Ashleigh Barty - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #631
country flag purerandomness

purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all purerandomness is a name known to all
Re: Ashleigh Barty

ASHLEIGH for QF. Hopefully! Fingers cross XL
purerandomness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #632
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

She needs to play without any inhibition. Too many unforced errors and she won't win no matter who she is playing. Hopefully after two attempts at GS, she feels comfortable playing at that level.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #633
country flag Aussie_Fanatic

Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice

Ash is scheduled to play Vinci on Court 14- third match on that court. Let's hope she can play well and hopefully upset a seeded player! All the best Ash
Aussie_Fanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #634
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 26 46.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #635
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Overload of unforced errors seems to be what happens under the bright lights of a GS. She must be too nervous at this point, as it's something she mostly has a good grip on outside of that level.

Purely talent wise she should be winning this match. She's good enough to beat top 50 players IMO, but not if she's playing without any semblence of composure.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #636
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Well, she served horrible again, missing 1st serves, while Vinci was very good on serve. Too many errors too.

Luck was against her too, tough loss

Well i guess the only positive to take out of this match is that she knows she can beat these players now. Just have to be able to execute.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #637
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dund View Post
Overload of unforced errors seems to be what happens under the bright lights of a GS. She must be too nervous at this point, as it's something she mostly has a good grip on outside of that level.

Purely talent wise she should be winning this match. She's good enough to beat top 50 players IMO, but not if she's playing without any semblence of composure.
Stop talking like Ash was the favorite.

She was the WC playing a seed. Despite this, she's had a good season. She'll get that first GS win soon.

Vinci is a good player, she just won RG doubles title. She's experienced, and should have won this match, and did.

The trip to England was still very sucessful with the 50k title.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #638
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post

She was the WC playing a seed. Despite this, she's had a good season. She'll get that first GS win soon.

Vinci is a good player, she just won RG doubles title. She's experienced, and should have won this match, and did.

This this this.

This loss won't affect her too much, I'm pretty sure she'll take something out of it. But I'm just worried that too many handout are going to stunt her development, and I really hope the wildcards (AO, fair enough) stop and she develops at her own pace, through the qualies just like everyone else.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #639
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

People here set the bar up way too high. She is 16
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #640
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
This this this.

This loss won't affect her too much, I'm pretty sure she'll take something out of it. But I'm just worried that too many handout are going to stunt her development, and I really hope the wildcards (AO, fair enough) stop and she develops at her own pace, through the qualies just like everyone else.
Absolutely she really has to play qualies.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:16 AM   #641
country flag Dund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post

As far as I'm concerned, if you are good enough you are old enough. Barty is good enough to beat Vinci. Age is obviously relevent, but only in so far as she beat herself via lack of experience/nerves.

It's different if a player is young and clearly overmatched ability wise with an undeveloped game. Barty's game is polished enough to win this, but her game broke down under the pressure. Sure she is 16, but she's had more experience at this than most 16 year olds and she does not have a typical 16 year olds game. I don't regard her the same as I would any other 16 year old player, because she is simply more advanced. We'll see how much she is able to settle down with further opportunities. Mental fortitude is a large part of playing at the top level, so hopefully this is a strength of hers as she gets more experience.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #642
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dund View Post
As far as I'm concerned, if you are good enough you are old enough. Barty is good enough to beat Vinci. Age is obviously relevent, but only in so far as she beat herself via lack of experience/nerves.

It's different if a player is young and clearly overmatched ability wise with an undeveloped game. Barty's game is polished enough to win this, but her game broke down under the pressure. Sure she is 16, but she's had more experience at this than most 16 year olds and she does not have a typical 16 year olds game. I don't regard her the same as I would any other 16 year old player, because she is simply more advanced. We'll see how much she is able to settle down with further opportunities. Mental fortitude is a large part of playing at the top level, so hopefully this is a strength of hers as she gets more experience.
When everyone is 16 they are thinking about school, relationships and themselves. You can't say if yo are good enough you are old enough. When you were 16, if you are older than that, were you dealing with the pressure of around 5 million people and knowing you were playing a player who you had a shot against???

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #643
country flag Dund

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
When everyone is 16 they are thinking about school, relationships and themselves. You can't say if yo are good enough you are old enough. When you were 16, if you are older than that, were you dealing with the pressure of around 5 million people and knowing you were playing a player who you had a shot against???
You mean like Hingis was at 16? When she was winning Slams? And before you get your knickers in a twist, I'm not saying Barty is as good as Hingis was. I'm saying it's stupid to stereotype and say everyone is the same at that age because it's not true. Some teens are more advanced than others, and are in fact far more mature than your average teen and are capable of thinking about more than just the things you mentioned.

Barty wouldn't have come as far as she has if there wasn't something special about her. She is hardly a typical 16 year old.
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #644
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Anyone know her upcoming schedule? I'm certain she will play at US Open, but it doesn't look like she will play anything before or after that.

She sure spends a lot of time in training blocks. Even with AER I doubt she will get close to her maximum. Doubt she will defend her titles next year too. Looks like just big tournaments + training blocks
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #645
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

She will probably need the main draw WC if she wants to play in New York because I don't think she will quite make qualies with her rank at this stage, there is a chance with withdrawals etc we will have to see. She'd be mad not to play some of the challengers at home at the end of the year! She would clean up I reckon.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote