Nadia Lalami - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM   #1
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute
Nadia Lalami

Birth Date 28/04/1990
Birth Place Casablanca, Morocco
Residence Casablanca, Morocco
Nationality Morocco
Height 1.76m
Plays Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface Clay, Hard

This week:

10k Rivoli
32 W Stephanie SCIMONE (ITA) 6-2 6-0
16 W Alina SULLIVAN (MEX) 6-1 6-0
QF W Annalisa BONA (ITA) 6-2 2-1 RET
SF W Martina GLEDACHEVA (BUL) 6-2 6-3

I saw her in Fes and although she lost to a not so good opponent, I was impressed with her game. She has a very good first serve and forehand and I think she could do really well on the challenger circuit. It would be great for Morocco, too.

Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2010, 08:31 PM   #2
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nadia Lalami

Final: Nadia LALAMI (MAR) defeated Verdiana VERARDI (ITA) 6-4 6-2

Old Apr 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

BUMP! Slutiana, I think that you were absolutely right about this girl. I watched her play for the first time yesterday -- beating Doi in Fes, 62 75 -- and she's got a boatload of potential.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #4
country flag Slutiana

Yep, I saw it too. She played great. She was so happy at the end.

Up against Rezai now. Here's to hoping that Rezai can't hit a ball in court.
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 12:35 AM   #5
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Fčs 2r: Nadia Lalami [WC] d. ARAVANE REZAĎ [1, WC], 2-6 7-6 (7/5) 6-4

I really liked what I saw of Nadia when I watched her play in the junior event at Eastbourne 2008 (she lost 6-4 7-5 to Elena Bogdan in a very high-quality match by junior standards), so it's great to see her finally making her mark on the WTA Tour.

Nadia may look like Ana Ivanović, but she is more like Maria Sharapova in tennis-terms: she goes for her shots with powerful groundstrokes (accompanied by grunts), and hits the occasional left-handed forehand.
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 08:26 AM   #6
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold

congrats nadia for being the first quaterfinalist from morocco at the WTA tour and beating the no. 1 seed in Fes! keep it up! gl in the next round!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đŕi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 08:51 AM   #7
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 11:15 AM   #8
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

Fes.2011.WS.R2.Rezai.vs.Lalami

Jankovic
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 11:51 AM   #9
country flag Slutiana

Thanks for the video! I'll make highlights when I can.

Shame about the loss yesterday, but she seemed so nervous with all the attention. Considering how unknown she was before this week, I don't blame her one bit.
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #10
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

The thought that she may have been a bit nervous crossed my mind too -- especially in the first set -- but I couldn't say for sure. At any rate, I have a feeling that her subsequent jump of 150+ ranking spots might have helped to ease the pain some.

To tell you the truth, I'm not too worried about the scoreline of that final match, because I'd expect there to be both good and bad days with an aggressive game like hers. In addition to that, she's still a work in progress. It's definitely gonna take some time for her to fully develop. However, when this girl pulls it all together, it is going to be E-P-I-C. I've watched her play 3 matches, and I've already seen her hit nearly every shot in the book. My only concern has to do with her movement, but I'd have to see more of her in order to make a final, judgement call about that one. That said, she also understands how to play defense, and she has no qualms about playing a lob or slice in order to give herself time to recover.

Anyway, I came across this interview with former Moroccan player, Bahia Mouhtassine, and in it she mentions Nadia as one to watch.

http://www.magharebia.com/cocoon/awi.../04/feature-01
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #11

coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold coetzergambill is a splendid one to behold

25k Goyang

R1: Nadia LALAMI (MAR) (7) def Yoon-Young JEONG (KOR) 64 64

R1: LALAMI (MAR)/SIMMONDS (RSA) (4) Vs BAE (KOR)/LEE (KOR)

congrats nadia, gl in R2!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đŕi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #12

R1: LALAMI (MAR)/SIMMONDS (RSA) (4) def BAE (KOR)/LEE (KOR) 60 62
QF: LALAMI (MAR)/SIMMONDS (RSA) (4) Vs CHAE (KOR)/KIM (KOR)

Old May 19th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #13

R2: Ju-Eun KIM (KOR) def Nadia LALAMI (MAR) (7) 61 64

QF: CHAE (KOR)/KIM (KOR) def LALAMI (MAR)/SIMMONDS (RSA) (4) 64 36 [10-8]

had expected a little more.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM   #14

25k changwon:

R1: LALAMI, Nadia (MAR) vs qualifier
R1: HAN (KOR)/LEE (KOR) Vs LALAMI (MAR)/SIMMONDS (RSA)

better luck this week, nadia!

Old May 24th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #15

25k changwon:

R1: LALAMI (MAR) / SIMMONDS (RSA) defeated HAN (KOR) / LEE (KOR) 6-4 6-4
QF: AREFYEVA (UKR) / CHEN (TPE) (1) Vs LALAMI (MAR) / SIMMONDS (RSA)

gl in singles, nadia!