Which backhand do you use? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: BACKhand

One Handed 22 18.03%
Two Handed 96 78.69%
What's a backhand...? 4 3.28%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #61
country flag uchickenvn

uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all uchickenvn is a name known to all
Re: Which backhand do you use?

Two handed backhand cause it's more stable
uchickenvn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:58 PM   #62
country flag magnus5

magnus5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Which backhand do you use?

I can't decide what double backhand grip should I use. I've been using continental grip for my right (dominant) hand, but I can't get enough spin. It's is bothering me, because my forehand (I use eastern grip) produce a lot of spin and I can hit flat ball also. I've been thinking to start using double backhand grip with dominant right hand in an eastern backhand. I know with that grip I would have to hit ball more in front of me and I'll have much troubles with lower balls (opposite for high balls).

What do you suggest? I would really love to hit spin from both sides...

For example: Djokovic uses continental grip for his backhand and it's probably the best backhand on the tour.

I'll probably hit my backhands more easily cause of the loop (I play tennis 2 times a week)

EDIT: Today I tried two-handed backhand with a eastern backhand grip on my right dominant hand. It's pretty though to brush the ball and hit at the same time. It would bo tougher on the court, couse today was just hitting the wall.

Will probably stick to continental and try to brush more. Won't get so much spin as with the eastern backhand, but eventually I could change the grip to eastern backhand, when gain speed, control and power.

Is it possible to play good spin with continental grip?

Can you tell me what is the most common two-handed grip on the tour? Federer uses eastern backhand, Murray and Djokovič two-handed continental....

Last edited by magnus5 : Feb 24th, 2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: experiences :)
magnus5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote