The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #796
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlander View Post
Not everyone down here is retired. We do have a few live ones around here.
BTW is the Captain still alive?
Im Alive... I think....

Yes, lots of big powerful bints play tennis, and much nicer than the 98 pound models that mags think men like.

Smaller tournys are usually more fun, as much as I enjoy going to wimbledon, without the aid of the Hubble Space Telescope you see the square root of bupkiss on the show courts.

The smaller more intimate ones are so much fun, you get to have things like haveing your pen knicked by a six foot plus Russian girl with the intials ED happen.

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #797

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenyaa View Post
You mean from the legendary VCR era??
Its probably one that has a hood and comes with half a pound of C4 in a tray on a stick for a flash.

Old Mar 31st, 2012, 09:04 AM   #798
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
Smaller tournys are usually more fun, as much as I enjoy going to wimbledon, without the aid of the Hubble Space Telescope you see the square root of bupkiss on the show courts.

The smaller more intimate ones are so much fun, you get to have things like haveing your pen knicked by a six foot plus Russian girl with the intials ED happen.
While I don't dispute your generalization,Cap'n,I don't recall Elena's attending any of our smaller tournaments here...perhaps our lovely barkeep could testify to the contrary

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 09:18 AM   #799
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its probably one that has a hood and comes with half a pound of C4 in a tray on a stick for a flash.
He should be happy Vika isn't here then.....

Quote:
Im Alive... I think....

Yes, lots of big powerful bints play tennis, and much nicer than the 98 pound models that mags think men like.

IIRC, that happened in Eastbourne. That's a premier and not really small...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
While I don't dispute your generalization,Cap'n,I don't recall Elena's attending any of our smaller tournaments here...perhaps our lovely barkeep could testify to the contrary
First time I saw the BGO IRL was at the Ordina Open in Rosmalen, she almost ran me over in a golf cart. It was a tier III at the time, a pretty small one if you ask me, albeit mixed.

Bibiane Schoofs Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 12:07 PM   #800

Well, yes Eastbourne isnt a titchy witchy event but it IS kinda diddy next to the all consuming behemoth that is Wimbledon and you can get much closer to the players.

That said, Elena signed me roubles at Wimbledon but that was more luck than judgement and the fact I had my Lena Radar on full gain.

Old Mar 31st, 2012, 02:43 PM   #801
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post
First time I saw the BGO IRL was at the Ordina Open in Rosmalen, she almost ran me over in a golf cart. It was a tier III at the time, a pretty small one if you ask me, albeit mixed.
Well,congratulations,Rik.........except Rosmalen isn't in Mexico,and THAT's what I meant when saying that Elena hadn't played any of our smaller tournaments

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #802
country flag fredlander

fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back from Vail Colorado, my third ski trip this year so it's good to see that the Captain is still alive, if just barely.
I had my chance to see Elena up close at a Tier 3 tournament here in Sarasota ten years(2002) ago but I didn't go.
Elena beat Pierce along the way to the semi's before losing to Myskina who beat Dokic in the finals.
Anyway womens tennis today really sucks. There are no big stars anymore and the top two players are obnoxious screamers.
The WTA top ten is loaded with very average players.
At least men's tennis is still fairly interesting.
fredlander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #803
country flag bruce goose

Men's tennis is interesting??Really??Would love to hear Cap'n's comments on how that abomination of a sport made it into this forum.I suppose there are folks who believe that Disco is artistically meaningful,or that American TV sitcoms are deep and full of people of character.The best way to make the ATP interesting would be to send some of the swishy punks into a bar filled with unemployed construction workers...and then videotape the highlights when the blue-collar guys overhear the ATP'ers whining about how long they had to stand in line to purchase their man-purses

On to the star of the forum,our greatest hope is for the BGO to start producing more Dementievas.We can't be unfair and pressure the Elena Juniors to follow in their incomparable mom's footsteps,but the smartest way to know the apple's quality is to go straight to the tree,right?So who better to churn out more BGOs than the original Queen herself---assuming that the gals have ELENA'S tennis ability and not Maxim's(of course,any sons are welcome to have Max's hockey genes)....I might need to hire a part-time assistant to answer all the phone calls from female Lena fans once the first baby commences his/her 9-month warm-up routine

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #804
country flag bruce goose

What a pleasant coincidence!Today(the day after the post above),recent title-winner and potential WTA Newcomer of the Year for 2012,Timea Babos,declared Elena as her tennis role model as she grew up.The young Hungarian is quite lovely in her own right,but she expounded on all the wonderful traits that make Elena a paradigm for everything that is--or at least sometimes CAN be--beautiful in women's tennis

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #805

Mens tennis may be interesting if it were not played by hairy assed apes.

However bad womens tennis may get, the one thing it has going for it is that its played by women.

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #806
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Mens tennis may be interesting if it were not played by hairy assed apes.

However bad womens tennis may get, the one thing it has going for it is that its played by women.
Just had an idea--thanks to you--to use for one of our promotional vids,Cap'n:

We could either use split screen effects or simply alternate shots with subheadings "Elena" and "NOT Elena"(the latter used for the swishy man-purse carriers).The marked contrast will make the more casual Lena fans appreciate her even more,don't you think?

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #807
country flag fredlander

fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute fredlander has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone alive in here besides me?
fredlander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #808
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

Since you're from Florida I don't think you'll be here much longer either :lol

But Fred has a point though, WAKE UP, people!

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #809
country flag bruce goose

Mikey,forget the wake-up call;we're still dealing with the living nightmare resulting from the void created by Elena's absence.However,there's a mega-neurotic piece-of-work in Masha's forum who thinks that Lena fans are crazy,so maybe that's an affirmation in reverse.....Like when some con man calls you a lowlife,that means you MUST be a decent person

Old Apr 26th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #810

Being called crazy by a bunch of pubesent idiots discovering their balls for the first time, indeed.

How is life down in the retirement home Mr Lander?

Very little excitement on the tennis front at the moment.

Lena has been suspiciously quiet as well which never bodes well.