Ashleigh Barty - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #616
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Looks like she may still play junior wimbledon

Barty, who won the girls singles title at junior Wimbledon last year, has made no secret of her love for the grass courts this week and, less than 24 hours after her doubles victory with fellow Australian Sally Peers, she collected the singles crown.

She said: “That’s probably as good as I’ve played on grass but I think it was a bit tougher than the scoreline suggests. I played some good tennis and it’s great to pick up a trophy.

I’ll head into Wimbledon qualies now which will be a good experience as there will be some strong players there. I’ve not decided whether to enter juniors yet – I’ll play that by ear. But there is no doubt that I’m playing well.”
http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...allenge-title/
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #617
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

^ That's old news. She's now been given and accepted a MD WC into Wimbledon

And she's being verrrry kind saying that her final was 'a bit tougher than the scoreline suggests'. Ash flogged the crap out of Malek. There was like a 14 point run, a 10 point run and an 8 point or something crazy like that. It could've been a double bagel easily!
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #618
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

I know but my post was about her at least thinkning about Junior Wimbledon .
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #619
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

Maybe we should be hoping Ash draws Sam...
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #620
country flag Aussie_Fanatic

Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post

loves it.. I'd rather this than neither of them making it to the second round
Aussie_Fanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 09:13 AM   #621
country flag mardo

mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice mardo is just really nice

Not sure about that - Sam might struggle! Well done Ash! You are amazing!
mardo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 10:57 AM   #622
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post

Would be interesting, would be happy at least one of them made the second round then.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:04 AM   #623
country flag guichard

Tough first round against Roberta Vinci
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:44 AM   #624
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

she doesnt have an outstanding wimby record though. could be there for the taking.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM   #625
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

GL Ash! Get the upset

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM   #626
country flag Aussie_Fanatic

Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice

Go get em Ash!!!!!
Aussie_Fanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #627
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Don't want to jinx her, but I think she should get her first win here

Watched some Vinci, she's weaponless who likes to slice. If Ash can serve well (ie. not a DF machine), she should win in straights.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM   #628
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

That's optomistic, which is fine. But Vinci didn't get to the top 20 for no reason. Her slice backhand troubles a lot of people and it will keep low on the grass, her forehand is alright and so is her serve. Plus she is a great doubles player, she will probably come in a lot on this surface.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM   #629
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Tough one. Let's hope she can play a good match

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 11:01 PM   #630
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Vinci is very good player but for whatever reason her GS record is abysmal so there is a chance.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote