Ashleigh Barty - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #721
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
So what ? We all know that Keir is not cut for a pro career , still you have to go out there and execute
I know but it was hardly an amazing result
I expected her to win by more
Anyway, with Liv gone, unless she stuffs up against Arina, she has the WC

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #722
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

A win is a win I thought she was the most consistent with power out of everyone.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #723
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I know but it was hardly an amazing result
I expected her to win by more
Anyway, with Liv gone, unless she stuffs up against Arina, she has the WC
Come on she lost just 3 games!!!! It is not like doubles bagels happens every single day.

She didn't have to do much

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #724
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Ash lost to Bobusic 36 63 64

her left thigh was taped as well.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #725
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Too many errors at crucial time
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #726
country flag 5tatRacket
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light

Yikes. I still think Ashleigh is safe for an Australian Open wild card.
5tatRacket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #727
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Too many errors at crucial time
Yep.

But I still enjoyed watching her play, winning is not important at this stage it's her potential. Her serve was really good, much better from first match. Some huge forehands.

Also I like how almost every time she plays the slice, it goes very deep right near the baseline. You need really good control and accuracy to achieve that, not easy to do, very fine margin of error. Most players like Stosur cannot achieve this, easy to punish short slices. Something Federer does really well, even when defending he somehow always seems to get the slice at the baseline, makes it really hard for his opponents to get on top.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #728
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Ash

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #729
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Should she really get a MDWC? I think she'd be better off in qualies, playing the way she did against Bojana I don't see her getting past 1R.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #730
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
To be fair she was injured she's shown she can play much better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #731
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
To be fair she was injured she's shown she can play much better than that.

I know she can play better, but still don't see her getting past R1. Playing slam qualies is a worthwhile experience and if she qualified she might be able to go further than R1 because a. she's gotten a few matches under her belt and b. no pressure on her to perform because she didn't take a wildcard and got in on her own.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #732
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I see what you're saying but there is no way in hell she won't get one.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:54 AM   #733
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

I know, but she shouldn't get one. Players don't get anywhere by being spoon fed.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #734
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
I know, but she shouldn't get one. Players don't get anywhere by being spoon fed.
I think that theory is one of the most overrated and untrue ones. There are for and against reasons about being given WCs (opportunity/experience vs slugging it out)

At the end of the day, or should I say once the player has become a regular in the tour, it really makes no difference if the player was or was not given WCs at a young age.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #735
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
I think that theory is one of the most overrated and untrue ones. There are for and against reasons about being given WCs (opportunity/experience vs slugging it out)

At the end of the day, or should I say once the player has become a regular in the tour, it really makes no difference if the player was or was not given WCs at a young age.
Agree. Molik, Stosur, Dellacqua all got many WC's before getting in on their own merit. Didn't hurt their careers