Ashleigh Barty - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #766
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Poor crowd out to support Ash at the Hopman Cup.
Must have left after Bernie won
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #767
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Yeah the crowd is a little disappointing. I mean its a Saturday so its not like staying out late is a problem.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #768
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Impressive start by Ash up 4-3 and serving.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #769
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

The hopman cup was struggling to fill out the old stadium which fit like 8,000 people.
This stadium is 15,000 and not really for the tennis, will be interested to see if the final sells out.

Great start from Ash. Lovely game, some of the best tennis I've seen from her.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA

Last edited by Keadz : Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #770
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Aw, Petkovic had to retire because of an injury.

Obviously not the way you want to win but she produced some good tennis out there really.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #771
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Ash was playing some pretty good tennis. Sucks for Andrea though

Ash was awesome in the interview though. Such a lovely girl.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #772
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

She forgot how to play tennis after 4*-3

Bernie gets criticized for lacking energy, but I think Ash really needs to improve that part of her game, especially on the big stage. She seems to lose it.

Also she needs to go for aces on the 1st serve consistently, later in the set she was placing the 1st serve middle of the box which makes no sense at all...

Still should be a good confidence booster.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #773
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Give her time Give her time...

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #774
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Match stats are out: http://hopmancup.com/wp-content/uplo...ic-v-Barty.pdf
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 07:50 AM   #775
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

She's consistently had a horrible case of nerves against top players, and this was probably the first time the nerves didn't completely unhinge her game. She still had a number of unforced errors (and probably forced errors that should perhaps go down as unforced due to bad shot selection and movement), that isn't part of her game at junior level. Once she is able to kill the nerves and play her natural game she will be fine and should comfortably end up a top 10 player given good health.

I think this tournament will be very good for her. She gets to play top players, but without the lose and go home factor of normal tournaments which should hopefully help ease the tension. I think she just needs to play top players more often to realise they aren't that much better than her. She plays like she's out of her depth (which to be honest would be the attitude of most 16 year olds). She could perhaps do with a bit of Tomic's false bravado (though not too much)
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 08:20 AM   #776
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dund View Post
She's consistently had a horrible case of nerves against top players, and this was probably the first time the nerves didn't completely unhinge her game. She still had a number of unforced errors (and probably forced errors that should perhaps go down as unforced due to bad shot selection and movement), that isn't part of her game at junior level. Once she is able to kill the nerves and play her natural game she will be fine and should comfortably end up a top 10 player given good health.

I think this tournament will be very good for her. She gets to play top players, but without the lose and go home factor of normal tournaments which should hopefully help ease the tension. I think she just needs to play top players more often to realise they aren't that much better than her. She plays like she's out of her depth (which to be honest would be the attitude of most 16 year olds). She could perhaps do with a bit of Tomic's false bravado (though not too much)
I agree completely. Good to see you back

It is a good thing that she's playing 3 night matches here too. It is a completely different scenario night matches. Most her life she would have played at 10am but now she plays at 10pm

The conditions are slower and more stable at night, so controlling the ball is much easier, which Ash needs at the moment because it will give her more freedom to go for her shots. She gets too passive when she starts making errors and it actually hurts her game even more (she shanks the ball because her feet get stuck, etc.), she's one of those players that needs to play freely in order to control her shots better.

Also the atmosphere is different too, the spectators are more awake and the match is more intense. If she plays some good matches at Hopman Cup with the crowd behind her, it will give her a great deal of confidence.
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM   #777
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Ashleigh was extremely comfortable in front of the camera during her interview on Channel 10's The Project.

There were are a number of hard-hitting questions:
  • Has Bernard given you a drive in his yellow lambourghini;
  • Are you happy that Petrovic was injured as you were losing
  • Did you cause the injury by running her about so much
  • Ivanovic is a former no. 1 so not much chop anymore so you'd be expecting to win - Ash's answer: Im leaving it to Jason Stoltenberg to work out, so if I lose I'll blame him!
Has a delightful laugh and obviously enjoyed the humourous interview
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM   #778
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

Match against Ivanovic tomorrow should be interesting..
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:23 PM   #779
country flag 5tatRacket
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light

Goes down 6-2 6-3 to Ana Ivanovic and then loses 10-8 in the mixed doubles match tiebreaker.
5tatRacket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:14 PM   #780
country flag binky-GOAT

What a great doubles match! Similar to the match Ash played with Casey losing in TB set in Brisbane, but this one was much better. Novak couldn't return Ash serves

Deja-vu with the singles match, she always gets to good starts then falls away . Im not sure if it's concentration or what but she really needs to fix this.

Ana played a great match though found all the lines, whereas Ash again made heaps of errors. Still a good sign she managed to win 5 games from her.