Ashleigh Barty - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #91
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ashleigh Barty

What is Barty's best surface?
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #92
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
6-7 7-6 6-3

What a great result, saving match points and coming back from behind in that second set.

I don't usually follow juniors, but is the girl Ash beat today of a similar ranking/caliber to the girls she was playing last week? (as in, is their a realistic chance she could win the event)
Wow I was following this on livescores and thought she was dead and buried deep in the second set tiebreak!! I could have sworn the SB ticked over to 6-7 6-7 so I logged off, a bit disappointed but not surprised...however what a great surprise to open this thread and see she actually won!!

I wouldn't say Poznikhirenko was one of the top favourites for the title, but she has a junior ranking of 16 and was seeded 12th. Just a couple of weeks ago she took the Junior No.3, Irina Khromacheva, to three sets in the Italian Open Juniors. She has also scored a few wins against the top 10 girls, so definitely no slouch.

A great win!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimoo View Post
I've got to say, I was fairly dissapointed that Ashleigh was being taken to by Ganna. In saying that, she can't win easily all the time and I'm sure Ganna is seeded for a reason, but she shouldn't have normally been a threat to Ash.

Definitely great experience for her, her nerve held up really well in the end of that second set and after being broken back in the third. She doesn't play many long matches usually, plays Kontaveit next.
I'm going to put it down to nerves, excitement and perhaps she was a touch unprepared considering she would have only had her first hit at Roland Garros yesterday while some of the other girls could have been there a couple of days. Ash didn't perform well in the Australian juniors, I think this year it's probably a bit of a buzz for her just to be on the courts at the likes of Roland Garros, let alone winning matches...that's probably why this match was so drawn out. And traditionally, Ash is actually a slow starter in events this year. She was taken to three sets in the opening rounds of her matches in Kuching, Malaysia and Charleroi, Belgium before blitzing everyone else and taking the titles. Maybe this is a good sign

Kontaveit next, she beat her in Malaysia so here's hoping she has the mental edge and isn't too physically tired from today's long drawn out match and doubles later on too.
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #93
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
What is Barty's best surface?
She's from Ipswich, so I'd say she is at least as comfortable on clay as she is on hard...don't know what her favourite surface is though
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #94
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Ash! Win after win, crazy!

You say she is comfortable on clay and I ask is Australian clay the same as European?
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #95
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shitballs, she got the win

Keep going Ash
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #96
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimadusah View Post
Congrats Ash! Win after win, crazy!

You say she is comfortable on clay and I ask is Australian clay the same as European?
He said that she is least comfortable on clay, but anyway...clay is very different in Australia...Well most are, I'm sure there are nicer courts at some academies. Most clay courts I've seen around are not near as fine, I tend to wonder if they are even clay, just random earth from a backyard somewhere
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #97
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Wow I was following this on livescores and thought she was dead and buried deep in the second set tiebreak!! I could have sworn the SB ticked over to 6-7 6-7 so I logged off, a bit disappointed but not surprised...however what a great surprise to open this thread and see she actually won!!

I wouldn't say Poznikhirenko was one of the top favourites for the title, but she has a junior ranking of 16 and was seeded 12th. Just a couple of weeks ago she took the Junior No.3, Irina Khromacheva, to three sets in the Italian Open Juniors. She has also scored a few wins against the top 10 girls, so definitely no slouch.

A great win!!

I'm going to put it down to nerves, excitement and perhaps she was a touch unprepared considering she would have only had her first hit at Roland Garros yesterday while some of the other girls could have been there a couple of days. Ash didn't perform well in the Australian juniors, I think this year it's probably a bit of a buzz for her just to be on the courts at the likes of Roland Garros, let alone winning matches...that's probably why this match was so drawn out. And traditionally, Ash is actually a slow starter in events this year. She was taken to three sets in the opening rounds of her matches in Kuching, Malaysia and Charleroi, Belgium before blitzing everyone else and taking the titles. Maybe this is a good sign

Kontaveit next, she beat her in Malaysia so here's hoping she has the mental edge and isn't too physically tired from today's long drawn out match and doubles later on too.
That's true, she did lose a set to some random belgian last week before killing everyone else. Here's hoping!
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:48 AM   #98
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Barty loses 1st set 76 after being up 40
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:17 AM   #99
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Kontavei won 76 62
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
Old May 31st, 2011, 01:27 PM   #100
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Oh that sucks
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:59 AM   #101
country flag anthonyqld

Ash and Victoria Duval are into the doubles QF with a 64 64 win last night. Good going
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 01:34 PM   #102

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Lost to the Asian girls in two sets.
But with the points for 2R in singles and QF in doubles she makes herself into to top20 of ITF rankings.
Now she will play G1 tournament in Germany (on clay). Then grass warm up in Roehampton G1 tournament and Wimbledon
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #103

Her rank is 17 right now.
Plays in Germany now, 5th seed and had BYE in 1st round, also top seed in doubles (with Poznikhirenko )
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #104
country flag Dani12

Are the seedings for Wimbledon done on the entry list or what they are ranked going into the tournament? Entry list is at 54, but should nearly be seeded at 17.
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #105

The ranking the week before counts like in WTA.
Hope for a good result here so she is seeded.