What's Your Best Shot? - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ^^

Forehand CC 62 33.51%
Backhand CC 45 24.32%
Forehand DTL 61 32.97%
Backhand DTL 46 24.86%
Flat (1st) Serve 26 14.05%
Kick/Topsin/Slice (2nd) Serve 5 2.70%
Volley 15 8.11%
Slice 16 8.65%
Double Fault 34 18.38%
Other 14 7.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 30th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #106
country flag FlaviaFan

FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice FlaviaFan is just really nice
Re: What's Your Best Shot?

I have a good backhand, but I have problems making angles with my forehand
FlaviaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2011, 04:34 AM   #107
country flag SwingVolley93

SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute

I miss playing tennis
SwingVolley93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:32 AM   #108
country flag LuvSerena?MeToo

LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light

Backhand slice
LuvSerena?MeToo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #109
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
Definitely 100% of my knowledge my groundies are the strongest basis of my game. As which is my best shot (which is off the ground), somedays my FH CC & s'times DTL is really good when its on, but I make more errors off those shots when I don't get them right.

Whereas with my BH DTL & CC they are really good shots when they are on, however since they are the more solid shots in my game, I'll make less errors but make less winners than off my FH CC or DTL.

At the moment I would say my BH CC, hit some really awesome ones by taking them really early so yeah I'll say that is my best shot. In general probably my 2 handed backhand all-round (CC & DTL - more consistent). Its tough.
I would definitely have to say it is my FH CC now, can hit some good topspin on it as well as angle.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #110
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

My best shot is my serve, but I'm reluctant to click on the poll because I can do all types of serves well. On the deuce court, when I hit the big serve down the middle, I toss the ball above my head and not slightly to the right, so I hammer it but I come over the ball as well, so I naturally impart some topspin so I don't consider it a flat delivery, I think the spin is hard to deal with on the opponent's racquet. I'm also able to serve in different locations of the box with the same ball toss. My favoutite serves are the serve to the forehand side on the deuce court, and the serve down the middle on the ad court, I like to use slice to swing it down the middle. I've also developed a high kicking topspin serve as well. On quite a lot of ocassions, my 1st and 2nd serves can be quite similar and I can serve quite a few aces because I enjoy serving into the corners of the box.

There was an interesting observation I made in 2005 which improved my game by 50% I feel. I was at the French Open where I saw Mary Pierce play Lindsay Davenport on court centrale. I noticed that when Mary served she held the racquet right at the butt, something I didn't take much notice of before then.

When I got home I tried it and have been using that technique since, it really loosens up the arm and actually increases power, I could serve all day with pace because I'm loose. It really helps on all aspects of the game, including grounstrokes everything. I also studied the other top players and most of them do the same, Federer, Sampras etc who have natural power. I also studied Hingis and noticed she held the racquet higher up the handle, that robs her of natural power I reckon, especially if we consider Henin was probably slightly smaller but got more out of her shots.

I have two Flexpoint prestige racquets 93 sq inch strung at 60 pounds (quite tight), I use Babolat xcel and hurricane strings.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #111
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely my backhand. My forehand is quite one dimensional even though I generate a lot of pace off it. But my BH has a lot of variety. It has always been a much more natural shot to me than the FH I don't know why. I'm goofy when snowboarding so that probably explains why I feel so comfortable with my footwork and balance setting up the BH. I can hit it really early DTL and I have good control on by left hand to create a great angle cross court.

I used to have a great serve but it has lost some power ever since I fucked up my shoulder. I can still slice it really well but my flat serve isn't really as dangerous as it used to be.

So yeah basically I'm Maria Sharapova :P just kidding. I love my backhand and it's probably the one shot that made me love Maria so much as well.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #112
country flag Ralph214

Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of

My best shot is the accidental lob when I attempt a forehand or a backhand

My opponents (and I) can never tell what will happen when my racquet hits the ball

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
* Jaja - Sveta - Vika - Petra - Vera *
Marion - Flavia - Andrea - Alisa

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Ralph214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:17 PM   #113
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Forehand CC or sadly DF!
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 07:36 PM   #114
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Inside-out forehand and double fault.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #115
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

My 2HBH is the most safest shot. I am a one hander so I don't practice 2HBH at all, but sometimes I use it in a match (when I am trying to dig out a deep ball or something) and it's always works well.

I always sucked at the forehand, all I can do is push with it or if I go for power always seem to frame it

But my favorite shot is the 1 HBH DTL, even though I am not really that good at it, just love playing it.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #116
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

My best shot is backhand DTL But my serve is pretty much weak even when i sometimes hit an ace and my forehand is like Caroline Wozniacki's :P
Blackowl_1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #117
country flag Felipe Abe

Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all

My Flat 1ST Serve and my Forehand DTL. And some drop shots too
Felipe Abe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #118
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Forehand CC by a mile.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #119
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Forehand CC and backhand DTL
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #120
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepikatadze View Post
My FH CC, DTL & inside out. I have no backhand sadly.
I have a backhand now. It's hit and miss though but I'm still working on the consistency.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote