Romania to finally host a WTA event in 2014? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #46
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all
Re: Romania to finally host a WTA event in 2014?

It would be awesome, but I'll believe it when I see it on the WTA website. ProSport has gotten plenty of things wrong in the past.
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #47
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

E perfect pe subiect video-ul urmator :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubuc-By8hmQ&t=0m56s - - De la 0:56 pana la 1:30

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #48
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Not quite that bad, but along those lines .
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #49
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
It would be very nice but it doesn't look very credible at the moment . Last year, the Calendar was last edited on the 15th of December.
This might be the case but remember that at this time last year the tournament in Barcelona was also still standing on this provisional calendar and 2 months before it should have held the organizers were withdrawing from the WTA tour which led to the event having been held in Nuremberg instead.

I want to defend the Romanian sports media at this point by saying that I don't think these rumours are completely out of the blue. The event in Budapest is close to being shut down since Szavay has lost a top ranking spot. To be more precise, it's only a matter of time until this event will disappear from the calendar. In this case I can imagine a possible event in Bucharest already being planned as immediate back-up should Budapest already pull out in the course of the next months.

It would certainly be the perfect replacement thinking in geographic terms and the number of visitors would surmount the one in Budapest easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
E perfect pe subiect video-ul urmator :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubuc-By8hmQ&t=0m56s - - De la 0:56 pana la 1:30

Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #50
country flag Raddu

Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice

Great news !
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...-2014-11769902

( The Romanian Goverment increased the sports budget for the WTA tournament )
Raddu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #51

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Today, the WTA Calendar has been Updated and Bucharest Open replaced Budapest Grand Prix (OFFICIAL) for the 7-13 July week.

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...endar_2014.pdf

So Romania will finally host its 1st WTA tournament ever.

Hope it will last more than 1 year, as in 2015 there won't be any elections (the main financing coming from the Government)

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #52
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!!
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #53
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Great news.

Some early candidates for wildcards?

Begu and Dulgheru are a lock if they won't get in directly. Mitu might snatch the third one.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #54
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Omg I would kill to attend.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Omg I would kill to attend.
You have lots of events in France where you can see Niculescu, Halep, Cirstea + a lot of other top players

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #56
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually thinking of going to Poitiers 100k this year to see the Queen in action. But players playing in front of their homecrowd is something different
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #57
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

I am sooooo going!!!