Jana Čepelová thread - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #421
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future
Re: Jana Čepelová thread

if she wants the title, she has to beat even younger players, Bencic and probably Bouchard

GOOD LUCK Jana!

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #422
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Charleston QF
Janka -
Dani 6-2, 6-1
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 04:41 AM   #423
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE HER GAME!!!
She has improved so much from when I saw her at Youth Olympics

Her slightly disjointed Forehand, her Dropshot, Backhand, Movement, Patience, Intelligence, Instincts, Personality and that Boppy Serve are all so nice
Has a great opportunity here for a Premier Final and even a shot at a title

Her ranking will go from #78 to at least #58 and will go to #51 if she makes the Final and 45 if she Wins Has a very legitimate shot at Roland Garros/Wimbledon Seeding if she wins this tournament

It often surprises me that her Grand Slam Round 3 was at Wimbledon after Qualifying given that I wouldn't have picked her game to suit Wimbledon the best

Anyway, her next tournament will probably be Fed Cup as she hasn't entered any WTA or ITF events until then

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #424
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #425
country flag Halloo

Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all

Congrats Jana

Before the match I thought it could go either way & the 1st 5 games were close but then Daniela couldn't keep up with Jana in rallies. She kept on bringing the balls back & Daniela's confidence sank.
Really well done to Jana!

Next round will be tough, Belinda also looks to be on a mission here.
Halloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #426
country flag Halloo

Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all Halloo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarko111 View Post
Watching match. I've never seen Cepelova before. There is lots to like about her game. She's very very aggressive and seems to be a great mover, but not hating, Dani makes a lot of players seem like good movers. I love Dani; she is probably the last of the truly graceful players, but yea.

I'm not a fashion person. Quite frankly, I could care less who wears what.. but I do think it's interesting that Cepelova is wearing a FILAS hat, a nike outfit, and what looks like addidas shoes.. hmmm. Maybe she is hoping for a bidding war after she wins this tournament from all three?
I know, I've noticed that some time ago. I think she just doesn't have a sponsor
I'm hoping that after this run it will change.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #427
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloo View Post
I know, I've noticed that some time ago. I think she just doesn't have a sponsor
I'm hoping that after this run it will change.
For some time she wore Fila clothes, so I think she lost this contract now.

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #428
country flag Halloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
For some time she wore Fila clothes, so I think she lost this contract now.
I know she was & I thought she had a contract with them but it would have been a very short contract (not that I know for how long they usually sign it but I just tend to see players wearing the same brand for years or so).

I actually don't know if she's buying the clothes herself or what. Last year I think I also so her wearing Hingis' Tonic (of course in combination with Fila ).

It would be great for her to get a proper sponsor & nice to see her wearing something else than a mix of brands.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #429
country flag Halloo

Here's an interview with Jana from the WTA website before her match against Daniela. She said if she wasn't a tennis player, she'd be a business woman

Getting To Know... Jana Cepelova

Jana Cepelova made quite a commotion in Charleston when she knocked out World No.1 Serena Williams on Tuesday. Now she's on the verge of her first WTA semifinal.

Published April 04, 2014 12:12
Getting To Know... Jana Cepelova
Jana Cepelova

CHARLESTON, SC, USA - As far as breakthrough wins go, they do not get much bigger than Serena Williams.

On Tuesday, Jana Cepelova shocked the tennis world by knocking out Williams at the Family Circle Cup and she has proven this to be no flash in the pan by going on to reach the quarterfinals.

Here the 20-year-old will face Daniela Hantuchova, but before that she sat down with wtatennis.com for another pressing engagement, her Getting To Know... interview.

How did you start playing tennis?
JC: I started to play tennis when I was four years old. I wanted to play because my brother, Roman, was playing and I loved playing straight away.

Can you tell us a little bit about your family?
JC: My mother's name is Jarmila and my father's name is Peter. They have been so important in my career and built for me and my brother a tennis club (called 'Tenis Komplex') in our home city, Kosice, where I was born. My brother's four years older than me and still plays tennis, but just as a coach for kids in our club.

Can you talk about your current coaching setup?
JC: At the moment, my coach is Martin Zathurecky. He's from Slovakia and he's been coaching me for about one and a half years. My fitness coach is Ladislav Olasz, who I've been working with for five months, and my physio is Zdenko Duris, who I've known since I was 16.

How would you describe your playing style?
JC: I am trying to fight for every ball as hard as I can. But I'm not just a defensive player and when I get the chance I can definitely be aggressive too.

Who were your tennis idols when you were growing up?
JC: When I was younger, my first idol was Martina Hingis. Now it's Rafa Nadal.

What is the best memory of your career so far?
JC: My win against Serena this week in Charleston.

Who has been your toughest opponent?
JC: Bojana Jovanovski in the Fed Cup last year in Serbia. We played for three or four hours and I won 11-9 in the third set - I was very tired at the end!

What are your goals in tennis?
JC: I would like to be healthy and successful. I don't have any specific goals, like to reach the Top 50 by this age and then Top 20 one year later - I don't like to think like this.

What's your favorite surface, tournament and city?
JC: My favorite surface is clay, but then my favorite tournament is Wimbledon. For city, I would choose New York.

How far did you go in your education?
JC: I finished high school three years ago.

What do you like to do for fun?
JC: I like to go shopping, go swimming and also watch some ice hockey matches when I can.

Do you have a favorite movie or musician?
JC: My favorite movie is The Hangover, and my favorite singer is Bruno Mars.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
JC: A fighter.

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
JC: I don't know. I've never thought about this question before!

If you weren't a tennis player, what would you be doing now?
JC: A businesswoman.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #430
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by paulmara : Apr 5th, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #431
country flag elba

Charleston SF

Janka - Belinda 64 57 76(7)
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #432
country flag elba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloo View Post
If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
JC: A fighter.
No doubt.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #433
country flag Halloo

The drama match is over, congrats Jana

What an entertaining match it was! Jana hit almost 50 winners

Both girls were really emotional during the match. Jana's pomes were so funny She gave her all, well done.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #434
country flag vodnar

vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold

I have a great match awaits, but this thriller has exceeded my expectations. Jana, und Belinda too
vodnar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #435
country flag Trabant

Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light Trabant is a glorious beacon of light

Great match ,great performance from both girls. Janka Cepelova
Trabant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote