Ashleigh Barty - Page 76 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #1126
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Yeah let's not kid ourselves. She has the WC.
she is probably not allowed to announce it yet... We will see. But I agree with you though
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #1127
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

She knows she has the WC, but saying she wouldn't mind playing qualies too (pretending she doesn't know).

Although that's just media training, she would be pretty pissed if she didn't get the WC
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #1128
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

It's interesting in that article that Jason and Molik think clay might be her best surface, even though Ash disagrees.

I think it has to do with 2 things why its the case:

1. Her first serve is either flat or slice. On clay those kind of serves do not win free points as they do on other surfaces. If she had a top spin/kick serve as a 1st serve (which in general is a bad thing), she would like clay a bit more. High percentage serving is a key, concentrating on placement and spin rather than power.

2. It is a grinders surface. Even if she has the style which suits it, not the physical strength and consistency yet.
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #1129
country flag Markmen
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all

So wonderful to have another Indigenous player on the circuit playing for Australia.
2014: W CYP (S): Paris; Doha. CYP (D): (Spencer.) Indian Wells. Tipping (D): (mariusz_pol) Miami, Indian Wells. R/U FITD (S): Rio; FITD (D) Indian Wells. CYP (D): (Spencer.) Paris. Tipping (S): Katowiice, Doha; Tiipping (D): (mariusz_pol) Aust Open, Doha.
2013: W Tipping (D): (mariusz_pol) Beijing; US Open. Tipping (S): Bastad. CYP (D): (Spencer.) US Open; Guangzhou; Linz. FITD: Oeiras.
RANKINGS Pentathlon = 11 Tipping (S) = 22 Tipping (D) = 3 Team (mariusz_pol) = 1 FITD = 26 FITD (D) = 11 CYP (S) = 8 CYP (D) = 8 QBall = 18
Markmen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #1130
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgray1966 View Post
So wonderful to have another Indigenous player on the circuit playing for Australia.
If someone mentions she is Aboriginal again I will kill someone.
A) She is 1/16.
B) She has no direct relation to any of the culture including groups, language etc.

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #1131
country flag Markmen
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all Markmen is a name known to all

Good lord - Aboriginals are always proud of their heritage. I know that for a fact.
2014: W CYP (S): Paris; Doha. CYP (D): (Spencer.) Indian Wells. Tipping (D): (mariusz_pol) Miami, Indian Wells. R/U FITD (S): Rio; FITD (D) Indian Wells. CYP (D): (Spencer.) Paris. Tipping (S): Katowiice, Doha; Tiipping (D): (mariusz_pol) Aust Open, Doha.
2013: W Tipping (D): (mariusz_pol) Beijing; US Open. Tipping (S): Bastad. CYP (D): (Spencer.) US Open; Guangzhou; Linz. FITD: Oeiras.
RANKINGS Pentathlon = 11 Tipping (S) = 22 Tipping (D) = 3 Team (mariusz_pol) = 1 FITD = 26 FITD (D) = 11 CYP (S) = 8 CYP (D) = 8 QBall = 18
Markmen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #1132
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Good lord - Aboriginals are always proud of their heritage. I know that for a fact.
He's a troll just ignore

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #1133
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If someone mentions she is Aboriginal again I will kill someone.
A) She is 1/16.
B) She has no direct relation to any of the culture including groups, language etc.
What is 1/16?
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #1134
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by binky-GOAT View Post
What is 1/16?
One sixteenth. Also I find that REALLY hard to believe as I'm 1/8th and she looks a lot more predominant than me.

Old May 4th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #1135
country flag binky-GOAT

So you can be a fraction of a race?

Im not sure but I don't think her parents are 100% aboriginal.
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #1136
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Its just like being 1/4 aussie or 1/2

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #1137
country flag binky-GOAT

Ok but I didn't know it was exact fractions. I just thought you were either full or part of a race.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #1138
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not saying she is not proud: its just in my opinion pushing it to say that she is "representing the aboriginal community" when she is not a part

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
He's a troll just ignore

I may be a troll in some matters but race and identity is not something to troll about and I don't... in fact I like Ash I am just saying that it's not like she's Evonne...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
One sixteenth. Also I find that REALLY hard to believe as I'm 1/8th and she looks a lot more predominant than me.

She is either 1/16 or 1/8 I am not quite sure but I think it's the first.
Colour of skin is not ncessarily dependent on what percentage you are but also what percentage her direct Aboriginal relatives are.

Quote:

Im not sure but I don't think her parents are 100% aboriginal.
You can be fractions of genetic makeup of a race but you can't identify yourself fractionally with a race

I think her father but I may be wrong is fully Anglo-Saxon and and her Maternal Great Grand-Mother or Great Great Grand-Mother is completely of Indigenous decent but I may be wrong on that...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #1139
country flag binky-GOAT

She got the RG WC

Im surprised she's not playing a tournament before RG. 1 month break could leave her cold. But last year she played a junior G1 and got injured, maybe she doesn't want that to happen again.
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #1140
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

^I agree she could use a few matches ahead of RG. Maybe she can hook up with Sam and play a few no-holds-barred practice matches. It'd be good for both of them.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote