Erika Sema Cheering Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #16
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold
Re: Erika Sema Cheering Thread

I noticed that she won in the first round of Wimbledon qualies . I hadn't heard of her before, what is her playing style like?
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #17
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
Erika won her 1st round match in Wimby qualies 64 64 against Vrljic.

Next is either Beygelzimer or Soler-Espinosa, not a horrible draw on grass! Beating Erakovic in 3rd round would probably be too much to hope for though.
Yes she has a very good draw for her ranking position and Soler could be beatable too !
40 points already.
SF: Doubles Sunderland, Kuala Lumpur
Singles: 83// Doubles: 59 (partnering: flareon)
Titles overall(ITF): Singles: 1 (1), Doubles: 12 (5)
Phil=) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #18
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

I checked Erika's match out today. I was really interested to see her live, I'd never seen her before. Here are a few scattered notes.

As the score reflects, she played really well. Her main issue seemed to be that she lacked the power, but made up for it with real fight, engaging in many really long rallies from the back of the court which often ended with Erika tiring Vrljic out. She also seemed to struggle with the Croat's backhand slice alot, and some of the spins thrown at her, and like most Asian players kept hitting the ball flat and reasonably deep in the court. She did have trouble closing both the first set and the match out, needing a bit of help in the first set, wasting several chances in a long deuce game. She got broken as well in the final set when she was up 5-2, if memory serves. But she showed alot of fighting spirit and never gave up, the crowd which had gathered to watch the match seemed to support her more than Vrljic and applauded her shots more and offer some words of encouragement.

I was also really impressed with her work ethic, after the match, she spent over half an hour running laps around the grounds which was pretty interesting.

Sorry about how scattered and random the above is. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:34 AM   #19
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of

thanks for match info Sugi!Erika is having a great year,with some impressive results,She has a good shot to make the last rd,Erika should be able to get past Soler..Good luck Erika...keep us updated Sugi......
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #20
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

Unfortunately she lost her match against Soler but she'll get 40 juicy points !
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #21
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of disappointing.

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #22
country flag juki

juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report Sugi! Erika doesn't have the weapons to really challenge top-100 players right now, but she has improved so much over the last few years. A few years ago her reputation was that of a more purely defensive player, and she is definitely trying to impose more and more on her ground strokes.

In her blog after her loss to Soler she wrote that she was disappointed how passively she played in the key points. She definitly realizes what she needs to do to keep improving.

So here is Erika's upcoming schedule:

Next week: 25K Perigueux
June 27: 25k Denain
July 4: 100K Biarritz (3 out of MD)

Hopefully Erika can get into Biarritz MD, nice to see her playing a 100k!
juki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #23
country flag Phil=)

25 K Perigueux:

(1)Erika Sema (JPN) v (Q)Jade Suvrijn (FRA) 64 67(5) 63

Nicely fought after she lost the 2nd set. Her half is pretty weak i think she can rech the QF / SF without problems.
But you never know with Erika on clay though.
Keep going and winning Erika !
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #24
country flag Phil=)

After some bad losses in Europe Erika fought to win her first round match in Contrexeville ( 50 K )

Erika SEMA (JPN) (8) defeated Celine CATTANEO (FRA) 6-4 3-6 6-1

Today she'll play against Kiki Bertens.
Very tricky opponent but not unbeatable
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #25
country flag Phil=)

(8)Erika Sema (JPN) d. Kiki Bertens (NED) 63 64

Wow great win
This is her most convincing win since Wimbledon and it seems she's getting used to the clay now
Next opponent will probably be Renata Voracova, this could be a very long match and Erika will have her chances too.
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #26
country flag juki

juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see Erika win, she seemed to be getting pretty depressed with her singles results the last few weeks on her blog. She's playing another 100k next week in Bucharest, then going home. Hopefully she can pick up some more points and make this extended European clay schedule work out.

Erika has been doing awesome in doubles lately
She always does well with South American doubles partners
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #27
country flag Phil=)

(4)Renata Voracova (CZE) d. (8)Erika Sema (JPN) 60 60

What happened Erika
I really excepted her to have a close match
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #28
country flag -sugi-

I hope everything is ok.

Old Jul 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #29
country flag juki

Erika
Said on her blog this was the first double bagel of her professional career. She'll bounce back though
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 03:29 AM   #30
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

I've supported her sister now I'm here to support her!
She has really been improving out there.
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote