29 PM   #24
country flag Jekyll

Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of

a win is a win, but she should save energy... and that scores are exhausting
Jekyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 09:34 PM   #25
country flag Curcubeu

Here a brief description of the match on the tournament's website:

Sorana Cirstea is also into the second round of qualifying after she outplayed Chanelle Scheepers in a drawn out match that lasted 2 hours and 5 minutes.

Cirstea looked to have everything under control taking out the first set 6-3, however, Scheepers crept back in during the second set, taking it out 6-4.

The last set saw both women working for every point and both requesting to speak to their coaches on several occasions as their games rose and fell. But it was Cirstea who eventually beat Scheepers 6-4.

“It’s the first match and it’s really exciting. I thought it was a good match. I fought ‘til the end; it was a good match and I am happy,” Cirstea said.

Cirstea is due to meet Lucie Hradecka, who was too good for Petra Martic, tomorrow

It looks like she was at least happy to win the match! She also mentioned her strong fight! She has to keep it up with more consistence on her serve!
Then she has good chances to beat Hradecka tonight!
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 10:31 PM   #26
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

A win!
Just keep winning. Right now I'm just happy to see her get a win even thought it should've been much easier

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 06:19 AM   #27
country flag austennisfan

austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all

The match was almost as bad to watch as I imagine it would of been following the live scores. It was a really rollercoaster match with both players doing their best to choke. fortunetly Sorana won, despite the trainwreck that was the start of the second set.It was amazing how much her play and attitude changed after talking to her coach during each set.
austennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM   #28
country flag Jekyll

Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of

I think she couldn't play today due the rain, could she?
Jekyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 12:50 PM   #29
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
I think she couldn't play today due the rain, could she?
As far as I could see, the tournament organisation brought the ATP matches forward because they played first round and due to the weather conditions many matches were delayed.
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM   #30
country flag austennisfan

austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all

its looking more likely she will play tomorrow. if she does, i will watch her match and fill you in with the details if you like.
austennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote