2011 Schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #1
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
2011 Schedule

Well now that her 2010 season is over, we should start a thread for her 2011 schedule . Is anything confirmed? Obviously the big events are, but do we know her early schedule for 2011 yet? I think she should play a lot of MM's in the beginning of the season to get a lot of confidence and match play . Also, with her current ranking she MAY have to play qualies in Sydney (like last year), so I'd rather her play in Hobart where she won't need to play qualies and she'll have a great chance at getting a lot of points . What do you guys want for Agi? I want this for the first few months:
-Brisbane
-Hobart
-Australian Open
-Fed Cup
-Paris (it was very weak this year and she reached QF)
-Week Off (she didn't play Dubai last year and she likes Mexico apparently so give her time to get there and also time for her to rest)
-Acapulco
-Monterrey
-Indian Wells
-Miami
-Charleston (usually easy points, and it's on clay, and Miami is the week before)

Pretty much like this year, but with Hobart replacing Sydney, and with her playing Fed Cup and in Charleston

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #2
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Schedule

Brisbane's a very nice tournament, but of course I'd personally prefer her to come to Auckland where I live... . I'd have to think about the rest.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #3
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

I liked this year's schedule, except that she should play in FED cup now (I want my dream doubles team Agi-Timi).
In Sydney she had her only top10 win this year, but the possible qualies and the terrible draw (R1 Jankovic, R2 Rezai) makes it a bad choice.
And if we want her to play Charleston (what I think is a great tournament) then she should forget Acapulco. Charleston will be in the new schedule right after Miami.
So:

-Auckland
-Hobart
-Australian Open
-Fed Cup
-Paris (she plays it, because GDF is her main sponsor, and that's why she is a bit more motivated too)
-Week Off
-Week off
-Monterrey
-Indian Wells
-Miami
-Charleston
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #4
country flag fmate26

fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all

I think Ági will play in Sydney... Her favourite town is Sydney.

Sharapova * Kvitova * Zvonareva
fmate26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #5
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

This year was a mess I like that she wants to play some Internationals, but she was horrible the second half of the year I would like:

Brisbane (Good start to the year)
Sydney (She likes the city
Australian Open (Obviously)
-Likely week of rest-
Fed Cup (I support Fed Cup, and she needs Olympic eligibility anyways)
Paris (Good history, and probably a fairly easy draw)
-Week of rest-
Acapulco (She seems to like it, and I like her playing Internationals )
Monterrey (Good warm up for Indian Wells/Miami)
Indian Wells (Mandatory)
Miami (Mandatory)
-Week of rest-
-Fed Cup/Week of rest-
Stuttgart (She is good on clay, even though this field is strong)
Estoril (A clay international would be useful)
Madrid (Mandatory)
-Week of rest-
Warsaw (Big points, week draw)
French Open (Major)
-Likely week of rest-
-Week of rest-
Eastbourne (Good for her to play a grass warm-up, and I favor it being in Britain over 's-Hertogenbosch)
Wimbledon (Major)
-Likely week of rest-
Budapest (Obviously)
Palermo (She hasn't played since winning, and needs to defend her Prague points this week)
-Week of rest-
-Week of rest-
Toronto (Good US Open series event to play)
Cincinnati (She needs to play more US Open series this year)
New Haven (If it's still around, but she has good history here, so should play)
US Open (Major)
-Likely week of rest-
-Week of rest-
Seoul (To prepare for the big events)
Tokyo (To prepare for Beijing)
Beijing (Mandatory)
Osaka (To finish her Asian swing)
-Week of rest-
-Week of rest-
Bali?

IMO something like Quebec City or Portoroz could be nice, but I can't see her playing them I say no to Charleston, because she would've played a lot up to that point. And if she isn't in Bali running, then I would prefer no Seoul, then Linz and Moscow at the end of the year.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #6
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Warsaw and Portoroz most likely won't take place next year
But there will be a tournament in Baku apparently
Very fair that Azerbaijan gets a tournament and Serbia, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, Slovakia, Greece, Ukraine, Romania, Estonia, Belarus, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Bulgaria, etc. don't get and they have the same amount as Russia and Germany

Old Dec 1st, 2010, 08:37 AM   #7
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
This year was a mess I like that she wants to play some Internationals, but she was horrible the second half of the year I would like:

Brisbane (Good start to the year)
Sydney (She likes the city
Australian Open (Obviously)
-Likely week of rest-
Fed Cup (I support Fed Cup, and she needs Olympic eligibility anyways)
No Brisbane nor Sydney
Australian Open is not sure

Maybe she plays first at Fed Cup.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM   #8
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

Hakapeszi, do you know if there is a reason for not playing those tournaments? Is she injured?

Surely she can't even consider not playing the Australian Open if she's fit? Is it not in the WTA rules that players ranked as highly as she is, have to play the slams plus the Premier Mandatory tournaments?

If there's a genuine reason for it then I'll 100% trust and support her judgement, but I'm really confused by this news without further explanation.
Hajrá Ági! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 01:08 AM   #9
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

My god, why everything has gone rotten after her great Budapest/Prague run .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 02:34 AM   #10
country flag hellas719

If she was injured then why did she play in the Budapest exhibition?

Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM   #11
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Maybe later we will get more info, but it really doesn't make sense. She isn't injured, just doesn't feel good, she was ill, and they couldn't start the training in time. But I don't understand what is the AO doing with that. OK, she will get 2 extra weeks to prepare without Brisbane and Sydney, but to not play in a grand slam...
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM   #12
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

Yeah, Brisbane and Sydney are disappointing but not a complete disaster, but I'd really love to see her play the Australian Open, even though she wouldn't be seeded.

Never mind, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that whatever is wrong fixes itself and she decides she can play in Melbourne. As long as she's happy with her own choices then I'll just have to trust her decision even though it makes no sense to me at the moment. There's obviously a good reason for it, and although it's disappointing for her fans to see her miss tournaments, the main thing is her well-being. I'd much rather she took extra time off than played and got bad results because she wasn't ready.

I can't wait to see her play again, its been too long since her last match. Hopefully she's ready sooner rather than later.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #13
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajrá Ági! View Post
Yeah, Brisbane and Sydney are disappointing but not a complete disaster, but I'd really love to see her play the Australian Open, even though she wouldn't be seeded.

Ági won't play at Australian Open, she plays in Fed Cup first.

She says it on szavayagi.hu

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #14
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

While that's quite hard to take, I do think she has a point regarding the Australian Open, she's never had any success there in the last 4 seasons. So if she's not feeling ready then I have to agree that she's making the right decision. I know she'll lose the 210 points from last year, but that should also help with the season after when she'll have nothing to defend until February. So I think long-term this could be good for her. I'm really sad that I won't get to see her playing again for so long though. Hopefully she comes back and has an amazing season and stays healthy, because she was playing some great tennis last season in between all the injuries.
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #15
country flag fmate26

fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all fmate26 is a name known to all

Fed Cup
Paris
Indian Wells
Miami

Sharapova * Kvitova * Zvonareva
fmate26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote