Wozniacki with Yonex ?! photos - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:05 PM   #31
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wozniacki with Yonex ?! photos

The Danish Eurosport commentator just said Yonex have had 7 employees working on customizing Caro's new racket for her preferences, to get weight distribution and other aspects just right for what she prefers. And she said she could play with a frying pan...

The rackets the pros use are rarely the same rackets as sold to the public anyway. Most have at least lead weights added to make the head heavier and custom shaped grips too.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:29 PM   #32
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
The Danish Eurosport commentator just said Yonex have had 7 employees working on customizing Caro's new racket for her preferences, to get weight distribution and other aspects just right for what she prefers. And she said she could play with a frying pan...

The rackets the pros use are rarely the same rackets as sold to the public anyway. Most have at least lead weights added to make the head heavier and custom shaped grips too.
That's one of the advantages of signing with a racket company that considers you one of their top players--they will make sure you get the perfect racket. Yonex wants her to play well. The frying pan comment was probably a mistake or if she said it laughing afterwards it was a joke taken out of context. Don't think you take a lot of money from a company and then say something negative. If she did all her sponsors would get nervous.
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:50 AM   #33
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

She is playing with the worlds most expensive frying pan.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM   #34
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/22/sp...-TENNIS22.html
Quote:
...The question, repetitive or not, that remains unanswered is whether Wozniacki, under the greatest pressure, will have enough faith in her new racket to reach her highest level. Racket changes are fraught with psychological danger.

“I think if you ask anybody, switching rackets is a risk,” said David Witt, the former men’s professional who now helps coach Venus Williams. “Especially when you’ve played with a racket for two or three years and that company knows you, and you’re used to the racket. Even if another company says they are going to make a racket that’s identical, unless they have the exact mold for that racket, it’s not exactly the same.”

Leading players who have struggled with racket switches in recent years include James Blake, Marat Safin and, in 2009, Novak Djokovic, whose results suffered in the early part of the season as he adapted. It is particularly unusual for a new No. 1 player to take such a risk. But Wozniacki’s agent, John Tobias, said Wozniacki had long made it clear that she was open to a switch if it made commercial sense when her deal with Babolat ended. She ended up signing a lucrative racket deal with Yonex after extensive off-season testing.

“It was a really strong commercial deal,” Tobias said. “It was also a little bit strategic because we really want to get her into Asia and expand her brand in Asia, and a Japanese company does that for us.”
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM   #35
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“It was a really strong commercial deal,” Tobias said. “It was also a little bit strategic because we really want to get her into Asia and expand her brand in Asia, and a Japanese company does that for us.”
I find this mildly annoying. The last thing that Caroline should be worried about is building a brand. When you start basing your decisions regarding your game on what the bean counters think is best you are asking for trouble.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:00 PM   #36
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I find this mildly annoying. The last thing that Caroline should be worried about is building a brand. When you start basing your decisions regarding your game on what the bean counters think is best you are asking for trouble.
Does her entire family travel with her ? Just curious. How many people in her traveling group ? If we figure that she travels with a lot of people, we know how costly that is and why the need to continue her success on the tennis court and earn money. If it's more than five, I can only imagine hotel, air fare and other costs.

If she travels with just her dad--keeping costs low--than I would agree with you.
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM   #37
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Does her entire family travel with her ? Just curious. How many people in her traveling group ? If we figure that she travels with a lot of people, we know how costly that is and why the need to continue her success on the tennis court and earn money. If it's more than five, I can only imagine hotel, air fare and other costs.

If she travels with just her dad--keeping costs low--than I would agree with you.
Let's put it in perspective. Yes, it is expensive being a professional tennis player but Caroline wasn't exactly hurting for money so I think she can afford to pay for her costs without the Yonex money. Babolat were not going to pay her quite as much but she still would have made a lot of money had she stuck with them.

She can obviously do whatever she wants and I certainly don't begrudge her making as much money as she can but it sounds like the decision to switch rackets was at least partially done for financial reasons and not necessarily because it is in the best interests of her tennis. My feeling is that if her old racket is working why change and if she does change and that change results in poorer results she may end up earning less money than if she had stayed with her old racket.

On the other hand she has just had her best results at the Australian Open so maybe the racket change was for the best. I think it's still too early to say one way or the other but when I read about decisions being made in the interests of expanding her brand I get a little skeptical.

Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM   #38
country flag ezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Let's put it in perspective. Yes, it is expensive being a professional tennis player but Caroline wasn't exactly hurting for money so I think she can afford to pay for her costs without the Yonex money. Babolat were not going to pay her quite as much but she still would have made a lot of money had she stuck with them.

She can obviously do whatever she wants and I certainly don't begrudge her making as much money as she can but it sounds like the decision to switch rackets was at least partially done for financial reasons and not necessarily because it is in the best interests of her tennis. My feeling is that if her old racket is working why change and if she does change and that change results in poorer results she may end up earning less money than if she had stayed with her old racket.

On the other hand she has just had her best results at the Australian Open so maybe the racket change was for the best. I think it's still too early to say one way or the other but when I read about decisions being made in the interests of expanding her brand I get a little skeptical.

You might be surprised about how much money the family has. I do know that when a player who travels with one parent for one year (no coach fees) must earn over $120,000 in earnings to finish in the plus. This was quite a few years ago. Remember this doesn't include coaching fees.

You know better than me what her financial situation is.

instead of getting angry with Woz why aren't you venting your frustration to Babolat. They have tons of money. Over the summer, they gave a lot of money to Pete Sampras which is why I guess they had very little for Woz. If Babolat had upped the ante and showed they wanted her I assure you she probably would have signed with them.

Please, unless you work for Babolat, give me a break. The ball was in their court and they didnt want her. Okay. They thought she didn't warrent a raise. They let her go. They didnt have to match Yonex but just come close.

God forbid if somebody told you take less money for a job. It's wrong.

Not angry at you. just bringing out a point.
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM   #39
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
You might be surprised about how much money the family has. I do know that when a player who travels with one parent for one year (no coach fees) must earn over $120,000 in earnings to finish in the plus. This was quite a few years ago. Remember this doesn't include coaching fees.

You know better than me what her financial situation is.

instead of getting angry with Woz why aren't you venting your frustration to Babolat. They have tons of money. Over the summer, they gave a lot of money to Pete Sampras which is why I guess they had very little for Woz. If Babolat had upped the ante and showed they wanted her I assure you she probably would have signed with them.

Please, unless you work for Babolat, give me a break. The ball was in their court and they didnt want her. Okay. They thought she didn't warrent a raise. They let her go. They didnt have to match Yonex but just come close.

God forbid if somebody told you take less money for a job. It's wrong.

Not angry at you. just bringing out a point.
To be honest I am very ignorant of her financial situation.

I believe I said I was "mildly annoyed," I'm hardly angry with Caroline or anyone else.

The problem I had was that from the comments her manager made the decision to switch rackets was based largely on expanding her brand. If it was up to me she would make those decisions based on what is best for her game. If she concentrates on being the best player she can be the brand expansion will take care of itself.

I also pointed out that with the new racket she has had her best result ever at the Australian Open so it appears my mild annoyance may be completely unwarranted. It may well be that the new racket is better for her than the old one and that the decision to change was all about what is best for her game and the brand extension was a secondary concern. Ultimately I do realise that my opinions are completely irrelevant to Caroline and her team, as they should be. I'm just some yahoo spouting my thoughts about things that I don't fully understand. You or anyone else shouldn't take anything that I say too seriously.

Old Jan 24th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #40
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Quote:

If you do not get paid enough according to your skills and results compared to others, its time to look for another "job".
Carofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #41
country flag stangtennis

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...261973709.html

Looks like Alex Wozniak now plays with the same Yonex VCORE 100S racket as her "little sister" Caro Wozniacki.
I haven't seen any other pros play with this racket yet.
Wozniak used to play with Yonex RDiS 100 MID PLUS according to Yonex: http://www.yonex.com/tennis/racquets...html#rdis100mp

http://www.yonex.com/tennis/topics/vcore/index.html
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #42
country flag ezone

hewitt; monaco and nalbandian although they are using the drive model (thinner beam)
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 06:25 AM   #43
Tunk

Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all

Hey! everyone
I'll buy Yonex Vcore100s in a few day.
So I've a question.

1. What is Grip size that Caro use 4/14 or 4/38?
2. What's white overgrip brand that she use?

Thanks
Tunk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #44
Tunk

Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all Tunk is a name known to all

No One know?
Real fan of Caro , Help me please
Tunk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #45
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunk View Post
No One know?
Real fan of Caro , Help me please
Personally I have no idea what grip size Caroline has on her racket. I am though failing to understand, why this is material to your own purchase?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote