2011 Schedule - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2010, 02:58 AM   #16
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajrá Ági! View Post
While that's quite hard to take, I do think she has a point regarding the Australian Open, she's never had any success there in the last 4 seasons. So if she's not feeling ready then I have to agree that she's making the right decision. I know she'll lose the 210 points from last year, but that should also help with the season after when she'll have nothing to defend until February. So I think long-term this could be good for her. I'm really sad that I won't get to see her playing again for so long though. Hopefully she comes back and has an amazing season and stays healthy, because she was playing some great tennis last season in between all the injuries.
I'm sorry, but you're way to faithful in her. She has gone only backwards in three years, yet you're consistently supporting her and making excuses I just don't see how someone can make a decision to skip a major so lightly . And "'never had success" is very loose - last year she had match points against a very near finalist.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2010, 03:57 PM   #17
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

Not really. I'm just far more realistic in what I expect her to achieve at this stage in her development. Also I'm not sure how three R1's and an R2 at the Australian Open constitutes success. She hasn't done well enough in the past 4 years to justify putting the rest of her season at risk by playing when she's not ready. I don't like that she's missing a major either but it is the right decision regardless of how you or I feel about it. All I've ever said is that she needs time to find her game and to develop further. She has the ability of a top 10 player, she just needs to learn how to use it and how to be mentally stronger, both of which she has improved on in the last 3 years, especially under Karl-Heinz's coaching.

As for making excuses, all I've done is offer rational explanations which tends to get repetitive because of how often and how quickly people jump on her back after a loss. Losing matches is part of sport, it's an important part of the development of a player. It is by no means the end of the world and 99% of the time she doesn't deserve the abuse she gets on here. The only exception I can think of where she genuinely let herself down being Paris indoors in February when she lost to Oudin because she got distracted by a ball boy instead of focusing on winning the 2nd set.

People seem to be stuck in 2007 as if they think it's her right to get those results consistently. I wish it was, but it's not, it takes hard work. She will get back to that kind of form in time, but in the meantime people need to adjust their expectations and accept that she's working hard to improve and stop expecting her to play flawlessly every match.

I think it's far too easy to forget that she's not a sports team, she's a 22 year old girl who has feelings. Yes it can be very frustrating when she loses but almost everything said about her after a loss on here has nothing to do with tennis and is just a personal insult which is completely uncalled for. I'd be more than happy if what was said was actually about tennis, it'd at least be constructive and give us something to talk about properly.

I have no issue with you or anyone else having a different opinion to my own, it's your entitlement. But I do, in the same respect, have a right to support or stick up for her if I think that what is said is unfair.

On that note, please don't take this as a personal attack on yourself or anyone else here. I really like everyone here and I'm not here to make enemies. It's good to have people here to talk to about Ági, tennis in general and other things like Hungarian. That is something impossible to find anywhere else because she's one of the lesser known players on the WTA Tour and for that reason I do appreciate everyone's contributions in all the threads regarding various subjects.

I hope you all have a great, healthy and happy 2011, and here's hoping Ágnes has a very successful one too.

Last edited by Hajrá Ági! : Jan 1st, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
Hajrá Ági! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 09:43 PM   #18
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

^Not to be rude, but if she didn't play well in Melbourne over the past few years, wouldn't she want to improve her record there?

I personally think it was a stupid decision from Agnes

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 10:04 PM   #19
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

If she were fully fit and felt that her training was finished then yes I completely agree with you, she would want to improve her record there. But she hasn't long begun her fitness training and has barely hit a tennis ball so although she's finally healthy there's no way she will be ready to play in Melbourne in my opinion. It's more important to get her pre-season conditioning and fine-tuning right to give her the best chance of staying fit and playing well this season. It takes more than a couple of weeks of to be ready for a major tournament. She wouldn't do herself justice if she went there this year. But again that's only my opinion so I accept not everyone will necessarily agree.
Hajrá Ági! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 10:43 PM   #20
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion

I just think it's sad that she doesn't believe that she would play well in OZ

Old Jan 1st, 2011, 03:59 AM   #21
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

^I totally agree! I mean she's a pro, she plays all year every year since she was a little baby. While the off-season regime can help, it's ultimately her game and head that make the difference and if she is that low in confidence it's a very weak sign.

"Hajrá Ági" no insults meant at all, and I'm glad we can have a rational discussion (unlike most people on this board) I just have lost faith this lack of confidence is disconcerting and while Ági has made the occasional improvement since 2007, it has essentially been backward progress. You say she is working hard to get back and all, but unfortunately at this point, I don't really believe it anymore, and if she is working hard, she clearly has extremely inefficient methods, as a player with far less talent can be number one while she struggles to be top forty. This year also was just crazy, she had flashes of impressive form, but she was plagued the entire year by a thigh strain, which to anyone else is a minor injury, I've never heard of a thigh strain taking a year to recover from. As for this virus, she also gets sick all the time so might be time to change the diet or something.
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 04:48 AM   #22
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
^I totally agree! I mean she's a pro, she plays all year every year since she was a little baby. While the off-season regime can help, it's ultimately her game and head that make the difference and if she is that low in confidence it's a very weak sign.

"Hajrá Ági" no insults meant at all, and I'm glad we can have a rational discussion (unlike most people on this board) I just have lost faith this lack of confidence is disconcerting and while Ági has made the occasional improvement since 2007, it has essentially been backward progress. You say she is working hard to get back and all, but unfortunately at this point, I don't really believe it anymore, and if she is working hard, she clearly has extremely inefficient methods, as a player with far less talent can be number one while she struggles to be top forty. This year also was just crazy, she had flashes of impressive form, but she was plagued the entire year by a thigh strain, which to anyone else is a minor injury, I've never heard of a thigh strain taking a year to recover from. As for this virus, she also gets sick all the time so might be time to change the diet or something.
Good Post

Old Jan 8th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #23
country flag iGOAT

Ágnes is on the list for Dubai. Not an event she should play IMO .
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #24
country flag iGOAT

Okay just kidding, she's not so I guess that means she'll probably play Acapulco and Monterrey again . IMO if she's playing those two it makes sense to play Bogota as well though that draw is a fucking cakewalk.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #25
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Still really disappointed she won't play AO, but I suppose she felt she needed more time to prepare. It's time for a change anyway, what she has been doing the last couple years hasn't really been working, maybe this odd schedule will help her. Having said that, most people would play. People rarely skip slams unless they have to.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 05:25 AM   #26
country flag iGOAT

So after Paris she is scheduled for NO tournaments until Indian Wells. I think there is something wrong/weird with her that she's not letting on .
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 05:34 AM   #27
country flag hellas719

Her schedule is always a mess
I hope she plays a lot of clay MM's, but she will probably think she is too good for them and then she will just play Rome and Madrid

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM   #28
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

I hope she will play Charleston then. Had some good results on green clay in 2008. But why she needs 3 weeks break after 2 tournaments and one month disadvantage... I think I will just use the usual Ági smilyes
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #29
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Her schedule is always a mess
I hope she plays a lot of clay MM's, but she will probably think she is too good for them and then she will just play Rome and Madrid
Well there's clay International's called Bogota and Acapulco, which she is a completely fucking dumbass not to play. They have easier lists than usual this year too . At least Acapulco does.

Yes, she really should play Charleston!!!
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #30
country flag serenawilliams00

serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all

Ági won't play in Fed Cup by reason of back-injury..
serenawilliams00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote