Ashleigh Barty - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #811
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Ashleigh Barty

She's playing so crap now. It didn't come in the first set, but it's come now.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #812
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch.

Blitzed. That was a tennis lesson.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #813
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Ouch, last two sets were tough. Mona just played too well.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #814
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Whenever her opponents put on some pressure, she starts to lose it.

Not only does she make UEs, but her 1st serve is much weaker down the middle instead of trying to hit aces, more likely to make DF on 2nd serve too.

She won't be able to challenge top players till she learns that being hammered is sometimes part of the job.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #815
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Whenever her opponents put on some pressure, she starts to lose it.

Not only does she make UEs, but her 1st serve is much weaker down the middle instead of trying to hit aces, more likely to make DF on 2nd serve too.

She won't be able to challenge top players till she learns that being hammered is sometimes part of the job.
Meh, she didn't play that horribly.

Her game at the moment just can't cope with the ballbashing of Mona's when everything is going in. Tough luck.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #816
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Sad she lost in 3 But great to see that kind of scoreline against a good player
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #817
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Meh, she didn't play that horribly.

Her game at the moment just can't cope with the ballbashing of Mona's when everything is going in. Tough luck.
Don't really agree. Her weapon should be her variety. She doesn't use it when under pressure only when she's controlling the points and rallys, when the former should tactically be the time she changes it up. Change the look, the spin etc, it can put a player right out of the zone if they are in one. She has more ability to do that than most, she's never going to overpower the top players, so it has to be a major part of her game. Tomic is a pretty good example of a player that can do this pretty well and he IMO is not as naturally talented as Barty. Barty plays to the opponents game style rather than enforcing her own.

This is not to say she would have won, just a major issue she has at the moment against good players.

She also has horrible problems moving after her serve. For someone with good movement she is incredibly flat footed and good returners that don't hit the ball close to her after motion landing spot give her fits.

She'll get it eventually though, else she won't reach her potential.

Last edited by Dund : Jan 7th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #818
country flag binky-GOAT

^ Yeah good point, she doesn't have the court sense that Tomic did when he was a kid, which allowed him to win some matches even when his game was weak.

But it will come, got all the shots to achieve it and she's a very smart girl.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #819
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Cibulkova R1.

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #820
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #821
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

at least she won't have a height disadvantage.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #822
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
at least she won't have a height disadvantage.
That's what I was thinking

At this stage she seems far more comfortable against players without big weapons.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #823
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Domi rarely puts in 2 good weeks in a row so who knows. Big ask though - she gets totally screwed with draws, she cops flack for getting too many opportunities & not doing anything with them but look at the draws she gets

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #824
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

Cibulkova just got double bageled by Aga in the Sydney final.

Last edited by JarkaFish : Jan 11th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #825
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Cibulkova just got double bageled by Aga in the Sydney final.

Which is very bad news for Ash. She's going to come out guns blazing
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote