The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #391
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Indeedy! Only Lena law's apply and no insurance either...

OMG i have to renew my job, have to set my mindset on it again .....

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #392
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
No laws apply to Lena..
I'll make sure to notify the chief magistrates of the stricter countries on the Olympic Slam Queen appearance tour

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #393
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Bruce, don't.

I wanna see them suffer

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #394
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute

Me too, me too

Old Feb 11th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #395
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathijs View Post
Me too, me too
Not to be hard on a faithful officer of Elena's flagship,but your sig has a glaring grammar error,Mat;you're supposed to say,"...and all ITS stars and constellations..."---That's the possessive form of "its",referring to something that belongs to a non-human 'owner'...which is different from the contraction "it's" that combines 'it' and 'is' since there's no apostrophe with the possessive form.........I appreciate your love of astronomy,though

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #396
country flag Mathijs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Not to be hard on a faithful officer of Elena's flagship,but your sig has a glaring grammar error,Mat;you're supposed to say,"...and all ITS stars and constellations..."---That's the possessive form of "its",referring to something that belongs to a non-human 'owner'...which is different from the contraction "it's" that combines 'it' and 'is' since there's no apostrophe with the possessive form.........I appreciate your love of astronomy,though
Gracias Amigo!

I'll take a look asap Sometimes even i make language errors, glad i've got my friends to correct..

Yes i love the sky at night, its a passion that i have at least for 10-15 years since i was a little kid...
If you want me to navigate on the stars at night with a sextant on the SS.. if there are problems with the navigation aboard the ss give me a call, and we'll do it, the old fashioned way

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 05:16 AM   #397
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathijs View Post
Gracias Amigo!

Yes i love the sky at night, its a passion that i have at least for 10-15 years since i was a little kid...
If you want me to navigate on the stars at night with a sextant on the SS.. if there are problems with the navigation aboard the ss give me a call, and we'll do it, the old fashioned way
Well,couldn't Elena help us,too?I kinda figured that she had a natural alignment with those heavenly bodies since she IS a heavenly body

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #398
country flag CROUCHING TIGER

CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice

Some Olympic news...where better then here?

Olympic Ranking Point Agreement Reached
FEBRUARY 16, 2011

LONDON, United Kingdom - For the third successive Olympics, women tennis players will receive ranking points at the London 2012 Games after negotiations between the WTA and ITF reached a successful conclusion.

The sport's governing bodies, together with the International Olympic Committee (IOC), have agreed that nations are now eligible to submit up to four entries into the singlesevent and two entries into the doubles. The maximum number of women players allowed per country on-site at the All England Club venue rises from four to six.

WTA rankings will be used as the basis for determining the 56 direct acceptances in the 64-player singles draw for women, subject to a maximum of four players per country as well as existing eligibility requirements. (IOW, Fed Cup participation)

Six of the remaining eight singles places will be selected by the ITF's Olympic Committee, taking into consideration a player's singles computer ranking and a geographic distribution of nations entered, as well as two Tripartite Commission Invitations decided by the IOC, National Olympic Committees and the ITF.

WTA rankings will also be used to determine the 24 direct entries in the 32-pair doubles draw, subject to a maximum of two pairs representing each country and a maximum of six women players per country in total. Doubles players ranked in the Top 10 can receive direct acceptance into the event, providing they have an eligible partner.
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #399

CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice

This one i found on her official site

This is a very interesting Lena interview from late 2004. In hindsight one can draw very interesting conclusions. Therefore I think it's even relevant today.
http://www.izvestia.ru/sport/article659749/?print
Elena Dementieva: "The services of a psychologist I do not need"
Elena Dementieva: "I got the motivation to stay in tennis for another Olympic cycle
Vladimir Rausch

- This is the fifth WTA Tour final in my career. Naturally, I put a more serious problem than just take part in it. Especially this time of the tournament is not a pronounced favorite. Have a chance to win as many as five or six girls. My task, at least - to leave the group and get into the semi-finals ... finals US Open became my salvation. Now I had the motivation to stay in tennis for another Olympic cycle

In the night from Wednesday to Thursday in Los Angeles will start the final women's tournament of the season - ending WTA Tour. Five of the eight member of the prestigious tennis tournament will amount from Russia. And that our compatriots have the best chance to take the top prize. On the eve of departure to the U.S. with one of the representatives of the Russian quintet, Elena Dementieva, spoke correspondent of "Izvestia" Vladimir Rausch.

News: What speech in Los Angeles, you find for yourself successful?

Elena Dementieva: This is the fifth WTA Tour final in my career. Naturally, I put a more serious problem than just take part in it. Especially this time of the tournament is not a pronounced favorite. Have a chance to win as many as five or six girls. My task, at least - to leave the group and get into the semifinals.

News: This season is coming to an end. How do you assess it?

Dementieva: It turned out to be very successful for me. For the first time in my life I played in the finals of a Grand Slam, and has done it twice. In this case not only shows good results, but a decent game.

News: But to repeat his Sydney success in Athens, you could not. Seriously suffered that setback?

Dementieva: When the Olympic tournament ended early for me, I lost all interest in the Games. Did not want to walk or to tennis or other sports. Even communicate with friends who called me with the consolation, there was no sentiment.

Dementieva: I'm really looking forward to the Olympics because she did not know whether I can survive another four years at a high level. In this sense, the final US Open became my salvation. After him, I again felt confident in their abilities, desire to play. And even a defeat in Athens is no longer perceived as a tragedy. At least now I got the motivation to stay in tennis for another Olympic cycle.

News: Real had to win at least one of the finals tournament of the Grand Slam?

Dementieva: During a match with Nastya Myskina at Rolland Garros, I was very nervous and was unable to demonstrate their game. This experience helped me, and the US Open, I felt much calmer. Alas, a rival to do better than me. Hopefully in the next tournament final of the Grand Slam if he will, I'll play even better.

News: This season you have participated in five finals, but managed to win only one. Do not see this pattern?

Dementieva: These tournaments vary in their duration, were weekly and bi-weekly, so what about the laws I would not. One thing to recognize: by the end of the competition, I feel tired. Apparently, it is necessary to change the training system so that during the tournament form improved. Besides, now at Exercise schedule on Sunday I was supposed to output. Therefore, in the day when the finals are played, I'm in a sort of relaxed state. I think you need to change the methodology and introduce a Sunday workout.

News: Maybe you should work with a psychologist?

Dementieva: I received a letter from some psychologists with an offer of collaboration. But after some reflection I rejected them. By their nature, temperament, I can not engage in a frank conversation with a stranger to me man. And who better than mom can know me? Good reasons for bringing a psychologist currently unavailable. I myself know their problems and are constantly working on them - for example, over the same feed. Another thing, the improvement may not occur as if by magic.

News: Four years ago, after the Games in Sydney, you are considered the most promising Russian tennis player. Why has since slowed down your progress?

Dementieva: That season was stunning to me: Olympic finals, semi-US Open, semifinal WTA Tour. But while I was too young and not able to understand what had made. The following year, all waiting for me to even greater achievements, and I could not stand this pressure. Entering the tournament seeded "the first number, experienced a thrill that could not be overcome even the starting circle. Today the situation is different: their current results I achieved through hard work and know what to do next. I think the longer you're going to succeed, the longer it will accompany you.

News: Now you do not get into the squad, which is preparing to take part in the Fed Cup final. You it hurts?

Dementieva: I love this tournament, and until recently did not miss it a single match. I remember when we lost the team in Germany and were forced to participate in China's transitional matches, some of the girls from the team refused to go. In the end, I went and a few spare - Panova, Bovina. For I never was a question of when and where to go: I always planned schedule of their performances in the interests of the team. Therefore, the principles that formed a team for this season, I do not know.

News: Shamil Tarpischev explains his decision by saying that before the first match with an Australian you have requested not to send the call to the team.

Dementieva: The case was different. I just played the final in Miami and planned to come to the Fed Cup in Moscow. But they called me and said that at this stage do not need my services. I was very upset and stayed to perform in America. More invitations I have not been reported.

News: But at the same time you attended a Viennese ball. Like it?

Dementieva: When I was asked to go to the ball, I first wanted to refuse. Sentiment was no, but my mother insisted that I went. Then, not a bit sorry about this decision. A dream come true a little girl to wear a beautiful gown and dance the waltz, which taught me a few times. Whom I myself just did not feel - and Cinderella, and Natasha Rostov.
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #400
country flag bruce goose

As for the last paragraph,Elena far surpasses the actresses whom I've seen cast as Cinderella,so any references to the fairy-tale figure are a waste of time

Old Feb 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #401
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Olympics 2011 without Lena? Totally irrelevant...

Just as long as another Russian doesnt win a medal.... Lena must be the only Russian Gold winner ever...

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #402

I DISAGREE!! For the glory of the Nation and Team RUSSIA i would like another Russian girl could win a medal in LONDON 2012!!
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #403

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

I have never bought into blind patriotism really and would never support a player simply because they are from the same country as me, hence, I detest Andy Murray.

I never could be bothered with the other Russian players and am not going to start now that Lena has retired.

I was and still am a fan of Elena Dementieva and she just happened to be Russian.

I also dont want her accomplishment diluted by some other lesser Russian, and they all are, getting a gold, especially a fake one who hasnt lived there since she was 7 or so.

Old Feb 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #404

I do agree about that blind patriotism, hence, i hate Clijsters.
Elena will ALWAYS remain the NUMBER ONE for me, but that doesn't mean i'll myself shut off from other Russian tennisgirls who do very well; and certainly with a young, talented generation on it's way!! And it wouldn't bother me at all if Maria Sharapova could win a medal in London. As a true member of TEAM RUSSIA i would cheer for her...and LOUD!!!
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #405

Shes no true member at all, just a jumped up overhyped pile of arrogant skanky crap who will never win another decent title again thank god, her days are gone and she will hopefully retire herself soon and the whole stupid media machine around her will die, well, it already is it seems.

Anyways, enough about what I think of her, on to business...

Miss E D has decreed she wants to go to NYC shopping for Blue Jeans, so thats where we are headed, like we had a choice?

What Our Lovely "little" Lena wants, she gets..