The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #316
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathijs View Post
Lena vice president? and yeah bruce Lena does us make things a little more positive.... so why not make a plan yes me dirty mind playing up again, turning me to the dark stuff
You pre-date me on the SSD by quite a bit,I think,so you might recall how I was sort of on pariah status for implying--CORRECTLY,as it turns out--that Elena may have been somewhat distracted by her biological clock ticking.My thoughts haven't changed on that one bit:I think her maternal tendencies only add to her unparalleled charm......Btw,good luck with that job hunt

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #317
country flag CROUCHING TIGER

CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice

Better take Elena's task serious guys, no shit!! She will represent AND DEFEND solely all the Russian tennisgirls!! Not easy with WTA-witch
Allaster or "circusclowns" as Tiley on your back. I hope we can count on the support of the fierce men & women of the SS DEMENTIEVA...DAVAI!!!
CROUCHING TIGER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #318
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering how sentimental the Sydney Aussies will get during the trophy ceremony as they reminisce about their best champ ever...the Olympic Slam Queen who won the previous two years

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #319

CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice CROUCHING TIGER is just really nice

shrapi wrote:I really miss Elena. (from Elena's forum
The draw ist incomplete without her name.
There is a hole in the schedule.

Paul wrote,

Nothing will fill that awful hole where Elena used to stand.

All these victories just serve to remind us--and remind players as well, I think. Last night when Katya battled Ana & her loud Aussie-Serbian support, did she not recall Alabama last summer? When she may have been a bit less frightened with Elena by her side? Did she not put aside distraction, recalling the one who came when called and stood firm against far worse?

I know she did.

Elena's compatriots, Team Russia & tennis itself suffer. :bye2: Every day, I care a little less about the game.

Keep a candle In the window for her.
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #320
country flag bruce goose

Elena has one of those presences like Chris Evert in the sense that nobody ever gets tired of seeing her and they always want Lena to be involved with the sport in at least some capacity

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #321
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure she will be and in fact is.

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #322

Meaning Cp'n...?
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #323

Hit by a tsunami problably...oh well
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #324
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROUCHING TIGER View Post
Meaning Cp'n...?
Well,I think that he was simply saying that Elena DOES have a role in the sport(as with her vice-presidency in Russia)...it's just that she isn't as visible as she was before because she's not on the court

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM   #325

Mister Director...question...when can i sign in my signature after 150 posts? Thx.
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #326
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROUCHING TIGER View Post
Mister Director...question...when can i sign in my signature after 150 posts? Thx.
If you are asking ME,'Tiger',then I wasn't aware of any post requirements(150 or more)to put comments in your signature....Maybe someone else knows if there is some rule about that here at TF.As far as I know,you could praise Elena with your sig simply by going to 'Private Messages' and then clicking on 'Edit Signature'....I hope you get to post whatever you want in your sig

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 04:45 PM   #327

Thanks...i'll give it a try.
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM   #328
country flag Maca.Lofish

Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future

you do must have a minimal of post to have a signature, I know it 'cause that happened to me a few months ago. But I think with 159 post the option of the signature should show up in user cp
Veronika Afinogenova
CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE!!!

Maca.Lofish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 10:09 PM   #329
country flag bruce goose

Sorry for the lack of information,'Tiger'...but at least I admitted my ignorance on that issue....Will look forward to seeing your Elena praise once you're eligible to post a sig

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:27 PM   #330

Elena Dementieva among nominees for Jean Borotra World Fair Play Award FROM HER WEBSITE

The Jean Borotra World Fair Play Trophy is awarded to an individual for their exemplary attitude shown throughout their sports career for an outstanding and constant spirit of fair play.

The Jean Borotra World Fair Play Trophy is awarded to an individual for their exemplary attitude shown throughout their sports career for an outstanding and constant spirit of fair play, for observing the unwritten rules of sport, and for never taking advantage of an opponent’s bad luck.

Among the nominees for the 2010 award which will be presented at the World Fair Play Awards gala ceremony organised by AIPS at the Beau-Rivage Palace hotel in the Olympic city of Lausanne on January 27 is Elena Dementieva.

Elena Dementieva had an increibly successful 14-year career in professional tennis. She played in two Grand Slam finals, and won many WTA tournaments. But most important about Elena is that she is a real team player. It was with her tremendous efforts that the Team of Russia celebrated victories in Fed Cups. Once Elena wasn’t even invited to the team. But because of the injuries of her compatriots the team was extremely weakened. And Elena made up her mind to help her national team when she was called up at the very last moment voluntarily refusing to play in several WTA tournaments, losing potential winning points and monetary gains, and concentrating herself on preparation for the Fed Cup game.

he is the one who shows the example of patriotic feelings towards her country to the young players. Dementieva used to say that the dream of her life was to win a gold Olympic medal in Women’s singles. In order to make the dream come true on the eve of the Beijing Olympics she declined the honour to play in several prestigious and profitable WTA tournaments, She concentrated her tremendous preparatory work on one single target – the Olympic Games. And she won the Olympic gold! For her the award is the most prestigious for, as she stressed more than once, she was playing for her Motherland, for the national team, for herself and for her mother who was her permanent coach for dozens of years. In WTA she is considered to be one if the most intelligent and decent players, never refusing the interviews, always on excellent relations with her opponents.

Elena has quietly helped many people including World War II veterans but has always asked for this not to be made public.

She was one of the not so many top class players who was fond of giving master classes for the young tennis players.

Her sudden decision to make an end to her glorious career was a surprise for everybody. There were tears on the faces of other outstanding tennis stars when they heard the final and definite declaration of Elena Dementieva.

The nominees for the 2010 Jean Borotra World Fair Play Trophy are :

Elena Dementieva – Tennis player, Russia
Dominik Hrbaty – Tennis, Slovakia
Elvira Del Carmen Hucke Atan – former Basketball player and sports manager, Chile
Jefferson Perez Quezada – Race walking, Ecuador
Jean-Luc Rougé – Development & Project Manager, International Judo Federation, France
Angelo Tenconi – former motorcycle racer, Italy

tears on the faces....