The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:38 PM   #331
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

In re the previous post---That's just more evidence,aside from the Olympic Slam's gold medal,that Elena is INTERNATIONALLY recognized as a leader and model of excellence,class and beauty.I recommend to Cap'n Ross that we raise the ticket prices for Elena's appearance tour if folks want the PRIVILEGE of seeing her up close

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM   #332
country flag CROUCHING TIGER

CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice

Paul Pipkin wrote about the Jean Borota-award

Wow... And that means a lot coming from me. All here may guess I am cynical about many awards. (Like those damned plates WTA hands out for suffering the association's exploitation without complaint.)

But this is of a different order. I'm not highly familiar with the Jean Borota award but certain criteria considered grab my attention:

"Elena has quietly helped many people including World War II veterans but has always asked for this not to be made public."

"She was one of the not so many top class players who was fond of giving master classes for the young tennis players."

Both speak with a personal significance to me I'm not comfortable exapanding on--but I would think the obvious is sufficient. Elena was born thirty-six years after the Great Patriotic War. Now, I am aware of the relative degree of sacrifice and know that Russian youth are not so neglectful or indifferent to that debt as contemporaries over here. But a good fifty years until she was of an age of awareness is still a long damned time!

Elena in my eyes is an avatar of Родина--of the Motherland herself. It is gratifying that the gentlemen in Lausanne recognize & honor that character. Congrats! The Dementieva Story is far from finished.
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM   #333
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROUCHING TIGER View Post
Paul Pipkin wrote about the Jean Borota-award

Wow... And that means a lot coming from me. All here may guess I am cynical about many awards. (Like those damned plates WTA hands out for suffering the association's exploitation without complaint.)

But this is of a different order. I'm not highly familiar with the Jean Borota award but certain criteria considered grab my attention:

"Elena has quietly helped many people including World War II veterans but has always asked for this not to be made public."

"She was one of the not so many top class players who was fond of giving master classes for the young tennis players."

Both speak with a personal significance to me I'm not comfortable exapanding on--but I would think the obvious is sufficient. Elena was born thirty-six years after the Great Patriotic War. Now, I am aware of the relative degree of sacrifice and know that Russian youth are not so neglectful or indifferent to that debt as contemporaries over here. But a good fifty years until she was of an age of awareness is still a long damned time!

Elena in my eyes is an avatar of Родина--of the Motherland herself. It is gratifying that the gentlemen in Lausanne recognize & honor that character. Congrats! The Dementieva Story is far from finished.
Though I'm all in favor of showing Elena's patriotism...and I'm glad that you support it...isn't that a Belgian flag next to your poster name??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM   #334
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

All good from the Big D

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #335
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
All good from the Big D
What do you call a maritime accountant?The ship's 'bursar'?You'll have to forgive my lack of nautical vocabulary,but we could use a bookkeeper to rake in Elena's appearance fees and plan the budget for any damages that result from those occasional whims which compel her to smack someone around

Old Jan 24th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #336

CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Thursday 27 January, Elena will play a charity match at CSKA.
She will play with Likhovtseva, Kunitsyn and Cherkasov (from ED-site)
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #337
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Thursday 27 January, Elena will play a charity match at CSKA.
She will play with Likhovtseva, Kunitsyn and Cherkasov (from ED-site)
Congrats on your sig eligibility....but no Elena praise?

Old Jan 25th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #338

I think i praise Elena enough thru my comments on different websites. That signature says enough about forums i think. And yes, that's a belgium flag, not that important. Live in Brussels, capital of Europe!!
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #339
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

So, Lena will need a little bit of training.

Infirmary on stand by!

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #340

According to Bobby Chintapalli ( a freelance journalist...and Elena's fan)
"Elena Dementieva has requested to have her ranking removed and so won't show up next week"

So, this is her last week as top-10. (source ED-site)
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #341
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I think i praise Elena enough thru my comments on different websites. That signature says enough about forums i think. And yes, that's a belgium flag, not that important. Live in Brussels, capital of Europe!!
Yeah,my post probably looked kinda nasty,but I wasn't trying to harrass you,Tiger...no hard feelings,I hope

....And Cap'n Ross,I'm still wondering what a maritime accountant is called

Old Jan 26th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #342

LOL...i was amused by that post, bruce...certainly no hard feelings, on the contrary
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #343

Corporate Pimps are at it again! (source ED-site)

Per an alleged request to remove Dementieva from the rankings, Stacey Alaster's corporate pimps rushed to retroactively erase Elena from the January 17th rankings, which were:

NOW, in mid-week during a major--something that's NEVER done:

Upcoming: Azarenka out, Li Na must save her last year semifinal points, Serena Williams out of top 10 (-2000 points from the last year title).

Elena should be n°8 next week. Dementieva could be top 10 as long as another three weeks.

In the service of PREFERRED CHAMPIONS and their CORPORATE SPONSORS, WTA's panderers have no regard for even their own rules!!!

ALL HENS ON BOARD!!
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #344
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Corporate Pimps are at it again! (source ED-site)

Per an alleged request to remove Dementieva from the rankings, Stacey Alaster's corporate pimps rushed to retroactively erase Elena from the January 17th rankings, which were:

NOW, in mid-week during a major--something that's NEVER done:

Elena should be n°8 next week. Dementieva could be top 10 as long as another three weeks.

In the service of PREFERRED CHAMPIONS and their CORPORATE SPONSORS, WTA's panderers have no regard for even their own rules!!!

ALL HENS ON BOARD!!
Must be some sleazy prick exec who's bitter that Elena refused to pose for some cheesy WTA photo shoot

Old Jan 26th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #345
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

She's still in the rankings dating January 17th on WTATOUR.COM, in both the HTML as well as the PDF version..

Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote