The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:17 PM   #31
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

That too.... Lenas power goes beyond the mere physical, once she has you, thats it.... only the warm embrace of your own death can save you from her...
But...we wouldnt have it any other way.....

Now see, you had a small laugh there, my job for today is done....

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:18 PM   #32
country flag Maca.Lofish

Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future

thank you captain!
Veronika Afinogenova
The next olympic champion

Maca.Lofish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:48 PM   #33
country flag Danči Dementia
ˇDavai!

Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute

Landlady of the Double Fault Pub is back on action .

always ready to pour a drink for any of you who needs one

Hail Queen Komova
Dementieva - Hantuchova - Vaidisova - Ivanovic
Que el aire es de cristal, que puede estallar.....que aunque mis labios no hablen te quiero devorar.

Danči Dementia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:54 PM   #34
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilongo View Post
By the way i want to update my signature to my old one with the message from Lena to her fans, where she said "my victories are for you" and these things. It was from October 2006 if im right but i cant find it anywhere now. Miss my old signature so much now. Hope someone can help me.
Found it through a Google search. Here you are. Lovely message!

"How's uncommonly that I have all of you: my fans - my friends! I couldn't leave without saying you THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the support, devotion and love! I feel it not only here in Moscow, when I'm on top and win. It helps me go-ahead and hang tough.

Thank you for warmth of your wishes. I LOVE YOU. MY VICTORIES ARE FOR YOU!"
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:56 PM   #35
country flag Fearful Jesuit

Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute Fearful Jesuit has a reputation beyond repute

Here I am, former cook and ferret owner.

you're my favourite - how lucky can any man be?

Paola Suárez - Daniela Hantuchova - María Emilia Salerni - Nathalie Dechy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sarah
me cago en penyarol
Fearful Jesuit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 12:08 AM   #36
country flag Danči Dementia
ˇDavai!

Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute

Santi!!!!

I´ve missed you!!! nice to see you around again!!

Hail Queen Komova
Dementieva - Hantuchova - Vaidisova - Ivanovic
Que el aire es de cristal, que puede estallar.....que aunque mis labios no hablen te quiero devorar.

Danči Dementia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 12:43 AM   #37
country flag Pilongo

Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future Pilongo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
Found it through a Google search. Here you are. Lovely message!

"How's uncommonly that I have all of you: my fans - my friends! I couldn't leave without saying you THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the support, devotion and love! I feel it not only here in Moscow, when I'm on top and win. It helps me go-ahead and hang tough.

Thank you for warmth of your wishes. I LOVE YOU. MY VICTORIES ARE FOR YOU!"
Updated!
Thank you so much, this message means the world to me, and to all of us as well i guess. I used it for so many years as my sig. It's perfect to have it again.

Only Elena can write such warm things

"How's uncommonly that I have all of you: my fans - my friends! I couldn't leave without saying you THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the support, devotion and love!
I feel it not only here in Moscow, when I'm on top and win.
It helps me go-ahead and hang tough. Thank you for warmth of your wishes. I LOVE YOU. MY VICTORIES ARE FOR YOU!"

Elena Dementieva, October 2006
Pilongo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 04:39 AM   #38
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

As the mists over the drydocks slowly disappear on a cold november morning, and the sun rises as light begins to flood the world once more, a familiar figure emerges in the distance.

Putting down the bags carrying his clothes and belongings, his eyes glance over the majestic ship that has brought him and his friends so much joy and happiness in what seems to be a previous life.

"She still smells the same. And her aura has remained unchanged over all this time..."

He makes his way onto the ship. Slowly. Taking it all in.
Being one of the first to sign up for duty again, the walk is a quiet and solemn one. Just the way he had imagined and hoped it would be.

"Empty and quiet corridors. Hmm, what a contrast to my days."

Eventually, spotting a mere few familiar and new faces alike along the way, he reaches the the upper decks and continues on to the Bridge, gently knocking the door.

"Now come on, you whackjob! Don't keep an old friend waiting!"

The door opens and there stands Captain Ross. Restored to full glory as the Captain of the SS Dementieva.

"Sometimes, my old friend," he replies, "things are worth waiting for."

"Former training accommodation manager reporting back for duty, Captain!"

"Welcome back aboard, Alenyaa. We may not be setting out right away, but we are certainly set towards new and uncharted horizons. I'm happy to see you are here along with the new faces, knowing some more old friends are undoubedtly to join us for this new chapter. Your old cabin is waiting for you, go make yourself at home, meet with your old friends that are already here and get to know the new ones. I will see you around rather sooner than later."

"Thank you, Captain. Although I guess the old training accommodations will not be as intensely used as they were back in the day, I will make it my solemn duty to tend to them once more."

As he makes his way for his old cabin, he could swear he hears an old familiar mischevous giggle echoing through the mostly still dark corridors.

He pauses to listen and after a few moments smiles to himself.

"Alenyaa, you silly old goat, your mind is playing tricks on you already. But I forgive you. After all, it feels wonderful to be strolling through these corridors I have so long called my home and soon will again.... Lena... I cannot wait for you to get back here..."

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...

Last edited by Alenyaa : Nov 1st, 2010 at 04:46 AM.
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 06:11 AM   #39
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Don't really give a fuck if anyone likes the idea or not--I'm offering it only to support Elena--NOT to get approval from mere mortals...but I'd recommend a separate trophy room for all of Lena's patriotic trophies and accomplishments.That would include Fed Cup,Moscow and,especially,the Olympics.

Back in 2008,I was one of the only voices who stated that the Olympic triumph was every bit as prestigious as a traditional Slam(MORE prestigious,actually),but many anally inbred tennis fans refused to acknowledge that.A freaking Slam happens four times a year,while the Olympics are the pre-eminent sporting event on the planet by far.It'd be a miracle if anyone found a typical Slam draw of recent vintage that was as hard as Elena's in Beijing.Playing for her country was the one scenario where Lena could overcome the nerves that so often plagued her in Slam events and,aftr losing the first set,she decisively STOMPED Serena in the last two sets of the Beijing QFs,leaving no doubt who was the better woman on that day.

As if I needed any back-up,while summarizing Lena's career the tennis media and the general sporting media immediately offered a disclaimer to the trite 'no Slam' refrain by saying,in the very next breath,"but she WAS an Olympic Gold Medal Winner,"...which was their way of saying that Lena was still a champion despite not having earned that status in the most routine fashion.

I wish that I could scientifically prove that a healthy Lena would've dusted off Schiavone in the semis and then Stosur in the RG final but,even if she did,the Lena-haters simply would've lamely griped that she only won ONE Slam and not more...so fuck 'em and feed 'em beans!!The 2 most important truths are that: (1)Everyone who legitimately understands the sport knows how special Elena was/Is;and (2)Elena herself knows how much we treasure her....Everything else can get flushed into that mental toilet known as GM...and good riddance to it

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM   #40

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Bruce, we have one of those , so good idea. We won't have a museum as such because lena is still very much around.
She may even get more to go in one day

Old Nov 1st, 2010, 09:28 AM   #41
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearful Jesuit View Post
Here I am, former cook and ferret owner.
Santi! Good to have you back aboard!
And Alenyaa, great story you wrote down, if i start to think about it, i can already see it in front of me when i close my eyes, like a film or such..

Right, this fellow's gonna go back to work now, have loads to do in the Wheelhouse, paint job, computer fix and check and connecting it to the main computer at the bridge, cleaning old stuff out etc. etc. Maybe i will find something special...

I will reporting back when i am finished

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM   #42

Captain looks around the bridge, lots going on, new equipment being installed and dust sheets everywhere....as usual..cant find a coffee anywheres.

A few hours later the engineers inform him that anciliary power is ready to be started from the shore lines...

A press of button and the mighty SS Dementievas brain slowly comes back to life, screens light up, displays glow and computers beep, lights begin to come on all over the ship from the Bridge to the Engineering sections, for now, her huge heart is still (undergoing rebuild) but soon those massive engines will turn again and the proud ship and all her dedicated crew will head out to sea once more, carrying their precious cargo to wherever the mood or work takes her.

Old Nov 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM   #43
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
Captain looks around the bridge, lots going on, new equipment being installed and dust sheets everywhere....as usual..cant find a coffee anywheres.

A few hours later the engineers inform him that anciliary power is ready to be started from the shore lines...

A press of button and the mighty SS Dementievas brain slowly comes back to life, screens light up, displays glow and computers beep, lights begin to come on all over the ship from the Bridge to the Engineering sections, for now, her huge heart is still (undergoing rebuild) but soon those massive engines will turn again and the proud ship and all her dedicated crew will head out to sea once more, carrying their precious cargo to wherever the mood or work takes her.

And welcome back indeed, Santi!

Old Nov 1st, 2010, 03:19 PM   #44
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post

Damn it....
I programmed the ship's computers to boot up with 'Pong' .....
I probably overlooked something...
I shouldn't have tried out Dani's new batch of Maker's Mark..

Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM   #45
country flag Alenyaa

Some things never change, do they?