Wozniacki with Yonex ?! photos - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #16
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wozniacki with Yonex ?! photos

http://www.yonex.com/tennis/topics/vcore/index.html

Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)

Racquet: VCORE 100S

2010 Winner;
Rogers Cup
Toray Pan Pacific Open
China Open

"VCORE lets you play aggressively because it has so much power, but you still have control to put the ball in the right spot to hit clean winners.
The spin is amazing. The ball just kicks off any surface which allows anyone to play with great confidence."

stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #17
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice ad from Yonex! .. I like the 'spin to win' .. just a shame Caro hasn't mastered this new revolutionary racket yet

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #18
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

it looks like the ad picture was shoot in Hong Kong
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #19
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Nice ad from Yonex! .. I like the 'spin to win' .. just a shame Caro hasn't mastered this new revolutionary racket yet
If the racket needs to be tweaked to her liking Yonex will do it. Don't believe Babolat was going to commit that much time and resources into keeping Caroline. It's understandable people like to go where they are liked or appreciated.

It's just a tough time to make a switch but then again her contract was up now and not last year or next year.
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #20
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
YONEX is pleased to announce a multi-year sponsorship agreement with WTA Tour World No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki (DEN).
How many years?

Her previous contract with Babolat was 5 years long.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 02:35 AM   #21
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
How many years?

Her previous contract with Babolat was 5 years long.
I would gather five years; same as Ivanovic with Yonex and most other contracts. They didn't announce anything.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 03:16 AM   #22
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Four years according to Tom Perrotta...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 03:29 AM   #23
country flag ezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Four years according to Tom Perrotta...
Who is Tom Perrotta. Sorry for not knowing.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #24
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who is Tom Perrotta. Sorry for not knowing.

Bloody good question... Who are you Tom?

A tennis journo? that attended the Yonex presser? and tweeted the details?

Tom Perrotta
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 03:45 AM   #25
country flag ezone

Thanks for info. I'll double check with Yonex tomorrow. Any details on money ? I believe Ivanovic, according to a business journalist, became the highest paid female in regards to a racket contract. Wondering if Wozniacki got the same.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #26
country flag Burisleif

Only thing I have read was: upwards of 5Million DKr p/a which is in the region of US$900,000 p/a

I can't imagine they actually know though? Sporten.dk is the sports section for a large Danish broadsheet called 'Berlingske Tidende'

Article here in Danish
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 05:04 AM   #27
country flag ezone

thanks for article and info.
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #28
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Q. You're playing with a new racquet. What are you stringing it with?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Uhm, I am stringing it right now with the strings that I played with before.

Q. Which was what? Some kind of composite?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: It's the red string. It's called Revenge and natural gut. But, yeah.

Interview after King win . http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...405288757.html

Posted by Bilan in Articles and Interviews http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...347308&page=16
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #29
country flag stangtennis

Strange that she tells the press that she's still using the red Babolat Revenge main strings and cross gut strings when Yonex pay her to use and promote not just their rackets but also their strings.
I had already figured out this was the case when she switched from yellow Yonex strings to red Babolat strings, but it's still strange that she says admits using Babolat strings on a press conference when she's paiud by Yonex to use thier stings.
Quote:
Contract Contents;
Tennis racquet, tennis bag and tennis string
Racquet: VCORE 100S
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #30
country flag ezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Strange that she tells the press that she's still using the red Babolat Revenge main strings and cross gut strings when Yonex pay her to use and promote not just their rackets but also their strings.
I had already figured out this was the case when she switched from yellow Yonex strings to red Babolat strings, but it's still strange that she says admits using Babolat strings on a press conference when she's paiud by Yonex to use thier stings.
The original announcement was racket and poly string which was taken from their facebook website. Obviously, she wasn't comfortable with the string so she went back to Babolat string probably with permission from Yonex.

Strings isn't considered a big part of Yonex, and only recently has the the Poly Tour Pro been used by several pros. Kirilenko began using a Yonex string last year for the first time at the Australian Open.

I gather they are developing a string similar to the revenge which she will try later if in fact it is part of her contract. Perhaps it's no longer part of the deal if she didn't like it.

She does need to be more forceful with her shots when the situations presents itself so we will see if the racket will provide her with more power. It's obvious Yonex is putting time and effort into Caro as opposed to Babolat who consider Kim, Rafa and Andy as the face of their company.