Ashleigh Barty - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #181
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Just saw that match, thank you for the link. Off that performance alone she is a very serious prospect for the future, if she can remain mentally strong she will be top 100 by the time shes 21. If she's mentally strong and a bit taller she will be top 50 by the time shes 21. If she wants it badly enough, even without a growth spurt definitely top 20 potential
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2011, 12:51 AM   #182
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoy to watch her play!
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #183
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

Wimbledon.2011.GS.FR.Barty.vs.Khromacheva
Part1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H94KUW7R
Part2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQETBTNB
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #184
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Had a look at that match, one thing I noticed, her forehand technique is almost identical to Roger Federer's. Exact same heavy whip coming over the ball and follow through. Looks really fluid. Anyone else notice?

Last edited by Dund : Jul 13th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #185
country flag au_sports_opinion

au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold

she has the strength of superman, the speed of michael jordan and the grace of fred estaire
au_sports_opinion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #186
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
she has the strength of superman, the speed of michael jordan and the grace of fred estaire
Seriously, if you look at her forehand in one of the replays, the forehand technique is almost identical. I wouldn't call Federer's forehand technique common, so it is somewhat unique. She also framed a lot of balls at the start of the match, which Federer also does when he isn't in top form and would be expected when generating such an extreme up and over whip action. It also however gives the ability to generate a great amount of acceleration. It's a good forehand if you have the hand eye co-ordination to hit it consistently.
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #187
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

She has a good head on her shoulders

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/vi...atch/25848788/
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #188
country flag au_sports_opinion

au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold au_sports_opinion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dund View Post
Seriously, if you look at her forehand in one of the replays, the forehand technique is almost identical. I wouldn't call Federer's forehand technique common, so it is somewhat unique. She also framed a lot of balls at the start of the match, which Federer also does when he isn't in top form and would be expected when generating such an extreme up and over whip action. It also however gives the ability to generate a great amount of acceleration. It's a good forehand if you have the hand eye co-ordination to hit it consistently.
she does has pretty strokes and a nice serve for her height
au_sports_opinion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #189
country flag Dund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
she does has pretty strokes and a nice serve for her height
Well I hope her coaches are giving her more in depth feedback than that...

Her footwork is good for example, as is her court craft and shot selection, but she seems to have some problems with anticipation as she is sometimes easily flat footed. Of course that is to be expected at her age, but it still needs to be worked on.
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #190
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

I think her movement is quite good for her age. I was very impressed by her slice backhand though. A little inconsistent, but a lot of top 100 players would kill to get that much bite on the one-hander.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 03:53 PM   #191
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

When does she play next?
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 04:08 PM   #192
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Not sure.
Back in Australia.
Is a Richmond Tigers fan for any AFL fans
Saw her picture in the Herald Sun with them yesterday or today...
So she is in Melbourne
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #193
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Although this is amazing, success in juniors does not automatically mean success in the pros.

A lot of our girls (both NZ & Aus) are good examples.

Although in saying that, this is really exciting. Let's hope she has a good team around her who can keep her grounded and they don't try to push things too fast.
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #194
country flag Dund

I'd like to know the statistic of girls that win junior majors at 15 (only just 15 too) then don't go on to have success. A lot of people talk about how the winners of the junior events often don't go on to do anything on the pro circuit, but I'm thinking that's because a lot of the winners are more top age 17 or 18 years old and are winning the junior slams when they should be playing pro if they were really very good.

I'm thinking it's the ones that are going to be very good pros that win junior slams so young, like Hingis and Henin, and are then playing pro by 16-17, though I'm not 100% on the statistic.
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #195
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

The junior Fed Cup finals starts next week. I assume that Ash will be playing here. Pretty good chance for Australia to take this one out.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote