Allez Arav 2011 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #31
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allez Arav 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuhvuh View Post
whom is she coached by? is she still working with Mouratoglou? I also think she needs to improve her fitness! Hope she can beat jankovic. Allez!
I don't think she is with the academy any longer. Not sure why they parted ways. I felt she made excellent progress last year. The second half results, or lack thereof, can be explained by a lot of things that occured--wrist injury at Birmingham, leg injury at Montreal, Anouch's serious illness and absence from the summer/fall tour which meant Aravane's regular training routine was interrupted, not to mention she must have been worried about him, and overplaying, from which she was fatigued the last several events of the year.

I think she played OK at Bali despite the scoreline. Almost every game had break points in it, so it was a pretty even match that could have gone either way with a little luck here or there. With some rest and a fresh start in 2011, I think she is ready to make a run at top 10. I just hope that she gets her coaching situation in order.

If she gets her serve straightened out, she will clobber most of those girls in the top 10.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #32
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

great fight and win from Aravane

she'll play another serbian next. Bojana Jovanovsky who showed some talent lately by defeating Kaia Kanepi.
Tough but not impossible. Allez!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #33
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

She lost to Jovanovski 7-6(4) 7-6(4)

Oh Aravane, you are so inconsistant! On her day can beat the best and then go lose to players not so good!
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #34
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

get it together in Melbourne stp!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #35
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Well,that Jovanovski is now in SFs.maybe she is not that bad... (no idea,I have never seen her play)
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #36
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post

get it together in Melbourne stp!

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #37
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Disturbing loss. Is that girl a pusher? The stats don't really indicate her to be a big server/power player in any of her matches. If she's a pusher, or a pace absorber a la Kerber/Malek/Martic I could understand Aravane having a problem with her, but that's just a disgusting result, really. Not a good way to start the year.

OTOH, she's a Serb, playing in front of a bunch of ex-patriate Serbs in a country full of them, and I'm sure the crowd was rabidly on her side, especially after Aravane had dumped out Jankovic. I can picture the crowd getting ugly with her, especially some of those clowns who post in GM. [EDIT: According to this article, the pro-Serb crowd annoyed her quite a bit, especially in the tiebreaks: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...rrete-la.html] 6-7, 6-7 is not the end of the world, but I would have liked to see Aravane defend her Sydney points and go into the Open with a chance to build up her ranking, rather than have to try to re-build it. If she doesn't make some points here in Melbourne, she's probably going to start a steady fall in the rankings soon. Though with that power of hers, I just can't see it lasting for long.

As for the AO draw, she's got that nut Zahlavova Strycova in R1, followed by Ondraskova-Dokic in R2, then maybe Na Li in R3. Pretty decent, actually. It's the "Venus-Azarenka" quarter, which IMO is the weak one. She could make waves there, if she is playing well and gets on a good run. None of those gals is what I'd call a favorite, so Aravane has as much chance as anyone. She needs to serve well, though.

'

Last edited by Kipling : Jan 14th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #38
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Happy enough with that draw for the AO, it could have been a lot worse.

She has a good chance to go far, if she hits form.
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #39
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Aravane is playing doubles at AO with Virginie Razzano.Love this team! Hope they can do well

and of course also all the best in singles! Zahlavova Strycova can be dangerous and I'm not talking only about her character on court Let's hope Aravane has not problems overcoming her.Allez!!!
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #40
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post
Aravane is playing doubles at AO with Virginie Razzano.Love this team! Hope they can do well

and of course also all the best in singles! Zahlavova Strycova can be dangerous and I'm not talking only about her character on court Let's hope Aravane has not problems overcoming her.Allez!!!
Yeah, she can be a loon.

I hope Aravane ducks when she throws her racquet.

'
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #41
country flag Bероника

Oh what the hell happened?

Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) d. (17) Aravane Rezai (FRA) 60 36 75
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #42
country flag vuhvuh

vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all

Soo dissapointing Aravane she is so out of form I doubt she will be good this year really damn who is her coach??
vuhvuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #43
country flag Stevecw

Really bad loss Expected better
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #44
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...ano-rezai.html

Was a comment on her website that the morning of her singles she may have had had a personal problem she was dealing with. Virginie's comments don't sound reassuring. I think something is really wrong.

'
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #45
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Some on her website and the l'equipe site are suggesting that there are serious health concerns in Aravane's family at the moment. I hope she is OK.

'