Ashleigh Barty - Page 169 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #2521
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Opinions differ. Some comments have gotten way out of hand, and people have let their emotions get the better of them. When it gets personal, it's not cool. But I also feel that others have taken the moral high ground (and that shits me just as much), and I seem to recall they too are not averse to sprouting negative comments in the past. Shit happens.
Anyway, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Nothing more to say here.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #2522
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
^ yeah my point exactly. I didn't see anyone kicking a stink about Vicky getting called a lazy lesbian or whatever it was & other far more extreme things than Ash has copped. However double standards are something I'm used to around here

Anyway I'm gonna do the same & unsubscribe

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #2523
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

^FYI those comments about Viki got deleted, by mods assumedly.
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 04:22 AM   #2524
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Firstly, I'm not sure what else she's supposed to say: issue an apology to all of Australia for not reaching the top 100 at the age of 18 (something which very very few players do)? She is doing exactly the right thing by looking for positives and speaking positively. She also politely tries to point out her recent achievements, which are considerable, which brings me to my second point:

In the past 18 months, she's won GS matches at RG and the US Open, reached 3 GS doubles finals and made the QF of the other slam. She's won 2 WTA doubles titles and sat inside the top 20 for the entire period. She's close to $1 million in prizemoney. Yes, her singles ranking is now below 200 but she's still inside top 200 on the race to Singapore. Her singles W-L is 18-9 this year and she's qualifed for 3 WTAs. In 18 months she's had 1 top 50 win and 2 top 100 wins.

If it wasn't for the WCs tainting her record, I'm sure you'd all be orgasming over her in the same way that most of you seem to orgasm over Storm Sanders despite Storm having nowhere near the results and record that Ash has.
Absolutely, she was simply saying that she is not worried that a few young players have already made it but she has not. She is doing it at her own pace.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #2525
country flag Markmen
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky-GOAT View Post
Translation: "I can't be bothered right now"

Time is not an excuse, she's been in Top 200 for almost 2 years now. She has the talent. So the only explanation is not working hard enough.
I am so with you on this. I just wish her well in doubles now.
2014: W CYP (S) Paris; Doha; Stuttgart. (D): (Spencer.) Indian Wells; Madrid; Strasbourg. Tipping (S) Birmingham; (D) (mariusz_pol) Cincinnati; Miami; Indian Wells; Madrid; Rome; French Open. Q-Ball Rome; Strasbourg; Baku Triathalon Oeiras; Nurnberg; Birmingham. Tip Easy Tokyo.
R/U FITD (S) Rio; (D) Indian Wells. CYP (D) (Spencer.) Paris; Birmingham. (S) Katowice; Doha; French Open; Stanford. Tipping (D) (mariusz_pol) Aust Open; Doha; Wimbledon; Montreal. Triathalon Eastbourne. Tip Easy Hong Kong Tipping Doubles Toray
2013: W Tipping (D) Beijing; USO. (S) Bastad. CYP (D) US Open; Guangzhou; Linz. FITD Oeiras.
RANKINGS Tipping (S) = 16 (D) = 1 FITD (S) = 26 (D) = 11 CYP (S) = 3 CYP (D) = 1 QBall = 17
Markmen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #2526
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Im with Ash 100%, fans get so deluded into thinking tennis players should live and die tennis at all costs.
Ash is obviously a smart girl, she loves her tennis, she appears very happy. That is all that matters
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #2527
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

Will Ash get Wimbledon MDWC?
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #2528
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
I'm sure she's expecting one.
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #2529
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I'm sure she's expecting one.
Seeing others wc's her will look ok this time, she is ex Junior Champ
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #2530
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
No, they gave one to Townsend because of her result at the FO. bARTY already got one as ex Junior Champ
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #2531
country flag ianchohr

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
No, they gave one to Townsend because of her result at the FO. bARTY already got one as ex Junior Champ
For sure Taylor deserves it more, as well as Vera zvonarevoa, others WC's are OMG!!!
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:00 PM   #2532
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Just play through qualifying please, barty
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #2533
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

She lost 6-2 6-0 to Foretz Gacon in R1 of qualies last year... let's see if she can build on that.
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #2534
country flag ianchohr

I totaly agree if she wins 3 matches in Q, she will gain some confidence+ a decent 1st round draw could do miracles for her career in term of confidence
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #2535
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Ash and Casey are into the Birmingham doubles final
Making up a bit for a disappointing singles loss.

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote